Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-12-2018, 12:44 PM   #1
MilanX3
Nexus Maximus
Customer Service PROBLEMS at Toysrus.ca - Ignoring Lost Items - Advice??

Hi Gang,

Has anyone ever had immensely bad service from TRU.ca with continued problems before, and knows where to go to contact a company complaints department or upper management in Canada to speak with?

I wont go into details, but with my xmas orders it seems like no f*cks were given, and problems are being compounded on top of compounded....might have lost all the TFs I ordered, most of the PofP Wave, and my money possibly...and no one from TRU is responding to help in a time sensitive situation.

Now with online order, receipts were missing...and no response and silence from their Customer Service supervisors.

Formal complaints requested...silence from them for over a week.

Anyone else have major issues with their service before from their online team?

Any help is much appreciated!
MilanX3

one suggestion so far...
*I had a bad experience at "The Brick" so I filed a complaint with BBB - www.bbb.org

Worked out pretty good in the end. Don't know if TRU has an actual complaints department tho. Good luck.*
MilanX3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 01:10 PM   #2
Pascal
Banned
Re: Customer Service PROBLEMS at Toysrus.ca - Ignoring Lost Items - Advice??

You'll have to better explain your problem.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 01:50 PM   #3
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
I'm not even sure what I just read.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 01:52 PM   #4
MilanX3
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
The short version, as I am seeking direction mostly on who to contact, not so much to pull people into the issue directly...but if others think the details might help I'd be happy to discuss it with them.

So they got my address wrong, did nothing to fix it, sent it via the wrong method...the courier was going to dump my products as TRU changed my address to the wrong one again so I couldnt even pick up, despite having to take time off work to fix the issue they created after almost two weeks of the same problem. They ignored all the issues for a week while my items were at the point of being trashed, still ignored it, and when the courier opened parcels to find the right address, they didnt put receipt or invoice in so no way to prove id or even return the items....still ignored any help after more than a week on time sensitive issues...all after requests were made for help from svp, management and formal complaints process request. Still never heard from them since the 4th of Jan.

So no resolution as no communication on a time sensitive issue on error wholly created by them...one that goes against their published policy on shipping. Small attempts at resolution made more complex by them f'ing up address again and again, and no receipt for order so could not prove real address.

I'm surprised how bad their service has been. I really dislike and avoid the act of whinging, and actually work in solving more complicated problems...but thought some community help and information on this issue for future members might be worth publishing.

Not too impressed by a company trying to avoid further issues with bankruptcy...unfortunately in Canada there are not that many options to buy those products.

I also wish to note, the initial staff member was very helpful in moving the process forward, but no responses were given to her escalating the matter. Also store staff in the GTA are usually really great, nice people indeed. Always be courteous and never directly insult anyone...but TRU.ca is really rubbish.

Thanks for your concern...
MilanX3
Old 01-12-2018, 02:02 PM   #5
Pascal
Banned

Wrong shipping method? And how come they had the wrong address if you had the chance to review it like twice before submitting your order? I'm not sure I understand.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 02:06 PM   #6
MilanX3
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Wrong shipping method? And how come they had the wrong address if you had the chance to review it like twice before submitting your order? I'm not sure I understand.
I have a POBOX due to where I live...their published policy is to send items that have POBOX or RR# via Canada Post only. Couriers will not drop off items at a POBOX or CanadaPost as they cant collect fees that way. After discussing it with them after they send the first parcel to Purolator, they still sent the next two using the wrong method, did nothing to fix it, just messed up the address even further. Trust me, I made it exceptionally clear what the right address was perhaps 12 times.

Last edited by MilanX3; 01-12-2018 at 02:12 PM.
Old 01-12-2018, 02:07 PM   #7
theoneyouknowleast
Classic

I guess my question is, what do you want the final outcome to be?

If its just your money back, im sure you can call your Credit Card company and request a chargeback, very easy to request.

Otherwise I think the BBB, or escalating at TRU HQ are your only other options I would think.

My Sales Thread
My Wanted Thread
My Feedback Thread

Looking For: Nothing Right Now

Last edited by theoneyouknowleast; 01-12-2018 at 02:09 PM.
theoneyouknowleast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 02:10 PM   #8
MilanX3
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoneyouknowleast View Post
I guess my question is, what do you want the final outcome to be?

If its just your money back, im sure you can call you CC.

Other BBB, or escalating at TRU HQ are your only other options I think.
Sale items, only place to get them now is TRU, plus other non TF stuff I got at a good price and need for family. Well aware of the Visa Resolutions centre being able to help, but would have to go through a full investigation if TRU didnt get their product back either and put tracking to my correct addy but wasnt delivered. Complicated info on tracking would make a Visa claim quite complex, but ultimately likely successful. BBB looks like a a fine option, only option, TRU HQ not responding hence the problems.

Last edited by MilanX3; 01-12-2018 at 02:12 PM.
Old 01-12-2018, 10:10 PM   #9
Hoffman
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanX3 View Post
Sale items, only place to get them now is TRU, plus other non TF stuff I got at a good price and need for family. Well aware of the Visa Resolutions centre being able to help, but would have to go through a full investigation if TRU didnt get their product back either and put tracking to my correct addy but wasnt delivered. Complicated info on tracking would make a Visa claim quite complex, but ultimately likely successful. BBB looks like a a fine option, only option, TRU HQ not responding hence the problems.
Usually with a chargeback, it is the burden of the company to provide proof.

I had a customer place two separate orders a few weeks apart, yet for some reason they filed a chargeback as a 'fraudulent charge' on the second order. It seemed pretty clear to me that they were just scamming for a refund on those goods. I provided all the info to the CC company and still lost.

If you have a legitimate issue I can't see how you wouldn't win in a chargeback dispute.
Hoffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 10:15 PM   #10
Hoffman
Generation 1

I also don't quite understand this part:

"while my items were at the point of being trashed, still ignored it, and when the courier opened parcels to find the right address, they didnt put receipt or invoice in so no way to prove id or even return the items..."

Why would the items be trashed? Why would the courier open the package? How do you know there was no invoice if you never got the stuff?

I'm sure you have a legitimate issue, but you need to provide a much clearer timeline of events. If this is the way you're expressing your concerns, the people at TRU are probably just as confused as the people here.
Hoffman is offline   Reply With Quote