Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-11-2013, 04:17 AM   #21
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one
Re: Ontario non sightings community chat.

its sunday jan 20th at the royal botanical gardens. http://www.toycon.ca/ gives you all the info.

20 January 2013 at 9:30 AM
Royal Botanical Gardens
Royal Botanical Gardens - 680 Plains Road West - Burlington, Ontario Ontario - Canada

VIP Admission = $15.00 (ages 5 and up)
Early Bird Admission = $10.00 (ages 5 and up)
General Admission = $5.00 (ages 5 and up)
Magic: The Gathering Tournament Admission: $35 pre-paid, $40 at the door
(Admission to the Tournament includes VIP access to the Artists Alley and Vendor floor)
Click here to register, or here for more information on the tournament.
9:30 AM to 10 AM VIP Admission and Magic Tournament Registration 10 AM to 11 AM Early Bird Admission 11 AM to 4 PM General Admission
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:29 AM   #22
Grimlock4Prime
Alternator

Dammit. Yet another toy show in town that I can't go to. I'm low on money anyways though so that's really a good thing I suppose. Transformer buys lately have been sparse. A few boxes from online retailers but nothing local. I've actually been redirecting a lot of funds into Lego lately and not regretting it for the most part.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:34 AM   #23
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

How good would that show be for TFs? Tiny presence or lots?
Do you have Perfect Effect Powermaster Prime upgrades PC-15 (little Ginrai dude) and PC-16 (transforming Prime cab) - or Fans Hobby Powerbaser - and you want some hard-to-get MISB ER / TR figures (the 3 ER Coneheads, Runamok, TR Twin Twist & Top Spin)? PM me if you're interested in working out a trade!
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:13 PM   #24
JTCh
Armada

Come to think of it, I haven't bought any TFs in retail since early last year with the Prime stuff. I've only bought TFs from toy shows, online, and members on here since that's the only way to get anything new nowadays.

I've even given up going to my LCS for other lines I collect since they never have it anyways. I was able to get the new figures I want on Ebay for probably the same price as I would have paid here and of course much earlier than if they ever were to make it up here.

I think ordering online is the only way to collect here nowadays since buying anything locally usually requires multiple trips and a lot of the times you won't even find what you want.

Well, I'll be flying to India in a few hours, wonder if I will see any TFs there haha
Old 01-11-2013, 12:30 PM   #25
xueyue2
Canadian Slag

Actually it's a good thing, in life there are so many other good stuffs worthing the money. Like my lovely stocks, just loose big on some silver mining company....

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:49 PM   #26
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaliebot View Post
How good would that show be for TFs? Tiny presence or lots?
It's actually pretty diverse for items, but selection and price are spotty at best. Local GTA shows have started to become stale, in my opinion. Your hope at these shows is to find a collector trying to sell off his collection, or a dealer who has newer stuff.

This is in no way meant to bash the show, but if TFs are all you are interested in it won't be like TFcon for sure.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:19 PM   #27
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

There is usually about 7 to 10 tables full of TFs at these shows. One dealer has 3 tables and and a couple peg boards behind him full of them.
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:49 PM   #28
Malwave
Resident Gryphon
Malwave's Ebay Auctions
Send a message via MSN to Malwave Send a message via Skype™ to Malwave

wish I could go too; but not working for a few weeks and not getting paid kinda prevents the ability to go to conventions
Malwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:24 PM   #29
DamonL
Rollllllllout Autobots

soo just opened my mp lambor n alert.. gotta say I got lucky with the paint and QC issues..but i'm more curious as to what the future of the masterpiece line holds?

to be fair..the engineer of these lamborghinis are amazing..and Im sure you've all seen the reviews or w.e.. and I know a lot of people are complaining about their sizes (and Im pretty sure they are the same group of people who complained that they want "in-scale" MPs and not an oversized mp01 and mp megatron LOL) anyways.. I'm certain the future mp line will have tfs in scale with the current mps.. but then again.. if that is the case..then almost all the future mps will be near the size of mp12 (other than shockwave and ultra magnus and megatron remold)..

so the question is... if this IS the case for the future of mp lines.. then doesnt that just make these figures an oversized/better engineered deluxe figures?

Gone are the days of die cast stature like masterpiece figures
DamonL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:38 PM   #30
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

there's a lot of bigger characters as well, but i'll take mp-10 over mp-04 any day of the week, mp-04 is basically an upsized titanium or transformable statue

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote