Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews

Old 06-28-2011, 10:00 AM   #11
chans formers
raff ow roud
Re: Transformers: Dark of the Moon Review Thread(Spoilers)

^what cheersian said;p

after digesting it over night,some things were left open......

what happened to brains and wheelie?

what happened to the decepticon hatchlings that megs was hand feeding in the beginning?

who was the decepticon constructicon combiner?how did he die?did he die?(the one that had arms like the cloverfield monster)

was brains somehow related/cloned from que?they share the somewhat same hairdo and chrome noggin.

what were the decepticons on the moon doing laying dormant for so long?

what happens to the rest of the cons around the world that were setting up the pillars?

what happened to longhaul?we see him transscan into a wastemanagement garbage truck,but then you don't see him again.

funniest moments imo,
the washroom scene with mr.wang;p

john malkovich coddling with bb

wheelie saying "what the fffff".....

Last edited by chans formers; 06-28-2011 at 10:00 AM. Reason: can't spell
chans formers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 11:00 AM   #12
Pascal
Banned

How was the 3D?
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 11:07 AM   #13
Cheers Ian
twitter @cheersian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Jetfire View Post
How were the Wreckers??
They are AWESOME. They're "Assholes"

British and Scottish Assholes!!

Totally not what I was expecting.

Leadfoot seems to have the most screen time of the three. Topspin has the least.
Old 06-28-2011, 11:11 AM   #14
PrimeCron
Metroplex
PrimeCron's Ebay Auctions

STUPID ME for reading thread ... months of waiting for the DOTM movie to have my need to watch the movie shattered in minutes...

Feedback link...
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=27458
PrimeCron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 11:45 AM   #15
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheers Ian View Post
They are AWESOME. They're "Assholes"

British and Scottish Assholes!!

Totally not what I was expecting.

Leadfoot seems to have the most screen time of the three. Topspin has the least.
GOOD! I was really worried about them coming off as White trash Nascar fans...
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 11:49 AM   #16
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeCron View Post
STUPID ME for reading thread ... months of waiting for the DOTM movie to have my need to watch the movie shattered in minutes...
What's wrong about it?
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 11:59 AM   #17
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon

I had the opportunity to attend an advance screening of Transformers Dark of the Moon last night in Toronto thanks to the fine folks at Paramount. I do want everyone to know it is so much better than Revenge of the Fallen and worth seeing in 3D. I came out of ROTF disappointed with so many aspects of that film, to the degree that it gave me a long lasting disinterest in Transformers collecting after 10 years. DOTM made me care about the Movieverse again. It was a solid movie. Not because it was about Transformers, but because it was well done.

The first Transformers movie left a feeling of awe for many of us in seeing our childhood brought to life in the live action movie environment. The sequel disappointed alot of people including myself. This third film in the trilogy does a great job of finishing the story in a way that left me satisfied.

One of the things that jumped out at me while I was watching Dark of the Moon was the contrasts in some of the aspects of this film and Revenge of the Fallen. Take Sam's new love interest Carly for example. Her personality is so much more positive than Mikaela was, and I thought it helped reflect a change in the direction of this movie. (It doesn't hurt that she is better looking, sorry Brad) The new human characters had excellent character development, and the inclusion of Buzz Aldrin, JFK and Nixon into the film was a nice touch. Patrick Dempsey's character was a good plot twist; come on, you know no one is that nice unless they want something from you. Sam's parents once again had some well delivered one liners that will make you laugh out loud. John Malkovich's character steals the scene in his introduction. Former Agent Seymour Simmons's charcter wasn't as annoying this time around, and Frances McDormand was believable as the Secretary of Defence. Alan Tudyk was great, he delivered some great scenes. Shia LaBeouf once again did a good job keeping us involved in the story.

Leonard Nimoy was a great casting voice for Sentinel Prime. His distinctive voice returning to the Transformers franchise after 25 years was great timing and felt right.

If you want to remain spoiler free stop reading now.

There is no Silverbolt. If there is he is a background character that has no impact in the film.

Barricade is back! He is clearly fighting along with the Decepticon invasion.

There are no twins. Thank god. Skids and Mudflap are no where to be found.

Q went out like a bitch.

The Wreckers were decent.

Ironhide had a flash back to 2005.

Optimus Prime's final battle with Megatron was even better than last time. And seeing his trailer on screen made me feel like a kid again for a second.

The Decepticons were brutal in their assault of the humans, executing them as they run for their lives.

Shockwave should have had more character development or lines. Only Boba Fett can get away with just standing there and being the fan favorite villian. Although his snakes were cool.

The CGI was amazing; at no point did I think, wow, that looks fake.

Plot wise we are looking at the combination of elements from 2 G1 episodes: Megatron's Master Plan where the Autobots are exiled from Earth and primarily The Ultimate Doom where the Decepticons use space bridge technology to try and bring Cybertron to Earth. I'm not going to tell you how the entire movie plays out but I have a feeling Ehren Kruger took inspiration from G1.

If you don't take anything else from this article let me tell you this. I'm a G1 collector, and lost interest in anything movie related following ROTF. You owe it to yourself to see this movie, in 3D. I still have a grin on my face today. 9/10.
Old 06-28-2011, 12:01 PM   #18
Ultra Maverick
The Bow Tie Guy

Spoiler alert!!!

Loved the movie, I would agree it's the best of the trilogy, I have to say that I wasn't a big fan of the robots with hair (Q and Brains) but I can get over that.

This time around I noticed a lot of the battles were easier to follow, maybe the 3D added to this, but I was never confused with what was going on during the epic fight scenes.... and these ones were epic, Mexican Standoff anyone?!!!!

Favourite part though was Megatron sitting in the Lincoln memorial throne!

What really shocked me in the end was Prime killing Megatron, it was kind of really cold blooded, Megatron basically just saved Optimus and for his reward he gets an axe to the face, and I think he was trying for a truce.... or was that between Megatron and Sentinal, not sure.

Regardless, loved the movie, and I'll be back again before weekends end.

Last edited by Ultra Maverick; 06-28-2011 at 12:11 PM.
Ultra Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 02:12 PM   #19
Cheers Ian
twitter @cheersian
Re: Transformers: Dark of the Moon Review Thread (Spoilers)

Well here’s my thoughts on DOTM as a whole.

It was a damn good film. It wasn’t perfect but it was damn good.

It has a good story, which takes some elements and references from G1. It was also really cool to see that they tied in legitimate American/World history into the story. Buzz Alden’s cameo was pretty cool.

The GOOD:

I thought many of the Human characters were much better this time around. Patrick Dempsey’s character was awesome and it was great to see a human villain for once. Rosie Huntington-Whitely surprised me with her acting ability and the Carly character was much more enjoyable than Mikeala ever was. She seemed like she genuinely cared about Sam. Sam was good as usual. His character was a bit too goofy at parts, but He was very bad-ass towards the end of the film. It was great to see his “girly scream” again.

Optimus Prime is a maniac. That’s all I’ll say about that.

Lennox and Epps were great as usual.

Frances McDormand was good as the secretary of defense.

Loved the fact that the Wreckers all had various Scottish/British accents. Glad they weren’t stupid stereotypes of Southern folk.

Loved Wheelie and Brains. I really want a toy of Brains now.

Loved the way Megatron looked and acted in this film. You could tell he was slightly defeated and broken and was happy to let Sentinel Prime do all the work. His current Voyager toy really doesn’t do him justice.

Great plot twist with Sentinel Prime becoming a Villain.

Great that we got more Soundwave in this movie.

Lazerbeak talks. It actually worked.

The 3D was amazing and unobtrusive.

Steeljaw (the robo puppy) is not in the film!

The BAD:

Some of the characters had VERY goofy traits that just went too over the top at points. John Malkovich’s character just went too over the top, especially in his scene with Bumblebee – it was almost like he was getting aroused by him.

Ken Jeong’s “Wang” was just BIZZARE as well. Again, a little too over the top for my liking – and I usually love Ken Jeong.

Simmons was hit and miss, sometimes he was great, other time he just seemed a little too bizarre/eccentric, especially with how he dressed and the senile/half dressed butler he had. His sidekick “Dutch” was a weird character as well. Frances McDormand’s character I found had a few too many “odd” traits as well.

I personally found these characters along with Sam’s parents and his personality at points, it just got a little ridiculous. I think you only really need one weird/eccentric character per film – just made things too silly at points.

Autobot Dino – Dumb name, stupid Italian stereotype. Cool looking character though. Not used enough.

Autobot Q – Ugly then died. Kinda pointless – gave Sam some super weapons.

Megatron’s Head minion – Weird.

Not enough Shockwave. Like Super_Megatron said, only Boba Fett can get away with doing so little yet being so bad-ass.

Not enough Soundwave. Better than Shockwave, but we needed more classic Welker!

Much like Bonecrusher and Demolishor, it seemed like the villain that does the most damaged, in this case Shockwave’s Worm/Snake dies the quickest.

The UGLY (Or just stuff I find meh or what doesn’t make sense)

So I guess Prime got the Matrix back? Guess it didn’t get destroyed….

How did Sam end up with Mikeala’s dog?

So what happened to Brains and Wheelie? They thought they were going to die, yet the ship really didn’t crash that hard.

What the fuck was with Frances McDormand’s character changing into Nikes at one point?

Optimus can destroy damn near everything he goes near, yet gets tied up in a few cables?

Where the hell is my Garbage Truck Transformer toy?!

In conclusion, go see this movie! Much like Super_Megatron said, ROTF kinda killed my interest in movie stuff, but I’m hooked again now. I really want to start picking up movie toys again! Can’t wait to get the Human Alliance Wreckers and Soundwave.

I’m REALLY hoping we get a Leader Class Megatron and Shockwave!
Old 06-28-2011, 10:06 PM   #20
chans formers
raff ow roud
Re: Transformers: Dark of the Moon Review Thread (Spoilers)

a thought just occurred to me, silverbolt was in the movie,but like supermegs said,background role.(like stratosphere in rotf)
he was the white luxury plane that the mean new head lady was riding around in. call sign 4500x,it even had autobot logos on it along with a gold stripe down the length of it.

also.....how did prime get his trailer/flight-tech back from shockwave???