Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 09-10-2011, 03:56 PM   #11
ConvoyGTR
Generation 2
Re: Toy Shelf Horror Stories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post
I do the poke test too. But maybe you didn't do anything wrong. Conspiracy ramble here. Maybe something like really big bug nudged it enought to knock it over. With the hot weather and open windows, I've had two instances of spiders the size of, I kid you not, a legends figure craw inside my place. Maybe if one made its way onto your shelf, it could have thrown a figure off balance and crash.
It's possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega-Prime 316 View Post
I heard it begin to slide off the shelf! I attempted to catch it but it crashed to the floor and broke into 4 peices!! I never did try to re-do the lighting just picked it up and made a regular model out of it.
Ouch. Way worse than what happened to me.

Quote:
Don't read the rest of this and the next paragraph if you're not up for bit of a shiver. A few years back, I woke up with one of those things on my chest. Crazy snoopy dance on the bed followed by a matrix leap across the room.

But finally found a use for those empty 100 pack DVD spool covers. Trap the f@cker under one of those and slide a piece of cardboard underneath. Easy no touch way to get rid of the bugger.

Now back on topic. Just remembered one time I'm moving stuff around on a high wall shelf, bunch of figures on a short book shelf below. For some reason turn my head and throw myself off balance. Double windmill arms, slowing me down just enough for the thought 'FRAK This is going to REALLY hurt" to pass through through my mind as I pull the whole top shelf down and land backwards on the short bookshelf, taking that down too. End result, me lying on the floor between a couch and tilted over bookshelf like a fallen King Kong, surprisingly unhurt and in no pain, covered in transformers. Astonishingly, no transformers were hurt in the falling of this clutz.
Yikes.
Old 09-10-2011, 05:28 PM   #12
JTCh
Armada

That's why I put all my Japanese toys inside Detolfs, they have taken a tumble several times, but it is confined to the same level so no damage done *touch wood* I usually use a stand to aid the more dynamic poses as well.

I display the more durable or ones with a stable stance on my open shelves like my Marvel figures and Transformers.
JTCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 02:32 AM   #13
Commandoclone87
Seeker

Quote:
Don't read the rest of this and the next paragraph if you're not up for bit of a shiver. A few years back, I woke up with one of those things on my chest. Crazy snoopy dance on the bed followed by a matrix leap across the room.

But finally found a use for those empty 100 pack DVD spool covers. Trap the f@cker under one of those and slide a piece of cardboard underneath. Easy no touch way to get rid of the bugger.

Now back on topic. Just remembered one time I'm moving stuff around on a high wall shelf, bunch of figures on a short book shelf below. For some reason turn my head and throw myself off balance. Double windmill arms, slowing me down just enough for the thought 'FRAK This is going to REALLY hurt" to pass through through my mind as I pull the whole top shelf down and land backwards on the short bookshelf, taking that down too. End result, me lying on the floor between a couch and tilted over bookshelf like a fallen King Kong, surprisingly unhurt and in no pain, covered in transformers. Astonishingly, no transformers were hurt in the falling of this clutz.
When it comes to spiders, as long as they stay out of the way, I'm fine. If not, then I make a simple cover from a piece or two of paper towel and then squish. I know, how horrible of me to do so, but then again, they should have stayed away.

Damn, your lucky not to have crushed those tfs trying to get up. With the kind of luck I have. there would have been toy carnage everywhere. A Starscream's foot down here, Megatron's arm over there and would still be wondering where Prime's head has gotten to.
Commandoclone87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 10:59 AM   #14
chans formers
raff ow roud

mine would be not so much breakage(not including a dumbass i pulled trying to actually transform g2 slingshot)but moreso the "dominoe" effect.

i'll go and pull one off the shelf,mess with him,put him back up and lo and behold,when one goes,a whole row or two of them goes too
the worst is trying to pick them up on the shelves without touching the still standing bots right behind them,or else you have more rows goin' down.