Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews

Old 11-02-2011, 02:23 PM   #1
Perceptor
Alternator
DOTM Bumblebees

I have avoided buying Bayverse Bumblebees for a long time now but recently the vehicle look of Nitro Bumblebee and the blackish Cyberfire Bee with red tinted windows attracted me and I got them both for $9.96 at Walmart, which I thought to be decent price to give them a try.
For Nitro Bee, I kind of like the bulky look of the bot. I also like the jet engines on the vehicle. But the lack of paint on robot parts and the well documented limited posability of the bot are definite drawbacks. Also, the chest doesn't tap well into the torso piece. But for $10! Not bad.
For Cyberfire Bee, a huge disappointment... Lots of loose hinge joints on mine, poor and inconsistent paint apps through out (and I did know they were painting yellow on black), and the paint on his helmet (they could have given him yellow plastic there? I don't know...) Anyway helmet paint doesn't seem to match rest of body...
So I doubt I will be getting any more newer molds of Bees even at what seem to be good prices for a TF toy just for fun.
Old 11-04-2011, 04:00 PM   #2
Megatronimus
Beasty
Re: DOTM Bumblebees

I liked Nitro Bee, he was the only Bay-verse bee I got. Your right though, the lack of paint apps on the arms and legs was a let down. The face sculpt is great though.
Megatronimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 10:38 AM   #3
Nomad
Airachnid's ratservant
Send a message via AIM to Nomad Send a message via MSN to Nomad
Re: DOTM Bumblebees

Well for what it's worth, I really like my Cyberfire Bumblebee, but I also picked out the better one on the shelf & got lucky with the paint being very consistent on him. None of my joints are loose, and I actually like the fact that the yellow on him was painted because the colour itself is generally better than the casting used on the previous incarnations. Now, this is of course assuming that one doesn't get a lemon of sorts, which I was lucky enough to avoid.

Heck if anything, the only thing I don't like about this version is the Mechtech gun not matching his colour scheme or being unique like Crankcase's for example, but I gave that to Ratchet anyway, so no biggie. Bee's got a black Action Master Prime gun, now (the one with double barrels that came with his trailer).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConvoyGTR View Post
"they're all gone, vultures everywhere"
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote