Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-30-2015, 11:24 PM   #1
joshimus
Metroplex
Question about Warbotron WB01-F - X-Ray & Gun Set

So, I've seen this before and the pics are always the same, nothing showing that this Shockwave turns into anything, but looks like it could transform.
I can't find any video reviews or any information other than stock photos.
Anyone know anything about this kit? I don't care about the weapons but I kinda dig that Shockwave. Plus a little paint and he'd look even better.
Anyone have alt mode photo's?
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 11:26 PM   #2
joshimus
Metroplex
Re: Question about Warbotron WB01-F - X-Ray & Gun Set

Figures. I do a google not-shockwave and find an alt mode pic, but couldn't find squat under the other information.
Mods, feel free to delete, unless anyone knows the quality of this figure.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 12:41 AM   #3
Masta_Skidz
Theoretician

it is a model kit that you have to put together http://chimungmung.com/product_info....jn47dq9iv6t403

see in the pics that tony has posted it is like the little figures that came with the AM Prime figure but much larger maybe large scout size
Masta_Skidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 02:00 AM   #4
ironclaugh
Armada

As you can see in the photos he does transform. He becomes a gun scaled to fit in the hand of the complete Warbotron Bruticus.

I have the set and I would honestly recommend waiting to purchase it. There are many pieces that slide onto pegs and they are so tight that you risk breaking the pegs to get them into place. The mushroom joints that connect the upper leg to the thigh are so tight that they cannot even be connected without breaking them. I got one in and it is fused in place, unable to rotate. The other peg snapped and is trapped inside the upper leg. You can clearly see that the peg has been designed too short and the mushroom joint is too tight.

Also, one of the pegs that the back of the foot slides onto had stress marks on it out of the box. I didn't even get the foot a quarter of the way down before it snapped. It's honestly hopeless, I was so careful and it couldn't be done.

I have spoken to a few other collectors online who are attempting to assemble him but cannot because of the same issues.

I am hoping to get replacement parts but I'm not holding my breath.

I would just recommend waiting for anyone interested in purchasing it. It is a very cool set and it was fun to build until all the issues started popping up (around step 15 or 16). Maybe they will resolve these issues and do a second release.

Last edited by ironclaugh; 05-01-2015 at 02:06 AM.
ironclaugh is offline   Reply With Quote