Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 11-30-2011, 06:12 AM   #1
Nomad
Airachnid's ratservant
Send a message via AIM to Nomad Send a message via MSN to Nomad
Question Reluctant to Return something?

So as the title says, have we ever felt reluctant to return something in the past, and what were the reasons?

For example, I remember being a kid & not wanting to return this snow driller Batmobile thing because I was afraid of not being able to exchange it for another, so I dealt with not having the hood cannon part, and the same goes for my Black & Gold Megazord not having the sword.

Then more recently, I decided against taking back my Deluxe Crankcase because even though there was a crack on his knee, I knew that I lucked out in all other quality aspects. Along with that, it seemed like a real shame to condemn him to a life of possible destruction because of something as minute as that, especially since the broken park was still being held together by the outer plastic.

... so yeah, stories & thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConvoyGTR View Post
"they're all gone, vultures everywhere"
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 06:58 AM   #2
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one
Re: Reluctant to Return something?

If you find another one at some point...buy it and return the other one with the reciept.
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 07:29 AM   #3
Nomad
Airachnid's ratservant

Guess that's always an option, and if I packed it really well & didn't mention it being broken (I doubt they'd transform it at customer service to make sure), there's a good chance that he'd just get put back into the shelf with a bunch of tape on the bubble instead of being fed to the Sharkticons.

I could also just swap the leg if the new figure had shitty paint or badly bent fingers/hair, but there's still a chance that somebody else would buy that figure, exchange it, and then put Crankcase into the very situation that I tried to avoid.

... maybe I care just a little too much about my TFs haha.

Quote:
Old 11-30-2011, 08:05 AM   #4
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

No...just tell them its busted ...defective. you don't even have to repackaged it well. They'll fill out a defective product slip. You boughtba defective toy and should be able to return/exchange it. Nothing wrong with that.
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 08:30 AM   #5
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus

I know what you mean. The one time I do remember trying to return a toy for being defective I went through four others and found they all had the same manufacturing issue - so it wasn't just a one-off (not a TF story).

In terms of TFs the worst so far was my generations blurr with an unpainted knee. Unfortunately they were scarce over here, so I kept him. I eventually found another but kept the other one, I figure I'll customize him someday.

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 08:32 AM   #6
Pascal
Banned

There were problems with Crankcase?
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 08:52 AM   #7
Nomad
Airachnid's ratservant

Nothing major, but there's a small crack on the inside of his upper knee. It's still tight because there's a larger piece that covers it (the part that broke is attached to the thai), so I thought about taking it back but decided against.

I just didn't wanna see him possibly get thrown away because of it, especially since it doesn't move for transformation & since it'll mainly be sitting on my shelf. If it was something more noticeable or that was an immediate structural issue I'd have gone back that day (London Drugs in my area has like 4 of em), but for this it was like well... not worth the possibly sacrifice haha.

Quote:

Last edited by Nomad; 11-30-2011 at 08:54 AM.
Old 11-30-2011, 10:11 AM   #8
juxtapose519
Robot Master

I hate returning things, no matter what it is. Even when I have a perfectly good reason to return something because it was damaged before I opened the package, I still feel like the person behind the counter is assuming I'm somehow cheating the system.

Just the other day I took a sandwich maker back to Sears and when I told the woman behind the counter that it didn't work, she gave me the stink eye and asked me why the box was opened. I didn't think I had to explain that I didn't know the product wasn't working until I took it out and plugged it in.

Trade | Cybertron Feedback | TFW Feedback | Collection
juxtapose519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 10:16 AM   #9
Nomad
Airachnid's ratservant

... but in the world of retail, it's never safe to assume anything.

Quote:
Old 11-30-2011, 10:38 AM   #10
gagagalvatron
Half psychotic

Reluctant? Yes. But if it's a breakage issue (or even a possible future breakage issue), the toy's going back.

I can overlook minor paint gaffes, but a physical issue will get returned every time. Last two were a Cyclonus whose shoulder piece was malformed and Tracks, whose wing clip on the back was broken in package.

I tried to fix Cyclonus, but it wasn't an assembly error -- there was just something not right about the part. Tracks is one of my favorite characters, and I didn't want his wing disintegrating 5 years from now and be unable to find a replacement.

Last one I really was reluctant to return was MP Rodimus. The problem was the windshield, which had an impact spiderweb. The chest wasn't locked down and I think it bounced around during shipment until it cracked the windshield underneath.

I debated with that one. The rest of it was fine -- no leg panel failures or zombie arms. The legs and ankles seemed fine. Did I really want to return it for something minor and mostly cosmetic?

The answer was yes. It's an MP figure, and while it's primarily going to be in robot mode, the instant it went to car the defect was the most eye-catching thing. I feel sorry for the waste and the bother but I didn't cause the issue and shouldn't be disappointed every time I look at the figure.

The one time I didn't return something was Hatchet. Mine came with only one missile. Of course Wal-Mart only had one Hatchet, and in this case, while it's incomplete, I neither wanted the bother of going to the store and returning it, then having to find another one, nor the waste of trashing an entire figure for a dinky little missile. There was nothing wrong with Hatchet itself. In the grand scheme of things, no biggie.
gagagalvatron is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
batman, kid, reluctant, returns, transformer