Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 06-20-2013, 06:39 PM   #91
renegade_decepticon
Transformers/Anime Fanboy
Send a message via Skype™ to renegade_decepticon
Re: X-BOX ONE

Here's quick meme I made yesterday LOL!

PSN Online ID: Black_Fire_F50
FFXIV Online: Diabolos Server (Maiyo Katsuko)
My Feedback: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...ade_decepticon
My YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/darkrenagadef50
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/BlackFlameF50
My Venom podcast: https://wearevenomaniacs.podbean.com/ & on YouTube (We Are Venomaniacs! Podcast)

My Top 3 Most Wanted Figures:
renegade_decepticon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 09:02 PM   #92
SpikeNard
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
Glad they caved, although by the time the next console is released in 5-7 years "discs" will be the past and digital everything will be tye norm.

Microsoft just thought that the time was now, however they were one generation too early.
Discs aren't digital? What was the point of inventing Blu-ray, if you think technology is going to get rid of all discs? It's the medium in which the game is stored. You can't really trust a hard drive as much as a disc. I don't know why Microsoft really embedded this misconception into people's brains.

Digital is the norm, and discs are digital.

They did say this:

"Downloaded titles cannot be shared or resold."

Which would mean, if your hard drive dies out on your xbox 360. It means you have to rebuy the game. Otherwise you are just trusting Microsoft's integrity, that they will always honor that download. And let you redownload it for free on another xbox 360 hard drive. Otherwise, it's like sharing it for free.

It's a great thing to have your game backed up buy a physical pressed disc, so it ensures that you own the game and can install it and play it anytime you want.

Consumers won't let disc-less systems happen. Not to mention, bull crap restrictions. Microsoft's updated policies is proof of that. I know gaming has went down hill from the 90's. But people don't want it to go to complete crap, just yet.

Plus, Microsoft still wanted to pose restrictions, control what you did with your games, online authentication 24 hour checks or games will be rendered useless, and people still wanted to buy it. Shows that Microsoft still has these ill will intentions to be able to make sure publishers get rich as they can, with games that have no effort put in them. And have gamers being stuck with games, and losing money. Thus, making them put no effort into making real good games.

Last edited by SpikeNard; 06-20-2013 at 09:41 PM.
SpikeNard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 09:56 PM   #93
razin
Canadian Slag
Send a message via MSN to razin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikeNard View Post

"Downloaded titles cannot be shared or resold."

Which would mean, if your hard drive dies out on your xbox 360. It means you have to rebuy the game. Otherwise you are just trusting Microsoft's integrity, that they will always honor that download. And let you redownload it for free on another xbox 360 hard drive. Otherwise, it's like sharing it for free.
Digital downloads are tied to your Xbox Live account. Should your HDD die, or Xbox die, you can redownload the previously purchased titles at no extra cost on your new HDD/Xbox, as long as you are logged into your Live account.
razin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 12:24 AM   #94
SpikeNard
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by razin View Post
Digital downloads are tied to your Xbox Live account. Should your HDD die, or Xbox die, you can redownload the previously purchased titles at no extra cost on your new HDD/Xbox, as long as you are logged into your Live account.
Isn't that what I just got done saying?
I knew someone would try to correct me on this. I'm aware of that actually. Hence, I said you are trusting Microsoft's integrity that they allow you to redownload it for free. You don't own the physical copy, it's tied to their servers, and your online account. Plus your console.

You have to pay for your xbox live account, and anything can go wrong. Your account can get suspended, or you didn't pay enough money. They can suspend your accounts for terms of use. They can change their terms of use on you.

Or they restrict the downloadable content if you don't sign in. You can lose your console or hard drive fails, you can lose your console license. Then you have to be logged in all the time to play the game. You can lose your game and pay all over for it again. If you lose your online account. It's tied to hardware and their online services. If you want to trust an online account for owning games, that's up to you. But so happens you lose both, or don't have access to servers. That downloadable content can be become useless

Versus having a physical disc, you have that physical disc. You can take it in play it on your console, and install it as many times as you want. Get a new console, you don't have to be online to play your game. You don't have to pay for online. Do you not see the advantage of owning an actual physical disc copy of the game?

I don't see people getting rid of discs 7 years later for a console. If they did, they wouldn't be inventing new technology for them. They are digital. It's a medium storage. How is that not digital?

Last edited by SpikeNard; 06-21-2013 at 12:44 AM.
Old 06-21-2013, 06:03 AM   #95
Beechy
The Veteran.

Worked fine for me when my original 360 died, and I bought the new slim, I redownloaded my already purchased items and/or games.

Not to sound like a dick, but I don't get what you're trying to say..
Beechy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 07:26 AM   #96
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechy View Post
He's trying to say fear the Xbone and get a PS4 instead. I personally will be getting both eventually.
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 04:39 PM   #97
megaman
Generation 1

Quote:
You have to pay for your xbox live account, and anything can go wrong. Your account can get suspended, or you didn't pay enough money. They can suspend your accounts for terms of use. They can change their terms of use on you.
You don't have to pay for an Xbox Live account, at all.
The only thing you need a Gold subscription for is playing online multiplayer, and social media.

I've never heard of anyone not "pay enough money", MS requires full payment for Live and content. No partial payments at all. Even if something happened to your credit card the worst that could happen is you go back to a free account.

And of course anything can go wrong, that's life.
megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 07:58 PM   #98
SpikeNard
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechy View Post
Worked fine for me when my original 360 died, and I bought the new slim, I redownloaded my already purchased items and/or games.

I'm trying to say that DLC is tied down to your live account and xbox 360. I quote me saying this:

"Otherwise you are just trusting Microsoft's integrity, that they will always honor that download. And let you redownload it for free on another xbox 360 hard drive."

I never said you couldn't.

Which is exactly what they let you do. But you still need the account and need to login to their servers. Which looks from the research I did, it can get suspended. And if you don't believe me. I have researched lots of links of people complaining about losing all their downloadable purchases. You are trusting their integrity. Otherwise if you lost your xbox 360, and it broke. And their servers weren't up anymore. You would have lost everything. And you could still lose everything, if your xbox 360 got destroyed and your account got suspended.

The darn stink of it is, with most dlc content , it should be free(not full games of course). If I were using a PC back then, all these add ons would be free . And therefore they aren't restricted. Some how with consoles, all of this stuff becomes heavily restricted. And it cost money. Which makes some publishers very greedy.

Consoles are becoming very high priced and very in tuned in making money from people, yet be so restrictive. Releasing a full game on release on disc, then having dlc content that you can add on the game, later on. Charging you for it that add on. Stuff that should have been with the game in the first place. I mean let's face it, if it were free. You can store it away on any medium you want, and never have to worry about losing it. Except for full games of course, I understand that. But I don't understand why anyone would to want download DLC, rather than purchase the physical product.

I know it's up to people to decide if they want to get DLC content. They don't have to buy it. I'm just stating, it's not as safe as having a physical pressed disc. I don't know why on earth people think these physical discs are going to be gone in 6 or 7 years. With what medium are they going to be replaced then? It just doesn't make sense.

They can take away stuff that you actually payed money for that you downloaded. It's not really safe. It is tied to your xbox 360 or your account. One way or another. They could shut down servers and not support it. Then you wouldn't get your content back

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraCommander View Post
He's trying to say fear the Xbone and get a PS4 instead. I personally will be getting both eventually.

I'm not really saying that. I just look at individual consoles, and see their individual problems. I haven't even looked too much into the PS4. I have of course looked into nintendo, very much. And I didn't like the direction they were going in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by megaman View Post
You don't have to pay for an Xbox Live account, at all.
The only thing you need a Gold subscription for is playing online multiplayer, and social media.

I've never heard of anyone not "pay enough money", MS requires full payment for Live and content. No partial payments at all. Even if something happened to your credit card the worst that could happen is you go back to a free account.

And of course anything can go wrong, that's life.
I stand corrected, but of course they can still ban that free account, which is needed to redownloaded your purchased games in case your xbox 360 dies. You still need to login to their servers and get it. So of course you could lose all your downloadable content. If A. your xbox 360 dies. B. your account is also banned. Or A. your xbox 360 account dies. B. their servers don't work anymore or they don't let you do it. Hence you are trusting their integrity, you could lose all your content, of your purchased games that you actually payed for. Versus having a physical disc, which can be installed as much as you want. It's like you don't actually own the product when you downloaded it. If anything can go wrong quite easily, it's downloadable content. Xbox 360's have been known to break so easily. And Microsoft reserves the right to suspend your account.

I don't know why you keep saying "MS requires full payment for Live and content" When I read all this information on their website. And they say the exact opposite. All these dreaded payment plans and options (low funds in credit cards, etc), just to play online or socialize with people. When you already pay for your ISP. Which you can do with a computer free of charge. As long as you pay for your ISP of course.

And I seriously don't know why I have to repeat myself a million times on the importance of having a disc rather than just purchasing data off a console.

And I don't know why people don't think having a disc isn't digital. And that 7 years from now, we won't be having discs, even though, they are making new technologies for discs in the future. It is digital, we are all digital right now with these consoles.

And by the way, before anybody tries to tell me that you can still use your xbox live account even though it's suspended, just not the gold features. No, they can literally disable, suspended it (permanently), suspend your xbox 360 even. You can't literally login. And I have lots of articles where people are telling me they have to repurchase their games they already bought.

They can forfeit all your purchases. I don't know how legally they can get away with that, but, I think it's safe to assume that it's way more safer to buy a disc.

Last edited by SpikeNard; 06-21-2013 at 08:03 PM.
Old 06-21-2013, 10:44 PM   #99
Beechy
The Veteran.

It gets saved to my hdd....
Beechy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 11:14 PM   #100
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
I'm trying to say that DLC is tied down to your live account and xbox 360. I quote me saying this:

"Otherwise you are just trusting Microsoft's integrity, that they will always honor that download. And let you redownload it for free on another xbox 360 hard drive."

I never said you couldn't.

Which is exactly what they let you do. But you still need the account and need to login to their servers. Which looks from the research I did, it can get suspended. And if you don't believe me. I have researched lots of links of people complaining about losing all their downloadable purchases. You are trusting their integrity. Otherwise if you lost your xbox 360, and it broke. And their servers weren't up anymore. You would have lost everything. And you could still lose everything, if your xbox 360 got destroyed and your account got suspended.

The darn stink of it is, with most dlc content , it should be free(not full games of course). If I were using a PC back then, all these add ons would be free . And therefore they aren't restricted. Some how with consoles, all of this stuff becomes heavily restricted. And it cost money. Which makes some publishers very greedy.

Consoles are becoming very high priced and very in tuned in making money from people, yet be so restrictive. Releasing a full game on release on disc, then having dlc content that you can add on the game, later on. Charging you for it that add on. Stuff that should have been with the game in the first place. I mean let's face it, if it were free. You can store it away on any medium you want, and never have to worry about losing it. Except for full games of course, I understand that. But I don't understand why anyone would to want download DLC, rather than purchase the physical product.

I know it's up to people to decide if they want to get DLC content. They don't have to buy it. I'm just stating, it's not as safe as having a physical pressed disc. I don't know why on earth people think these physical discs are going to be gone in 6 or 7 years. With what medium are they going to be replaced then? It just doesn't make sense.

They can take away stuff that you actually payed money for that you downloaded. It's not really safe. It is tied to your xbox 360 or your account. One way or another. They could shut down servers and not support it. Then you wouldn't get your content back

I'm not really saying that. I just look at individual consoles, and see their individual problems. I haven't even looked too much into the PS4. I have of course looked into nintendo, very much. And I didn't like the direction they were going in.

I stand corrected, but of course they can still ban that free account, which is needed to redownloaded your purchased games in case your xbox 360 dies. You still need to login to their servers and get it. So of course you could lose all your downloadable content. If A. your xbox 360 dies. B. your account is also banned. Or A. your xbox 360 account dies. B. their servers don't work anymore or they don't let you do it. Hence you are trusting their integrity, you could lose all your content, of your purchased games that you actually payed for. Versus having a physical disc, which can be installed as much as you want. It's like you don't actually own the product when you downloaded it. If anything can go wrong quite easily, it's downloadable content. Xbox 360's have been known to break so easily. And Microsoft reserves the right to suspend your account.

I don't know why you keep saying "MS requires full payment for Live and content" When I read all this information on their website. And they say the exact opposite. All these dreaded payment plans and options (low funds in credit cards, etc), just to play online or socialize with people. When you already pay for your ISP. Which you can do with a computer free of charge. As long as you pay for your ISP of course.

And I seriously don't know why I have to repeat myself a million times on the importance of having a disc rather than just purchasing data off a console.

And I don't know why people don't think having a disc isn't digital. And that 7 years from now, we won't be having discs, even though, they are making new technologies for discs in the future. It is digital, we are all digital right now with these consoles.

And by the way, before anybody tries to tell me that you can still use your xbox live account even though it's suspended, just not the gold features. No, they can literally disable, suspended it (permanently), suspend your xbox 360 even. You can't literally login. And I have lots of articles where people are telling me they have to repurchase their games they already bought.

They can forfeit all your purchases. I don't know how legally they can get away with that, but, I think it's safe to assume that it's way more safer to buy a disc.
What happens if your disc gets scratched or damaged to the point where it can't play?
canprime is online now   Reply With Quote