Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-06-2018, 09:32 PM   #81
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con
Re: POTP impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Base mode for POTP Optimus... You even have pegs for Prime/Titan Masters on both sides.

Clever! I like it. I think it adds a lot of value to the figure for the trailer to have a purpose when not being in alt mode. I’ve found a few ways to display Roddy’s trailer as a weapons platform, but wasn’t sure what could be done for Orion. That looks solid! Can’t wait to grab one and try it out.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 04:39 PM   #82
Digibasherx
Robot in Disguise

(Serious post) Anyone has Metalhawk with a straight barrel? The one on mine's warped and curved slightly, making it rather phallic. The heat treatment's wasn't able to straighten it. Might have to pick up another.
Digibasherx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 05:17 PM   #83
theoneyouknowleast
Classic

Got to play with my Rodimus, just loving the figure, he isn't perfect but what CHUG figure is?

Also fixed his but flap, looks better now and got a good weapons mode going for the trailer as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180108_160231.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	38609   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180108_160218.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	38610   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180108_160132.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	38611   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180108_160113.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	38612  

My Sales Thread
My Wanted Thread
My Feedback Thread

Looking For: Nothing Right Now
theoneyouknowleast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 04:12 AM   #84
chaingunsofdoom
Wrecker

Finally came back to POTP SS and I found the instructions saying to leave his hands out in jet mode just doesn't work on my copy.

So I exposed the combiner port and then pegged the wings into the arms perfectly. They are not pegged into the leg at all, but everything is snug.
chaingunsofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 02:11 PM   #85
Aximili1
Generation 1

I'm getting to like Rodimus more and more. All the modes work for me.
Old 01-20-2018, 02:43 PM   #86
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deception View Post
lol i'm skipping slash. i originally skipped the fansproject dino fembots because they weren't official characters, but now that they have an official raptor fembot...lol
Bought Slash and took her back since I am using the FP LER series for my Dinos. Cracked open the pretender shells last night and not considering the price but the pin in the lower legs of Vector Prime are SO loose he just falls right over so I'll have to leave him inside the Metalhawk armor
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 07:59 PM   #87
Gordicon14
Generations

I'm feeling pretty meh towards POTP. Bought Jazz and Dreadwind. Plastic feels super cheap on Jazz. Dreadwind is ok, a bit loose though. Will buy Beachcomber.

Honestly i'm a bit tired after so many good bots from CW and TR. And my collection is getting too big!
Gordicon14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 08:16 PM   #88
positivelyken
One Man Gestalt

I'm pretty excited to see more of the S3 and S4 characters getting some love (Predaking, Abominus, Dreadwind/Darkwing). I'm also happy we're getting more fembots. The updated Pretender gimmick is a pass for me, though.
positivelyken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 11:10 PM   #89
cr3d1t
Beast Machine

Got all the Prime Masters and Legends last week and Deluxes and Voyagers today. Some thoughts and observations.

- Prime Masters with their pretender shells are brilliant little figures and I didn't know I'd like them so much. I find them a lot more fun that Titan Masters. I find PMs have a lot of play options for their small size. I want playsets and vehicles for their scale A size somewhere between FortMax's and Overlord's base modes.

- Windcharger and Beachcomber are wonderfully chunky. I wish Windcharger's windshield wasn't as opaque so I could see the titan/prime master inside. Seeing a TM/PM riding inside Beachcomber's rollcage is really fun. It made me realize a that while you can put a TM/PM inside Legends class vehicle modes, you often can't really see them at all once they're inside.

- The Dinobots are great. Slash is a great addition to the team. Slug is solid and stiff with no problems so far. Grimlock's chunky tail doesn't bother me that much and his robot mode is fantastic. What does bother me is that Swoop's legs don't tab together properly, which affects both his combiner limb modes.

- Dreadwind is very good. The only thing I've noticed is that the back of the legs don't tab into anything when in alt mode so it doesn't feel super solid. I don't know if it was the same with the Combiner Wars Aerialbot that shares the mold. It's not flimsy or anything, it just doesn't click into anything like the other CW jets I have. I hope the mechanism of hinging the wings onto the legs means HasTak will be producing conehead versions of the mold. No idea how they're going to make a conehead head on top of the combiner peg, though.

- Jazz is decent. He's big but feels light. I'm glad it's a new mold and that they're trying something new for combiner Deluxes, but the painted transparent hood and top are finicky and trying to tab the arms or the lower body make some other part pop out. The way the hood and top tab together in car mode never fits right and requires more force than I'm comfortable with to push the tabs in. I've seen the pictures of the cracked hood around the shoulder. Yikes. The legs tab in together really great and solidly so at least there's that. Combiner leg mode wasn't super stable the first time I tried him so Grimlock and Starscream keep falling forward. Switching him to arm mode improved their standing.

- For Starscream I wasn't sure about his robot mode when I first saw him but I'm starting to like it. His Popeye shape is kinda charming. Getting all the legs and wings and flaps parts lined up in combiner torso mode is fussy, but generally I like the look of it. The guy from Geekstuff Store managed to snap off one of the air intake flaps while unpegging it when transforming from jet to robot, so I've got to keep an eye on that. The stickers don't bother me too much so far. The back wing assembly gives me the impression that I should be able to push it in so that the peg above where it rotates can plug into the port but it doesn't.

- I wish there were ports on the side of the combiner feet. I always want more ports. Feet pegs are super stiff on Grimlock's and okay on Starscream's.

- I wish the enigmas of combination did more than just be a block, but I still like being able to plug it in different ways.

- I haven't gotten any Leaders yet and I'm not sure if I will. I already have a TM Leader OP and the transformation is close enough for me to not be interested. That and the Orion Pax's truck mode is too messy. I've got too many Hotrods already so I was thinking of skipping Rodimus Prime and getting Rodimus Unicronus. I love how he looks like Lemmy from Motorhead, even if I'm not really a fan.

That's it!

Last edited by cr3d1t; 01-20-2018 at 11:12 PM.
cr3d1t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 11:53 PM   #90
Tekkamanraiden
G1 Original
Tekkamanraiden's Ebay Auctions

I've only managed to find Beachcomber and Slag so far. Slag's pretty decent besides a loose leg. Beachcomber is really well done, pretty great transformation.

Feedback http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=19772
Tekkamanraiden is offline   Reply With Quote