Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 06-28-2012, 11:53 AM   #11
Benzo
Plastic Crack Addict
Re: Everyday annoyances

lots of little things annoys me but one of my biggest annoyance are people who leave their shopping carts in the middle of an aisle blocking everyones way! I pushed one cart half way down an aisle and the woman was freaking out trying to find it!! lol
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:09 PM   #12
pud333
Animated

I don't understand how anybody can drink Timmy Ho's coffee willingly. That stuff is rancid. Only way I'd drink that is if you water boarded me with it.

pud333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:15 PM   #13
Benzo
Plastic Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
I don't understand how anybody can drink Timmy Ho's coffee willingly. That stuff is rancid. Only way I'd drink that is if you water boarded me with it.
Blasphemy!! every Canadian must like Tim Horton's coffee!!! :P
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:18 PM   #14
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
I will never understand that coffee addiction everyone seems to have!
TJ is right about the addiction thing. A few years ago, my wife's doctor had her quit caffeine. Needless to say, anyone who believe it is not addicting is full of poop.

I got to witness all the stages of withdrawls... while sipping on my Tim's.

As for everyday annoyances:
- People who merge at a yield sign and yield at a merge sign.
- People who speed through school/playground zones and drive extra slow everywhere else.

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:23 PM   #15
pud333
Animated

In my defense, I only really drink coffee maybe once or twice a month.

My - ahem - many everyday annoyances:

1) The little asian women on the skytrain or bus that INSIST on pushing their way through a packed car when their stop is still minutes away. Today I had this 4 foot nothing lady shoving me from behind so I turned to her and just said, "Wait." She looked at me with absolute fear, as if I was going to punch her in the face or something. So I proceeded to block her until the train came to a stop. Yes, I do a lot of things out of spite.

2) During rush hour, when a mother insists on letting their toddler walk down the steps themselves when there is a giant pack of people needing to get to work and make their transit connections. Yeah, it's nice that the kid is learning to walk, but really, not the time or place. Pick them up.

3) At the grocery store when the person in front of me argues that the price is wrong by 50 cents and insists on a price check. Here dude, I'll give you a dollar to get the **** going.

4) The guys who dumpster dive whenever we put our garbage out. I have no problem with people doing that; just please clean up after yourself. Don't leave the garbage lying on the ground.

5) People who don't pay attention to the 30 km/h sign in front of my home. There are lots of children in the area, and that sign is there for a reason, but people do 60-70 down it without thinking. Yesterday somebody finally got hit crossing the street. Again, just for spite, I make sure to drive 25 down the street cause I know it pisses everyone off behind me. But seriously, slow down.

That's a lot of complaining I just did. Clearly I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. I'm sure I'll have more complaints later today. haha.

Old 06-28-2012, 02:29 PM   #16
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind

Quote:

My - ahem - many everyday annoyances:

1) The little asian women on the skytrain or bus that INSIST on pushing their way through a packed car when their stop is still minutes away. Today I had this 4 foot nothing lady shoving me from behind so I turned to her and just said, "Wait." She looked at me with absolute fear, as if I was going to punch her in the face or something. So I proceeded to block her until the train came to a stop. Yes, I do a lot of things out of spite.

2) During rush hour, when a mother insists on letting their toddler walk down the steps themselves when there is a giant pack of people needing to get to work and make their transit connections. Yeah, it's nice that the kid is learning to walk, but really, not the time or place. Pick them up.

3) At the grocery store when the person in front of me argues that the price is wrong by 50 cents and insists on a price check. Here dude, I'll give you a dollar to get the **** going.

4) The guys who dumpster dive whenever we put our garbage out. I have no problem with people doing that; just please clean up after yourself. Don't leave the garbage lying on the ground.

5) People who don't pay attention to the 30 km/h sign in front of my home. There are lots of children in the area, and that sign is there for a reason, but people do 60-70 down it without thinking. Yesterday somebody finally got hit crossing the street. Again, just for spite, I make sure to drive 25 down the street cause I know it pisses everyone off behind me. But seriously, slow down.

That's a lot of complaining I just did. Clearly I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. I'm sure I'll have more complaints later today. haha.

Wow, you could use a coffee
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 03:21 PM   #17
jackalprime
Y U NO MAKE NEW BEASTWARS
jackalprime's Ebay Auctions

[QUOTE=pud333;438103]In my defense, I only really drink coffee maybe once or twice a month.

I do this. When i know that the price is wrong i absolutely want a price check. I want my free (X) I've gotten tons of free food this way. And im not just talking about chips and junk like that. Ive gotten cereal, chicken, soups, and even lobster ($10 off!) frozen jumbo shrimp, frozen vegetables, tea (got 214 count tea box for free because they did not change the sale price to match the scanned price) and yes I once scored a free tub of coffee. thats almost a years worth of tea for free. (this box usually goes for about 11 bucks))

"for everything there ever was"

Last edited by jackalprime; 06-28-2012 at 03:23 PM.
jackalprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 03:38 PM   #18
pud333
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Jetfire View Post
Wow, you could use a coffee
I could, actually! I'm gonna grab one on my lunch break. Just had to deal with some manic dude today.

[QUOTE=jackalprime;438136]
Quote:

I do this. When i know that the price is wrong i absolutely want a price check. I want my free (X) I've gotten tons of free food this way. And im not just talking about chips and junk like that. Ive gotten cereal, chicken, soups, and even lobster ($10 off!) frozen jumbo shrimp, frozen vegetables, tea (got 214 count tea box for free because they did not change the sale price to match the scanned price) and yes I once scored a free tub of coffee. thats almost a years worth of tea for free. (this box usually goes for about 11 bucks))
Ah, so we finally meet, my nemesis! So it begins...

Old 06-28-2012, 04:04 PM   #19
Mumps
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by jourdo View Post
TJ is right about the addiction thing. A few years ago, my wife's doctor had her quit caffeine. Needless to say, anyone who believe it is not addicting is full of poop.
Caffeine addiction is a real thing. I have boxes of recycle at work because my work only recycles cans/bottles and I'm a freakin hippie. Well, about 60% of that recycle that I've accumulated are boxes of energy drinks O_O
I have 4 11x17x9in boxes full of recycle BTW, and each box of Energy drink contains 4 cans (note, this is accumulated over almost 3yrs)
*sips a diet Red Rain*
Quote:
Originally Posted by jourdo View Post
As for everyday annoyances:
- People who merge at a yield sign and yield at a merge sign.
- People who speed through school/playground zones and drive extra slow everywhere else.
- People who, on the street that turns into ours, see the Yeild sign (THAT SHOULD BE A FUCKING STOP SIGN!), close their eyes, and hit the gas. Nobody is safe!

Quote:
STORY TIME!
One time I was at the train door, waiting to get off. I open the door at the stop, lady behind me PUSHES me off the train so she could get off as well. Well, not completely off, I grabbed the poles, turned around and said "Congratulations, you just missed your stop" and held my ground, blocking her from getting off the train. She ran to the other door, the doors had been turned off by then. It was my stop too, but I also do a lot of things out of spite.

BTW, when I say pushes, I mean, both her palms on my back, not the Calgary Transit standard "get the fuck out of my way" shoulder check.

Last edited by Mumps; 06-28-2012 at 04:12 PM.
Mumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 05:34 PM   #20
Commandoclone87
Seeker

I can definitely understand the coffee addiction, I drink tea or hot chocolate when I need something hot to drink,

As fo annoyances, the thing that really bugs me is drivers that can't follow any rules of the road. Trying to cross the street to get to class is like playing a game of Frogger. One wrong move and SPLAT!!!

Seriously, you're on a road with a 50km/hour speed limit, at a red light and people are crossing the street. What do they do? They speed through the red light at 80kph and heaven forbid anyone on the crosswalk isn't paying attention.

Other than that, my other annoyance is when I catch people stealing. Maybe it's because I used to work retail or because too many things have been stolen from me, but I can no longer tolerate theives, liars and bullies.
Commandoclone87 is offline   Reply With Quote