Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > International Transformers News

Old 04-23-2010, 11:50 AM   #11
pulsedragon20
I win
Re: TakaraTomy Launches New Transformers 2010 Website - MP-4S Convoy Complete Sleep M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lysist View Post
Oh, not again! I have 4 of this mold already, red, pink(20th DVD), white, and black....so Takara expects me to drop 300 bucks on a black repaint (which I have) with trailer (which I have) just because I love the mold. Sorry, no dice. They could not be bothered to make Black Convoy a Con but they are going to put two black convoys out within a year? WTF!!

Sure it is "historic" but where is the value? It is not like they have an MP Arcee, or a Magnus with armour. I guess you could have KP or Alt Rodimus with him but why? It is not a proper recreation of that scean anyway! What is the point?

If they wanted to to an overpriced MP mold they could have done Magnus Armour, Clear Prime, (though Dicast would be hard) or Battle Damaged Megatron (with Cosmic Rust Proof Feet) HECK, How about something new!!!!

This is just designed to suck money out of the wallets of completeists. I passed on the bling Grimlock because it was an over-priced repaint. I think I will pass on this because...IT IS AN OVER PRICED REPAINT!! the original MP-04 sold for 18,900 Yen, This one will sell for 21,000 yen. That could be inflation but considering that MP-04 was just re-released (for a third time) I don't think this is the case.

all of the above is IMO Please don't hate me
Don't think the paint job is actually black (the he would be Nemesis Prime)...it's more of a dark gray so he's dead/"missing the Matrix" Prime instead
pulsedragon20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 11:57 AM   #12
FreedomGundam
Freedom, ikimasu!
Re: TakaraTomy Launches New Transformers 2010 Website - MP-4S Convoy Complete Sleep M

So a dead Prime still needs a trailer, blaster, Energon axe and weirdly-colored Megatron gun?

Knowing me, I'll probably have to grab this at one point in time or other. [points to link in signature]

TFs and other toys for sale! (last updated: Post-TFCon2018):
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=72568

Custom Double-Detolfs:
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=47820

Looking for:
- Cybertron Hot Shot
- Cybertron Defense Hot Shot
- G1 Repugnus
- G1 Scowl (with Monstructor foot)
- G1 Icepick small gun
- G1 Fire Guts God Ginrai
FreedomGundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 12:03 PM   #13
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

There there Newt...there there

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 12:15 PM   #14
Mumps
Canadian Slag

So, this release comes with the trailer eh? Thats kinda useless, this prime is dead, he ain't gonna use the trailer!

Anybody wanna buy a trailer when I get this? haha
Mumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 12:57 PM   #15
Sureshot22
look behind you. tee hee
Sureshot22's Ebay Auctions

i like it cause i love the mold and the colour is pretty cool. but im guessing 21000 yen is like what? $200-$300? i dont like it that much i dont think.

PSN ID: SURESHOT22

FEEDBACK THREAD http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=9366
Sureshot22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 01:05 PM   #16
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

More or less just drop the last 2 zero's :P

Should be about $210 US

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 01:05 PM   #17
nuropa
Robot in Disguise

according to the site, it's limited production run of 2010 only. you know you want it because it's rare
nuropa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 01:20 PM   #18
Richter
Nexus Maximus

I want it
I've been a MP completist so far, might as well keep going

Current Wants:
  • Horsey Prime
Richter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 01:28 PM   #19
Lysist
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuropa View Post
according to the site, it's limited production run of 2010 only. you know you want it because it's rare
wowzer, a 2006 re-mold is limited to 2010....HA HA HA. I hope that someone else finds this ironic.

I did a little trend research in to the MP line and found that takara have averaged two per year (except 05/08 which had 0 new molds/repaints but re-releases) This does not include the US releases but those are never part of the same line so they tend to be tricky to track.

well we are 4 months in to 2010 and we have already had 3! AND THERE ARE THREE MORE SPACES ON THAT 2010 PAGE
*my wallet is really scared. I have a feeling that this could be a really expensive year for TF collectors but we knew it would be.

TAKARA/Tomy, Transform and cash in!

Bring on the MP Rodimus Convoy goodness and I will leave WTF mode and go back to Fan-boy Squeee mode.

Lysist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 04:29 PM   #20
Malwave
Resident Gryphon
Malwave's Ebay Auctions
Send a message via MSN to Malwave Send a message via Skype™ to Malwave

I really hope this isn't the MP figure for this part of the year.

XD I really do.
Malwave is offline   Reply With Quote