Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 05-30-2013, 01:19 PM   #31
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind
Re: X-BOX ONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoNKerS View Post
Please note this announcement was to showcase the boring stuff. E3 is where they will showcase their games etc.

@ E3 everyone ignores the social integration, everyone ignores the home integration crap.

I used to be a PlayStation fanboy until the 360. The PS3 is a horrible console compared to the 360. Ya I pay for live but the user experience is worlds ahead of PlayStation. Many games out performing the PS3 version! What a disappointment. Updates oh the painful constant updates... I do have both I bought the PS3 for the astronomical price when first launched. Its a damn bluray player, that's it for me!!

Xbox for me please.

What do you mean by out perform the PS3 version?
I see this a lot and don't really get why? Does playing a multi Platform game on XBOX make it more... fun?
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 01:39 PM   #32
FEZaid
Arabian Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Jetfire View Post
What do you mean by out perform the PS3 version?
I see this a lot and don't really get why? Does playing a multi Platform game on XBOX make it more... fun?
Playing online on the X-Box 360 is much smoother compared to the PS3, since people pay for such services.
Old 05-30-2013, 01:46 PM   #33
Team Jetfire

Hmmm... I play COD a lot on the PSN and never had an issue. Is there less lag? Better matching? Less blatant Racism or threats about having an elicit relationship with my mother?

Help me understand.
Old 05-30-2013, 01:55 PM   #34
AeroShake
Made of Gundamium
Send a message via Skype™ to AeroShake

Quote:
Originally Posted by FEZaid View Post
Playing online on the X-Box 360 is much smoother compared to the PS3, since people pay for such services.
Yeah I agree, I go to my friends house to play the latest CoD on his PS3 and I find I get A LOT of lag and match drops than compared to when I play on my 360.

#nohate

Wants/Needs
- DAFT PUNK MEMORABILIA
- GCreations Six Shot
- Maketoys Cross Dimension Nemesis Prime
- Transformers Kuro Kara Kuri Tarn
- Transformers Kuro Kara Kuri Star Saber
- Warhammer 40k stuff

AeroShake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 02:03 PM   #35
UltraPrimal
Canadian Slag

Hey, did you guys know the Wii U's sales rose 386% after the Xbox One's announcement?
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/201...box_one_reveal

Also, I was listening to the latest episode of "The Indoor Kids" and they mentioned how the fact that every Xbox One requiring a Kinect connected to it all times could be used to spy you and violate your privacy, either by Microsoft themselves or by someone hacking it. Not only that, but what they see through your kinect camera could be used to collect information. Anything from determining your income by looking at your clothes and furniture, to even possibly requiring additional licensing fees based on the number of people in the room. For example, you're watching a movie or a PPV through Xbox, it can see how many people are in your room and say like, "The license for this program you bought is only good for 4 people. You must buy an addition license for the other 3 people to keep watching". Which sounds pretty ridiculous, but considering they're going to charging you a fee just to play used games or let you bring your games over to your friends house to play on his Xbox, it's not all that unreal.
Old 05-30-2013, 02:39 PM   #36
takaraJoe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Jetfire View Post
Hmmm... I play COD a lot on the PSN and never had an issue. Is there less lag? Better matching? Less blatant Racism or threats about having an elicit relationship with my mother?

Help me understand.

you mean Xbox doesn't have This?

but it's right on the box.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	call-of-duty-modern-welfare-2-xbox-360.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	18924  

Last edited by takaraJoe; 05-30-2013 at 02:48 PM.
takaraJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 06:35 PM   #37
Team Jetfire

Old 06-09-2013, 07:52 PM   #38
SpikeNard
Generation 1

From what I'm reading now about the xbox one, I don't like where they are going with this. http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/connected
Quote:
Originally Posted by "[url
http://news.xbox.com"]With[/url] Xbox One you can game offline for up to 24 hours on your primary console, or one hour if you are logged on to a separate console accessing your library. Offline gaming is not possible after these prescribed times until you re-establish a connection, but you can still watch live TV and enjoy Blu-ray and DVD movies.
Just whoa, a gaming machine designed to play games needs to connect to the internet every day to check in the server with it's masters. So you need permission from Microsoft to play your own games. And if Microsoft servers go down, you can no longer play games on it. And they actually call these benefits. And oh wow, a gaming device that primarily is suppose to play games, what's most important is they let you watch tv, play , blu-ray's, and dvd movies without needing an internet connection!
Quote:
http://news.xbox.com"]While[/url] a persistent connection is not required, Xbox One is designed to verify if system, application or game updates are needed and to see if you have acquired new games, or resold, traded in, or given your game to a friend. Games that are designed to take advantage of the cloud may require a connection.
Seems like an invasion of privacy. What is wrong with buying a physical copy of the game. You own it, you can do whatever you want with it. Let your friend borrow it and play it. Sell it. Now they want to take control of everything you do. They need to know what you are doing? And notice how they try to make it seem like having a console hooked up to the internet is some new benefit:
Quote:
http://news.xbox.com"]A[/url] new generation of games with power from the cloud: Because every Xbox One owner has a broadband connection, developers can create massive, persistent worlds that evolve even when you’re not playing.
They are assuming every Xbox One owner needs a broadband connection, or they have one. And it's some sort of world.
Quote:
http://news.xbox.com"]Your[/url] Xbox One is always ready: Xbox One is designed to run in a low-powered, connected state. This means your system, games and apps are always current and ready to play—no more waiting for updates.
As opposed to previous systems, where all you do is put in the game and it's ready to play? You never needed to update a game, it was ready to play. Wow, an advantage to the xbox one, it's always ready to play games. So was a snes. And judging by their own logic and their network requirements, no it's not always ready to play games, it requires a login everyday 24 hours on the internet. So it requires extra steps.
Quote:
http://news.xbox.com"]Stay[/url] connected to your friends: Never miss an opportunity to play games with your friends or to catch up with family on Skype. Use Skype in Snap mode to chat while you play games or watch TV. Or enjoy group video Skype calls with people around the world, all from the comfort of your living room.
Wow, stay connected with your friends, really? As opposed to having your friend over at your house in person. Or as opposed to using your cell phone, computer, etc to do this also. You really need to be talking to her friend over the internet, when you are playing a single player game? It's not some advantage or opportunity, you could do this with xbox 360.
Quote:
http://news.xbox.com"]Access[/url] your entire games library from any Xbox One—no discs required: After signing in and installing, you can play any of your games from any Xbox One because a digital copy of your game is stored on your console and in the cloud. So, for example, while you are logged in at your friend’s house, you can play your games.
Wow, really? That's cool, you can finally access your own games that you bought! Because you know it's so hard to bring a physical copy or disc(plus your memory card), to your friends house and just play it like that also. Like older systems did. And you could let anyone borrow your physical copy of the game to anyone, and let as much people play it as possible. And like we are going to trust you, to say who gets to use what login, when and where. You also know what people are doing, rather than letting people have privacy.
Quote:
http://news.xbox.com"]Buy[/url] the way you want—disc or digital—on the same day: You’ll be able to buy disc-based games at traditional retailers or online through Xbox Live, on day of release.
I'm sure even if you own the physical copy of the disc, since you put limitations on it, once it's installed. The physical disc is useless to have, and it can't be installed on any other xbox one, and if the xbox one breaks or gets lost. Owning games is pointless. Because you we don't really own anything. And Microsoft claims to control everything. So with this being said. Consumers really shouldn't buy this system if they don't like this sort of crap. Microsoft is very untrustworthy. Only way to stick to them is for people not to buy the system. That's all I can say. When you own something, you should be allowed to play it as many times as you want, and without being watched or controlled or worried about having a internet, or worried about Microsoft's server, etc.

Edit: I don't know why but every time I enter a message. It doesn't allow spaces between paragraphs. If anyone can help me with this, thank you. I mean it shows I have the space in the preview window, but when I go to preview changes, it changes.

Last edited by SpikeNard; 06-10-2013 at 04:53 PM.
SpikeNard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 08:50 PM   #39
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

While I can see some benefit to what Microsoft was thinking, it's clear that this system's sole purpose is to give Microsoft as much control as possible over every aspect of the "gaming experience". And yes, it's insulting that they're claiming these are to benefit gamers.

There is absolutely zero chance that I will buy an Xbox One. I'm perfectly content with the 360, and if I get a video game itch that needs scratching Ill turn to either Nintendo and grab a Wii U or, specifics pending, to Sony for a PS4.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 04:27 PM   #40
Team Jetfire

Welcome to the future of media: You don't own anything... only the right to use it.

...yay.