Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-23-2010, 11:16 AM   #41
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models
Re: Opposite Opinion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConvoyGTR View Post
And not to go too long winded about this, but what I hated the most was new characters coming on for a episode or two then dying or never showing up again until way way down the line. I know they got special guest stars for Lockdown, Wreckgar, etc and thats understandable but why was Soundwave only in the show for two episodes? And why were the Decepticons only in for a small hand full of episodes? Why can't it be like G1 and have both side equally represented? I guess because it's a kids show and kids like heroes etc.....

And in all honestly, having watched all the episodes (because I'm a fan of all things transformers) I feel they never had any plan for where they were going with the show. It felt like there wasn't an cohesive idea for what the show was and this is the kind of stores we are going to tell.
I think the show started off with an idea that wasn't going to work: that it would be mostly about the Autobots learning to fit in on Earth and battling human and superhuman badguys, more like a robot Justice League. The Decepticons were going to be more "special guest stars" showing up occasionally.

They shifted off this after a while into a more traditional 'Bots V 'Cons show and that was working well, but they were almost thinking TOO long term and saving characters and plot developments for what I'm sure they hoped and believed would be a many year run. So characters were introduced in a trickle and used very sparingly, setting things up for a very long run.

This led to goofy, go-nowhere episodes like you describe and barely used characters. It also gave us some stupid human enemies.

I think later, in mid-season 2 and then most certainly into the short season 3, they realized things might not last that long, so they sped up introducing characters and plotlines. At this point I really started to like the series - lots of bots, cons, plot developments, character building, etc. The second half of Season 2 and the short Season 3 were some good TF cartoons.

I wonder if they'd started like that, if the fate of TFA might have been different. Maybe, maybe not.
Do you have Perfect Effect Powermaster Prime upgrades PC-15 (little Ginrai dude) and PC-16 (transforming Prime cab) - or Fans Hobby Powerbaser - and you want some hard-to-get MISB ER / TR figures (the 3 ER Coneheads, Runamok, TR Twin Twist & Top Spin)? PM me if you're interested in working out a trade!
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 11:53 AM   #42
RodimusMatrix
Beasty

at first i was iffy on getting generations drift but after looking at many pictures from left right and center it grew on me !
________
FORD MUSTANG SVO SPECIFICATIONS

Last edited by RodimusMatrix; 03-09-2011 at 10:42 PM.
RodimusMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 12:01 PM   #43
Ground Zero
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaliebot View Post
I wonder if they'd started like that, if the fate of TFA might have been different. Maybe, maybe not.
I'm guessing it was going to be canceled either way. Hasbro wanted a *new* TF show for the Hub and I don't think any amount of success for Animated would have changed that.

Regardless, I'm surprised any US produced children's cartoon these days would make plans beyond a third season. Most kids shows last three seasons. After that, their target market has moved on.
Ground Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 12:50 PM   #44
Sideswipe
Break it down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky Tango Foxtrot View Post
He basically has the same transformation scheme as the Machine Wars flipchanger jets, except that he's bigger, more expensive, lacks that spring-loaded gimmick and came out ten years later (which means he should have benefited from the advances in engineering techniques in the intervening time.)

Jetfire is the only character who's Classics version is significantly worse than his original G1 toy.
I like his jetpack, but am sorely disappointed by his split gun. It's WTF, where F stands for Fugly.

I have no love for PCC.

The only reason why I like HA is better character representation with some molds (Jazz, Barricade)
Skids is fugly. Bought him cause he was 15$. Only good thing in there was mcela can now hang out w/ sam and BB now.

I do occasionally like geting a mold/repaint i dont like, then buy some repros and change it into a completely different character, like the predacon Alternators sticker sets for richochet ravege 1.0 and rollbar.
Sideswipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 01:12 PM   #45
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

I don't know who Drift is, actually. I don't remember him from anything I've seen or read in terms of TF stories.

But I saw the toy and liked it (neat car, good looking robot, swords) so I've bought it based solely on the mold, not the character (who I know nothing about).
Do you have Perfect Effect Powermaster Prime upgrades PC-15 (little Ginrai dude) and PC-16 (transforming Prime cab) - or Fans Hobby Powerbaser - and you want some hard-to-get MISB ER / TR figures (the 3 ER Coneheads, Runamok, TR Twin Twist & Top Spin)? PM me if you're interested in working out a trade!
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 01:50 PM   #46
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus

Quote:
I don't know who Drift is, actually. I don't remember him from anything I've seen or read in terms of TF stories.

But I saw the toy and liked it (neat car, good looking robot, swords) so I've bought it based solely on the mold, not the character (who I know nothing about).
I don't know who Drift is either, but I gather he is from a comic book, if that helps.

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 05:10 PM   #47
Mighty_Galvatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by brr-icy View Post
rotf leader prime, i despise that figure, even moreso after playing with it, frustrating, annoying transformation, looks cheap, talks too much, buster only gets rid of the cheap look.
Really? Wow. You should at least take the batteries out though, because we all know who he is lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis Predaking View Post
Universe Galvaltron. everyone hates him.
Despite his flaws I still like him.
Me too. And he does have some great poses too.

Quote:
Galvatron was Megatron's rival.
I love this idea.
Mighty_Galvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 05:24 PM   #48
Uberman
Energon

Henkei, like, anything [Except Megatron].

People seem to hold Takara versions up as the be-all and end-all, but to be honest, most of the time I really do prefer the Hasbro versions. I also hate chrome because I hate damage but love to actually fiddle with the toys, and chrome is a heartless damage magnet.
Old 08-23-2010, 05:35 PM   #49
Nemesis Predaking
Wears Sunglasses at Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uberman View Post
Henkei, like, anything [Except Megatron].

People seem to hold Takara versions up as the be-all and end-all, but to be honest, most of the time I really do prefer the Hasbro versions. I also hate chrome because I hate damage but love to actually fiddle with the toys, and chrome is a heartless damage magnet.
I got to agree with this as well.

You know you're an old nerd when you feel the effects of inflation on action figures.
Youtube Twitter
Nemesis Predaking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 05:56 PM   #50
lars573
Energon

I'll echo liking universe Galvatron. And disliking the Henkei toys that use the exact same deco as the Hasbro version just changing the hues by 25%.

Tags
dislike, drift, generations, opinion, transformers