Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-30-2007, 01:33 PM   #1
MomofTFfan
Classic line

My son got Bumblebee, Astrotrain and Mirage from the new Classic Line (all deluxe sizes). At the Tranformerscon he was looking for Soundwave. There was a Soundwave in good condition for $45 (we also saw one in bad shape, same time for $40 at another booth) and some of the big tape versions. But just didn't have the money for them. He was drooling over all the tapes.

Will Soundwave be in the new Classic Line?
MomofTFfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 01:40 PM   #2
Protoman
The Legend
Re: Classic line

Soundwave TECHNICALLY is already part of the Classics line. Hasbro reissued the original Soundwave toy that you are seeking in a packaging very like that of the Classics line. It's a Toys R Us exclusive, runs about 29.99. Also check out the Transformers Titanium line for a 6 inch transformable diecast Soundwave with a different spin on his original G1 design. As well as later in the year we will get a 3 inch mini Soundwave diecast figure from the same line. If you wish to go full circle with your Soundwave love, also pick up the Cybertron Soundwave version which is a interest take on the character. Hope this helps

Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 02:36 PM   #3
RedOktobre
Alternator

Many "older" TF collectors like the Classics line (like myself).

Unfortunately, the Classic line is not extensive and is very limited. Many collectors want to see their favourite G1 characters in the Classic line.

To make matters worse, the Classic line is probably finished now since the Movie line is coming out. A writer at Wikipedia pointed out that the Classic line is basically a "filler" line. It was intended to "fill in the gap" between the end of the "Cybertron" line and the beginning of the "Movie" line.

I wish that Hasbro would continue to classic line. They should have treated it like a separate independent line like the Titanium line.

RedOktobre
RedOktobre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 02:52 PM   #4
Black Cat
Animated

You're not the only one who wishes they would continue it.

It's already becoming more difficult to find a large selection of them, never mind just a large amount. Although, I guess it doesn't help that I had to stop purchasing them after I got my hands on Starscream.
Black Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 07:17 PM   #5
Stryder Wolfe
Generation 1

I just have to chime in here to highly recommend the hasbro "classics" reissue Soundwave if you haven't got a g1 soundwave already. My buddy got him and he's a real treat to transform and mess around with, with his nice tight joints and coming with both laserbeak and ravage...I thought the chest being modified from my original soundwave would bug me a lot but it real doesn't and he's an excellent toy...
Stryder Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 08:04 PM   #6
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions

its a shame that they couldnt just reverse engineer a g1 soundwave figure to get the proper tape deck, or even better, reverse engineer an original soundlbaster to get the double deep tape deck. i remember having the original soundwave, and it was quite the figure. the only downside was that the knees and legs couldnt bend in the proper human way. hopefully they've changed that on this reissue. i dont think it would take that much retooling. a top notch figure.

on another note, the titaniums soundwave looks very odd in every single image i've seen of it. the lower torso just looks way too long. but when i actually saw it in the box in person, the whole thing doesnt look as strange. at that point i decided to pick it up.

6ti soundwave is truly a figure that can only be appreciated in person. and it comes with laserbeak too.

as for cybertron soundwave, i havent handled him yet, waiting for it to arrive this week, but i've heard he's one of the best figures in the cybertron line as a whole.

the cybertron legends scale soundwave is kinda blah. i wouldnt really recommend it.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 09:01 PM   #7
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon

Like I told Eric at BotCon last year i'm glad they went with the double tape deck, it was never released that way in North America before and makes it more collectible. I wasn't going to buy it if it came with the single tape deck.

Anyway as to what characters will be released in Classics if the line continues... I guess we'll just have to wait and see
Old 05-06-2007, 09:44 PM   #8
Poho
Generation 2

i was never able to find a Soundwave reissue, which makes me pretty pissed. come to think of it, i never found Ramjet either

also, noobzor.
Poho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 10:14 PM   #9
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Sorry I got the last one at the con :P

On the good new side I believe I read somewhere the the classics line will be continued after the movie. Don't ask me where I read it but it was somewhere.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 10:39 PM   #10
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepp View Post
its a shame that they couldnt just reverse engineer a g1 soundwave figure to get the proper tape deck.
Myself, I'm happy with that variation because it works great with the G1 Squawkbox tape combiner I just acquired.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote