Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 05-21-2015, 09:58 AM   #41
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ
Re: Stupid women story

All I see is there was some respect lacking on either side. Next time you get a msg that irks you, I suggest taking a 5-10 min break (cigarette/coffee break/etc.) before replying, let your anger subside then reply with a cool, calm head.

Oh and there's no reason to lower your standards, i.e. no need to be rude if someone else is being rude to you. Be the bigger person.
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca

Last edited by CobraCommander; 05-21-2015 at 10:04 AM.
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 10:21 AM   #42
JLvatron
Chosen 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
Clearly people are seeing this differently, thats fine.
Several posters here think he dropped the woman because she didn't like Transformers.

That's not what happened At All.

If it's misread as such, no wonder there are so many people here thinking he had it coming.

JLvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 11:45 AM   #43
Chigimus
Masterpiece

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLvatron View Post
Several posters here think he dropped the woman because she didn't like Transformers.

That's not what happened At All.

If it's misread as such, no wonder there are so many people here thinking he had it coming.
You're partly right. What you perceive we think is indeed not what happened at all. What DID happen however is that Ironwave dropped the woman because HE THINKS she has less respect for him now that she knows that he collects toys.

None of us know with certainty if that is actually the case, not even Ironwave himself. Her reaction led him to believe this in his own mind, but he never confirmed that with her. He never took the opportunity to explain his hobby further and instead dismissed her completely. The only person that knows for sure how she feels about his toy collecting is herself.

This wasn't about whether or not he set himself up for failure. This is about whether or not he took the right course of action to resolve the conflict that developed due to a misunderstanding: she doesn't know why he collects and he doesn't know for sure that she thinks less likely of him for it, that's just his own perception of her opinion.
Chigimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 12:11 PM   #44
Slayback
Animated

^^ You also omitted the fact that he now thinks she is beneath him because she questioned his hobby. Coupled with the fact that she is now stupid and the title of this thread is stupid women story. I dont think any of us are angels by any stretch of the imagination - and i can be a douche as well, but there's saying things in a joking manner and then there's saying it and meaning it. If you have this outlook about people not accepting you for what you are -based on 1 suggestion or comment - then i would think that there is a deep seeded issue that needs to be addressed. - edit or you're definitely portraying that there is an issue.

feedback :http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=31815

Last edited by Slayback; 05-21-2015 at 12:24 PM.
Slayback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 01:02 PM   #45
OLDMR
Beast Machine

Do you think she knows if wardawg is in yet? And if Telsa will be pushed back?
OLDMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 01:22 PM   #46
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDMR View Post
Do you think she knows if wardawg is in yet? And if Telsa will be pushed back?
One could almost misconstrue your question as being related to female insertables rather than toys...

As for the dilemna presented by the OP: Empathy, my friend. Such insight and kindness can go a long way. I've spent many years acting entitled and mad at the world thanks to my spoiled only child upbringing. Recognizing value in other people's opinions and insight starts with understanding and you need to communicate to get there. Women think very differently. The cool shit you / I / we appreciate often doesn't resonate for them. Just as the female perspective on things makes zero sense to us. That doesn't mean a "me versus you" stance needs to be taken up. People are wired differently, each and every one of us. Empathy will help you recognize when someone shares common interests with you making it worthwhile to take a relationship further.

Maybe you two were not meant to hit things off. Maybe she was your one true love. That's irrelevant now. Learn from this and move on. Try to understand the next one's point of view which can lead to them to understand and respect yours.

Last edited by jjwankenobi; 05-21-2015 at 03:21 PM.
jjwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 09:19 PM   #47
Beechy
The Veteran.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix_Holder View Post
The people that get paid to sleep with people aren't actually sleeping beechy.
No, I was talking about the ones who get paid to sleep.
Beechy is offline   Reply With Quote