Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-24-2014, 08:55 AM   #71
Crobot91
Metroplex
Re: MP Wheeljack

Got mine yesterday; best MP car to date IMO...

Old 09-24-2014, 09:24 AM   #72
laffy
Crossover

I get mine today and man I can't wait. He is perfect in every way
laffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 09:34 AM   #73
max99d
Robot in Disguise

Ordered 3, can not wait.. They have landed in BC.
max99d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 10:36 AM   #74
Megatron75
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by max99d View Post
Ordered 3, can not wait.. They have landed in BC.
Wow, you ordered 3? One for robot mode, one for vehicle mode and one MISB?
Megatron75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 12:13 PM   #75
Oberon Prime
Beasty

I was charged ¥780 for the SAL option. Which after exchange was $8.15. The next option I think was about twice that and it only added a tracking number, but did not speed up the package.

The expedited EMS and FedEx options were obviously even more than that. I had read many times on these boards that if one chooses a non SAL option from HLJ that the risk of duty and/or brokerage fees goes up significantly so I went SAL. However it just didn't make sense to pay so much extra for a tracking number.

The truth is that I had told my wife that to go the route of a direct from Japan importer such as HLJ was going to be significantly cheaper than what I would pay from BBTS or likely with a Hasbro release if it happened (how right I was). And the figure cost less than $55. She had a big problem with the $100 spent on MP-17 from BBTS. Up to that point I had only bought larger MP figures such as Hasbros MP-10 and MP-13 releases. To spend as much or even more (as I got MP-13 on sale) for a figure so much smaller was a big problem for her.

So going forward I gotta keep the acquisition of remaining MP Cars as cheap as possible. Got very lucky with acquiring a real sealed MP-12 Lambor for $55 at TFCon 2014 as otherwise my only chance of owning that character would be if Hasbro released it. And now I know if they do I'd still pay more so its all good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MULTIPLEX View Post
Does SAL shipping from HLJ have no tracking? How much does the SAL option with tracking cost?

N-Y offers something called ECO Registered. I think it's SAL but comes with tracking number. That runs about $13 instead of $10 (no tracking).
My Want Thread
My Sales Thread

Oberon Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 01:20 PM   #76
carissa
Energon

Oberon, you're not alone in your waiting. I ordered mine from HLJ with SAL shipping too. The way I figure it, I waited through almost all of September thus far with the delay, I can wait a bit longer to get it in hand. Enjoy the wonderful pics people will be posting of him and distract yourself with another hobby while you wait.

I'm catching up on Doctor Who and Agents of SHIELD.
carissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 01:56 PM   #77
mastereh
Generation 2

Got mine from hlj yesterday
mastereh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 02:11 PM   #78
Ozrein
Stunticon

I think my WJs are still stuck in Customs limbo. Left Japan on Sept. 20 (their time, I can only assume) and still hasn't updated that it's in Canada (it was sent EMS). Man, the not knowing where it is is killing me. Did someone stash some drugs in my package or something? lol!

Last edited by Ozrein; 09-24-2014 at 02:14 PM.
Ozrein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 02:35 PM   #79
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozrein View Post
I think my WJs are still stuck in Customs limbo. Left Japan on Sept. 20 (their time, I can only assume) and still hasn't updated that it's in Canada (it was sent EMS). Man, the not knowing where it is is killing me. Did someone stash some drugs in my package or something? lol!
Yah. Plastic crack. And we are all addicts. Well except me of course...sniff sniff
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 02:38 PM   #80
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

I order a lot stuff from HLJ and always ship with SAL with no tracking. It's perfectly fine and most shipments arrive within 2 weeks with no duty or stupid Canada Post "handling fee".