Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 11-21-2023, 09:13 AM   #1
omegalaw
Generation 2
Fansproject Defender

I was feeling a bit nostalgic today and brought out my Fansproject Defender to mess around with. I don't think I have touched this guy in 8 years. I was a bit surprised when I found one of the C clips on the leg had broken. I decided to keep going with the transformation using kid gloves. I was really surprised when his arm just fell off. Needless to say I stopped touching it at that point.

It was stored in a bin at room temperature and not banged around. Any ideas on what would have caused this or if I can fix it?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20231121_075529.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	54117   Click image for larger version

Name:	20231121_075511.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	54118  
Old 11-21-2023, 10:26 AM   #2
imfallenangel
Cybertron
Re: Fansproject Defender

Aside gluing the parts back, not much really. And no way to know what more could happen at this point.

Plastic degrades over time, it's just how it is. Some plastic are worst than others, it comes down to formulation. GPS (Gold Plastic Syndrome) is the very accelerated version of that as the metal used in the formulation expedited the degradation 100x faster.

If room temperature isn't air conditioned during the summer. Just the temperature of hot days will have an effect, especially after 8 years.