Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-18-2015, 11:28 AM   #1
mcmus
Animated
Why people don't say NO

I understand a deal is only a deal if both parties agress at the end.
So...
I don't have an issue if you ask me if the item is still available and tell me "NO, I will pass" at the end.
I don't have an issue if you ask me all the questions afterward and tell me "NO, I will pass" at the end.
I don't have an issue even you ask me how much is the shipping and tell me "NO, I will pass" at the end.
I also don't have an issue even we have discussed how much is the deal (figures + postage) and tell me "NO, I will pass" at the end.
OH, one more, I also don't have an issue if you tell me to come and pick up and tell me "NO, I will pass" afterward. I understand people can change their decision.

BUT I DO HAVE a hard time to understand why some people will not do the very last step "NO, I will pass" or something like that if they decide not to proceed or continue the conversation. Instead, they just disappear over the internet thin air. HAHAHA

Last edited by mcmus; 09-18-2015 at 11:35 AM.
mcmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 11:37 AM   #2
chroma23
douchebag
Re: Why people don't say NO

yup i share your sentiment

i just got that from another member as well recently (not OP, dont worry). wouldn't be surprised if its the same person....

BST on cybertron.ca: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=47234
FEEDBACK on cybertron.ca: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=16129
chroma23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 11:37 AM   #3
DanicusTF(cdn)
Armada

I've had this happen to me twice in the last month, and I agree, it's really, REALLY annoying.
DanicusTF(cdn) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 11:49 AM   #4
timcrook
Cybertron

If I was selling, I would assume that they don't want it if no further communication happens. Did the guy ask to hold it till he can sell of some stuff? If not then just assume he doesn't want it. Isn't it first come first serve? So if someone else comes along to buy it while he is still deciding, sell to the new guy.

Edit: why don't they say no? I'm guessing they are still unsure and deciding.

Last edited by timcrook; 09-18-2015 at 11:51 AM.
timcrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 12:09 PM   #5
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

People don't follow through because they are basically inconsiderate cowards. Harsh words, I know...but if people were to consider how they themselves would not appreciate being on the receiving end of such passive agressiveness then I believe the world would be a more communicative and productive place.

You don't want what I'm selling? No problem...just tell me.

You don't like me or what I'm saying...again, tell me. I'd respect you more for being an adult than some cowering child making up excuses.

And, yes...this has happened to me. Happening right now, actually. So if you're "Rocky" from Abbotsford...answer my mother-fucking emails!!!

jjwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 12:12 PM   #6
CAF
Banned

I can spot an endeless negotiation a mile away.
I wonder if these people also go into bookstores and tear the last few pages from novels?

Also why I just put stuff on ebay. Want it? Bid. Lol if not, someone else can. Paypal only

Last edited by CAF; 09-18-2015 at 12:14 PM.
CAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 12:19 PM   #7
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAF View Post
I wonder if these people also go into bookstores and tear the last few pages from novels?
LOL. Probably.

As I've proposed before, scalpers deserve their own Circle of Hell in Dante's Inferno.

Perhaps these people should be their bum buddies there too.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	circles-of-hell-in-dantes-inferno_50291c3324df2.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	100.1 KB
ID:	30134  

jjwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 12:20 PM   #8
justprime
Animated

What pisses me off is when you hold the piece for them cause they gotta have it and then the agreed time comes (can accept and understand a back out here) and goes with no communication at which point you contact them and they say no don't want it now found a cheaper one or whatever
.fine ....your a pick for not letting me know especially after holding it for you and have now screwed it for the rest.
justprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 12:24 PM   #9
elburrito
Animated

I see this as just a symptom of an epidemic of failing courtesy and civility in the world. I speculate that after spending so much time inquiring about an item, sometimes people feel embarrassed to follow-up if they change their mind.

Whatever the cause, it is too bad because it chips away at the enjoyment of interacting with other people just a little.

"This is capitalism", "dog-eat-dog", "nature of dealing" are all poor excuses for lack of courtesy and civility. After all, at the end of the day, what keeps life at all interesting is interacting with other people.

Perhaps we should all keep that in mind when we buy, sell, trade?

EDIT: on the other hand, maybe they just got busy and forgot...still a lame excuse imo

Sale & Trade

elburrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 12:51 PM   #10
CAF
Banned

I always post first come first serve. If anyone has a pending offer and I sell it out from under them, I let them know.

On the other hand, some people who I have had good dealings with get a way different level of respect. I like to have rapport be a factor in dealing with anyone.

I have done a lot of trades on Instagram and I can tell you, it's brutal over there.
I can't count how many times a 3 day conversation leading up to a great trade is suddenly ceased by "Oh you're Canadian? I don't ship to Canada" or like this thread says, just no more communication.
And then there are the guys who make trades and never send their trade. lol.
Trust is a big factor. But fortunately, the toy trading community have ways to verify good traders/sellers.

Last edited by CAF; 09-18-2015 at 12:54 PM.
CAF is offline   Reply With Quote