Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Customs and Artwork

Old 03-26-2011, 08:34 PM   #1
Darth Wave
Alternator
Classics Shockwave - G1 homage

I have to say I was inspired by the work done by frenzy_rumble, Solrac333, Jin and Todd Hakusho. So I went out and got myself a Dremel set (36 pc) and started to work on this not so simple custom piece. I do how ever want to keep it as close to the G1 look and feel. I'm not sure I'll be able to have an alternate mode when I'm done.

So this is going to be 2 custom shockwaves. I'm going to do a homage to the G1 version and the other more of a classics look. Now I still need to figure out the alt modes for both, if not it's just going to be another Revoltech figure!

G1 Shockwave Homage - The base figure will be the Energon Shockblast. Most of his body will remain the same except for his forearms and sides of his legs (G1 parts). I am thinking of switching out the head to the G1 version. I'll need to mod it to be more streamline so it fits the body. This is going to be painted with a few shades of purple, black and grey.

Classics Shockwave - The base figure will be the Energon Shockblast. Most of his body will remain the same except for his forearms (KO Jetfire parts), cannon (Universe Tankor). The shoulders will be switched out from the other E Shockblast so both arms will look the same.
As for the paint job, it's going to be painted white with purple as an accent color. Well I'm still deciding on the color

Anyways will update you as I progress along… let me know what you think and if you have any hints please feel free to pass it along.

WIP PIC's are COMING!

Most of the parts have been primed. The cannon has been modded by adding a small plastic cap and a G1 OP missile drilled into the stock. I'll need to use some Tamiya Putty (White) to fill in the joints where I glued the parts together.
(credit goes to Todd Hakusho for his version of the cannon arm)

Last edited by Darth Wave; 03-29-2011 at 05:38 PM.
Darth Wave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 09:43 PM   #2
Hobbyist Prime
King of the Scratchbuild
Hobbyist Prime's Ebay Auctions
Re: Classics Shockwave - G1 homage

After seeing your evil Jetfire I am really looking forward to seeing what you are going to come up with!
Hobbyist Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 10:12 PM   #3
J-Ko
G1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbyist Prime View Post
After seeing your evil Jetfire I am really looking forward to seeing what you are going to come up with!
+1 to this!
Old 03-27-2011, 12:05 AM   #4
Malwave
Resident Gryphon
Malwave's Ebay Auctions
Send a message via MSN to Malwave Send a message via Skype™ to Malwave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Wave View Post

I have to say I was inspired by the work done by frenzy_rumble, Solrac333, Jin and Todd Hakusho. So I went out and got myself a Dremel set (36 pc) and started to work on this not so simple custom piece. I do how ever want to keep it as close to the G1 look and feel. I'm not sure I'll be able to have an alternate mode when I'm done.

So this is going to be 2 custom shockwaves. I'm going to do a homage to the G1 version and the other more of a classics look. Now I still need to figure out the alt modes for both, if not it's just going to be another Revoltech figure!

G1 Shockwave Homage - The base figure will be the Energon Shockblast. Most of his body will remain the same except for his forearms and sides of his legs (G1 parts). I am thinking of switching out the head to the G1 version. I'll need to mod it to be more streamline so it fits the body. This is going to be painted with a few shades of purple, black and grey.

Classics Shockwave - The base figure will be the Energon Shockblast. Most of his body will remain the same except for his forearms (KO Jetfire parts), cannon (Universe Tankor). The shoulders will be switched out from the other E Shockblast so both arms will look the same.
As for the paint job, it's going to be painted white with purple as an accent color. Well I'm still deciding on the color

Anyways will update you as I progress along… let me know what you think and if you have any hints please feel free to pass it along.

WIP PIC's are COMING!

Most of the parts have been primed. The cannon has been modded by adding a small plastic cap and a G1 OP missile drilled into the stock.
(credit goes to Todd Hakusho for his version of the cannon arm)
just a note dude, Todd is me on TFW2005. xD I signed up there before I came here

but I CANNOT wait to see this
Malwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 12:52 AM   #5
Darth Wave
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malwave View Post
just a note dude, Todd is me on TFW2005. xD I signed up there before I came here

but I CANNOT wait to see this
Oh Heyyyyyyyyy... sorry Todd! I forgot it was you. Is that the same KO Shockwave I sold you a while back that you're using? Love your custom.
Old 03-27-2011, 09:50 AM   #6
Malwave
Resident Gryphon
Malwave's Ebay Auctions
Send a message via MSN to Malwave Send a message via Skype™ to Malwave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Wave View Post
Oh Heyyyyyyyyy... sorry Todd! I forgot it was you. Is that the same KO Shockwave I sold you a while back that you're using? Love your custom.
it IS man
Malwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 01:45 PM   #7
Darth Wave
Alternator

small update:

Now I'm not sure I'm really liking the white version of shockwave but I'll stick with it for now and see what happens.

- replaced the cord with one from a microphone (dollarstore)
- switched out the shoulder joints with the other shockwave
- switched out the forearms for a G1 version.

- these are the feet for the Classics version, won't be that much mods to it other then a repaint.

oops... forgot to paint his toenails!

Last edited by Darth Wave; 03-29-2011 at 02:24 PM.
Old 03-29-2011, 01:53 PM   #8
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

Will you take my kidney as a down payment for this, Darth?

Cashflow is currently limited (God damn utility fees and property taxes!!!).

jjwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 02:22 PM   #9
Darth Wave
Alternator

lol... lets talk when I'm done!
Old 03-29-2011, 05:33 PM   #10
Darth Wave
Alternator

Another Update:

So finally got 90% of the SHOCK Cannon done for the classic version. Now fun thing is I have 2 sets of forearms for this bot. Guess I'll need to go and find another E Shockwave to add it too... lol

Wip pics..
This is the first version of the cannon as of 10:00 am this morning.

Here's the updated version.
Parts:
- Universe Treadbolt
- Universe Tankor
- G1 Snarl (inner gold head)
- Microphone cord (dollarstore)

Last edited by Darth Wave; 04-01-2011 at 04:55 PM.

Tags
energon, shock, shockblast, shockwave, wave