Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-04-2018, 06:34 PM   #71
ngnaw
Armada
Re: POTP impressions

Which deluxe is the wave 1 winner? Dreadwind, Jazz, Swoop or Slug?

I have an extra Swoop and only 1 Jazz but I need to return one of them, who would you keep?
Old 01-04-2018, 06:41 PM   #72
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngnaw View Post

I have an extra Swoop and only 1 Jazz but I need to return one of them, who would you keep?
I would say Dreadwind but I only bought him so my opinion is biased. To be fair he hes a great colour scheme and his prime armour matches his wardrobe
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 07:03 PM   #73
Pascal
Banned

I don't have Jazz nor Dreadwing, but I think Dreadwind is probably the best. I got the dinos to combine with Grimlock, not because they were better.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 07:13 PM   #74
thatVWandTFguy
Generation 2

Figure I'll throw a couple of thoughts into mix. Bought all of wave 1 except Roddy, Shrapnel (already have him), Dreadwind and SS.

- Prime is better than I thought he would be but the size is no good for display with my generations display and there're too many hollow spots. He'll be modded slightly and repainted to take on a different role
- Grimlock looks pretty good in bot mode and alt, but I think he'll be staying in alt with his tail towards the back of the case. My shiny two-pack WFC Grimmy with G1 head will stay in bot mode
- Both deluxe dino's are good enough for me. Small, but I like the overall aesthetic. Will buy OS KO's when they come out.
- Legends are pretty awesome. WC needs paint. Really like Beachcomber and Slash as is
- Pretenders shells? Overpriced at full retail, but otherwise pretty cool
Old 01-04-2018, 08:05 PM   #75
positivelyken
One Man Gestalt

I resisted getting the Dinobots at first, but I'm jumping onboard now mainly because of the combiner gimmick. Individually they're fine but they're much smaller than they ought to be. Ideally I'd like HasTak to do the whole group as properly scaled MPs (including an upscaled Grimlock) but as that's not coming in the forseeable future, I'm fine with the POTP releases for now.
positivelyken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 08:18 PM   #76
Aximili1
Generation 1

I just got Prime and I really like him. The Orion Pax looks great. The truck is decent enough for me. But I'm really happy with the way he looks as Optimus Prime. I had the original masterpiece of him, but don't anymore. While this doesn't take the place of the MP in terms of quality, I'm happy to have this as my representation of the character in my collection. I'm pretty easy to please, but I like both leaders more than I thought I would. I'm even more amped for the Primal when it finally comes out!
Aximili1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 02:25 PM   #77
Gaming Turtle
Robot in Disguise

Say what you will, I am actually enjoying Starscream more then I thought I would. The robot tricep/combiner thigh swivel is a bit loose and needs to be tightened but otherwise he holds poses pretty well compared to other combiners. He is also able to extend his arms forward without falling over unlike Grimlock. I still like Grimlock better though.

Deluxe wise Deadwind is the one I found to be the most solid out of the wave. I like Jazz but his combined mode is unstable as a leg (Combiner port leans forward causing it to collapse since the car roof pops out. THe dinobots are good but have some issues with lose joints (Swoop isn't solid as a leg and makes for a weak elbow).

The primes are cool but I wouldn't pay full price for them.

I am liking Rodimus Prime better then I thought I would as well.

My favorite out of the wave though is Slash. I display her using Rust Dust as a bike since the handle bars are almost a perfect fit into her raptor hands.

*Just a thought, did anyone else notice that the dinobots seem to be shorter in combined mode then the cars/jets?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180105_140210.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	38555   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180105_140556.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	38556   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180105_140217.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	38557   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180105_140233.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	38558  

Last edited by Gaming Turtle; 01-05-2018 at 02:34 PM.
Gaming Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 03:31 PM   #78
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngnaw View Post

I feel Swoop is the winner. However , I would at least keep 1 od each of these wave 1 figures since they all have something to offer. So if you have to bring one back, bring back the one you have extra.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 06:04 PM   #79
ngnaw
Armada

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
I feel Swoop is the winner. However , I would at least keep 1 od each of these wave 1 figures since they all have something to offer. So if you have to bring one back, bring back the one you have extra.
Ya decided to keep Jazz. I'll put some Future floor polish on Swoop's joints but overall I do like Swoop the best so far. I'll find out about Dreadwind tonight!
Old 01-06-2018, 09:22 PM   #80
Pascal
Banned

Base mode for POTP Optimus... You even have pegs for Prime/Titan Masters on both sides.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote