Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 11-06-2014, 01:19 AM   #11
vwpbl
Generation 2
Re: Instructions storage

Final result. Notice the dividers are not visible from the outside. I recommend larger or more colourful implementations of those for your project. movie-verse and wfc/foc/prime unverses are in the large binder, along with CHUGGEUR and 30th anniversary universes. The Bowie binder contains Unicron Trilogy and whatever other miscellaneous stuff I had, eg titaniums. All in all a good experiment. 2 instructions to a sheet protector was a good idea but not all the universes instructions fit nicely in the sheet size. I'm looking at you Takara and Beast Hunters. Alphabetical order worked out nicely as well, but will have to re-sort as I add more to each universe, best to wait until your universe is 'complete' to your satisfaction before sorting in alphabetical. The Beast Hunters had the opportunity to sort them in numerical order, as the instructions form a story of sorts. I did not actually buy all the Beast Hunters stuff, so did not go that route. Energon drill for.. ah you know the drill.

Last edited by vwpbl; 11-06-2014 at 01:22 AM. Reason: minor spelling adjustment. nosey aren't you?
vwpbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 03:22 AM   #12
elburrito
Animated

That was a fun little journey. Thanks for sharing. "kipple" is a term used to refer to useless pieces. Comes from author P.K. Dick. Now where are my bonus points?

Sale & Trade

elburrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 10:52 AM   #13
Metroplex79
Little Guy with Firepower

I just empty out a big box from that series, and put all the cardbacks, instructions and inserts in.

Examples:
-Generations Jetfire box, remove the tray, and all Generations dlx and legends cardbacks, instructions and inserts piled in.

-Target's Silver Knight Optimus & FOC Grimlock box, remove the tray, and all dlx AoE cardbacks, instructions and inserts piled in.

-Prime FE dlx Optimus vs Megatron box, remove the tray, and all Prime dlx and cyberverse cardbacks, instructions and inserts piled in. I think I also used the Prime Bumblebee vs Starscream box as well then the Optimus vs Megatron box was full.

-Bot Shots 3-pack boxes, remove the tray, and all Bot Shot single cardbacks, instructions and inserts piled in.

A team that's only a shell of its former self
Savage Blitzkrieg Squad [MIC]

Metroplex79 is a good and safe city to do business in!!! Take the tour.
These people stopped by:
Cybertron.ca feedback thread

New and old buyers welcome here:
Cybertron.ca sales thread
[CONTINUING POST-TFCON UPDATE]
(last update: Feb 12/14 @ 9:15am EST, slight edit)
Metroplex79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 11:21 AM   #14
Tekkamanraiden
G1 Original
Tekkamanraiden's Ebay Auctions

I sorted my instructions into a plastic file folder tote container when they got too numerous.

Feedback http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=19772
Tekkamanraiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 11:33 AM   #15
JLvatron
Chosen 1

I had a decade worth of instructions in a box in the basement. A flood ruined them; well, I never saw them but the insurance company wrote them off and threw them away.

I sent them some examples of how much the average sells on eBay, they sent me $200!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwpbl View Post
the initial test binder I found around for this little project. gotta be Bowie.
My Transformer morals forbid me from placing instructions in a David Bowie binder.

JLvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 05:12 PM   #16
ConvoyGTR
Generation 2

Got a smallish shipping box and put them in one layer at a time till it fills the top and start the process over again with a new box. Heaven help me if I ever have to look inside for a specific piece for whatever reason. Basically it's lost in a void.
Old 11-09-2014, 01:48 AM   #17
vwpbl
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConvoyGTR View Post
Got a smallish shipping box and put them in one layer at a time till it fills the top and start the process over again with a new box. Heaven help me if I ever have to look inside for a specific piece for whatever reason. Basically it's lost in a void.
"lost in a void"? haha, vwpbl, void where prohibited by law.

Anyways, yes that is why I wanted the binder, so if I have to fetch an instruction it is an efficient process
Old 11-09-2014, 01:50 AM   #18
vwpbl
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLvatron View Post
I had a decade worth of instructions in a box in the basement. A flood ruined them; well, I never saw them but the insurance company wrote them off and threw them away.

I sent them some examples of how much the average sells on eBay, they sent me $200!!

My Transformer morals forbid me from placing instructions in a David Bowie binder.
well at least you got $200 out of the ordeal.

Bowie's eyes commanded me, I could not resist.
Old 11-09-2014, 01:52 AM   #19
vwpbl
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by elburrito View Post
That was a fun little journey. Thanks for sharing. "kipple" is a term used to refer to useless pieces. Comes from author P.K. Dick. Now where are my bonus points?
points eh... ah erm.. *smoke bomb*
Old 11-09-2014, 01:36 PM   #20
chans formers
raff ow roud

i plan to do almost the same in the near future.
currently,i have an armada unicron box,dotm superbutterfly optimus box and an energon supreme statscream box all filled with instructions and inserts...

Tags
binder, collector, instructions, storage