Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 02-15-2020, 11:38 AM   #11
neevnav
Masterpiece
Re: Anyone know why we get really late TF releases in retail?

I've definitely found its a bit better of late. I remember when we used to get things 4-6 weeks after us retail, now it seems to be anywhere from 2 weeks to us getting it first
Old 02-15-2020, 12:51 PM   #12
Akroyer
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekkamanraiden View Post
A lot fewer retailers nowadays and the ones that are left seem to carry very limited stock.
Certainly where I am.. with Zellers gone all we have left is a Walmart. And once they lost competition I'd almost bet they stopped trying.

And I would also agree with the limited stock. Every Xmas and Birthday its hard to find things for my son. Theres just no selection of anything not just TF.

Almost means a 2 hour drive to my nearest TRU just to have a chance or do everything online.

Akroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 05:47 PM   #13
joshimus
Metroplex

I am hopeful to still find Frenzy and Ratbat...but that optimism is also foolish so...I mean I dont NEED them, but it would be annoying if they stopped sending stock to Canada already for them
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 06:02 PM   #14
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

The longest we've had to wait was for transformers prime robots in disguise wave 2, took about a year and a bit to get them at Canadian retail. We got first edition before anyone else in the world by more than a year though.
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 08:04 AM   #15
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshimus View Post
I am hopeful to still find Frenzy and Ratbat...but that optimism is also foolish so...I mean I dont NEED them, but it would be annoying if they stopped sending stock to Canada already for them
Well, Earthrise wave 1 stuffs are showing up so Siege line is done... so unless these 2 will be reissied later as part of Earthrise like Rung, Astrotrain, etc they are done for. Sorry. I only saw these once in any store out here in GTA and Rung is still yet to be found (I gave up).

Granted, these are from the last wave but distribution is terrible in recent years. My neighborhood Walmart never have the 35th Anniversary endcap, among many other things. I have never seen TR Ramhorn nor PotP Novastar in the wild.

But at least we got most of our exclusives up here last year which was a nice change!

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 09:42 AM   #16
imfallenangel
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshimus View Post
Considering that such a set does NOT exist, no wonder you can't find it.
imfallenangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 03:07 PM   #17
chaingunsofdoom
Wrecker

I post everything I see in Calgary, so make sure to go to the local AB sightings page.
chaingunsofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 08:21 PM   #18
protoform_ironhide
Commander

It's not really late... it's just that Hasbro has very bad distribution, and I think they have made less units on their figures as well comparing to the old days. I got my Astrotrain from preordering at Amazon full price. It's very hard to find tfs despite I have lots of Walmart and Toys r Us around me. I was being very patient with the whole siege line, it's a line for me due to their G1 accuracy, but it turns out at the end I can't get a hold of almost half of the figures in the line, and I have to resort to get everything else online just last night.... but man... the price is already inflated for a few figures... In the future...probably need to pre-order everything to secure the figures .....
protoform_ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 08:31 PM   #19
The 12th Prime
Lost count, long time ago
The 12th Prime's Ebay Auctions

Funny, I see things at Winners the odd time but Winner’s/Marshall’s seem under reported on the boards here. I almost wonder if Winners should have it’s own thread. I remember when places like Hart and Rexall even had Transformers back at the end of Cybertron/Movie one days. Any out of the way places like that anymore still packin’ TF’s? Sometimes that’s where we find the gold
The 12th Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 09:46 PM   #20
protoform_ironhide
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 12th Prime View Post
Funny, I see things at Winners the odd time but Winner’s/Marshall’s seem under reported on the boards here. I almost wonder if Winners should have it’s own thread. I remember when places like Hart and Rexall even had Transformers back at the end of Cybertron/Movie one days. Any out of the way places like that anymore still packin’ TF’s? Sometimes that’s where we find the gold
Superstore & London Drugs sometimes have tfs, but they are just like Winners, you rarely see anything good there.
protoform_ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote