Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-01-2020, 09:26 PM   #1
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus
Price of MPM-10 Starscream

Holy crap, did anyone notice the price for MPM-10 Starscream?

I thought the movie line was always going to be more affordable than the G1 MP line. Guess I was wrong. MPM Megatron was $250 CAD (or less depending on where you bought it from). I'm also sure that MPM Megatron is larger than this version of Starscream. Man, Takara/Hasbro will continue to gouge our wallets further...

I'm definitely going to wait for the ko of this guy.

(Didn't mean to use the listing on A3U's website to make my point. All e-tailers are selling MPM-10 Starscream at the same price).

Last edited by ssjgoku22; 05-01-2020 at 09:28 PM.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 10:11 PM   #2
TheSwipe95
TheSwipe95
Re: Price of MPM-10 Starscream

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
Holy crap, did anyone notice the price for MPM-10 Starscream?

I thought the movie line was always going to be more affordable than the G1 MP line. Guess I was wrong. MPM Megatron was $250 CAD (or less depending on where you bought it from). I'm also sure that MPM Megatron is larger than this version of Starscream. Man, Takara/Hasbro will continue to gouge our wallets further...

I'm definitely going to wait for the ko of this guy.

(Didn't mean to use the listing on A3U's website to make my point. All e-tailers are selling MPM-10 Starscream at the same price).
That's A3U's price (and pretty much everywhere else's). The proper price, per Hasbro/Takara's announcement, is $149.99 USD (about $210 CAD). I have no Idea why everywhere is posting it for $140+ CAD, other than for greed.
TheSwipe95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 10:17 PM   #3
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSwipe95 View Post
That's A3U's price (and pretty much everywhere else's). The proper price, per Hasbro/Takara's announcement, is $149.99 USD (about $210 CAD). I have no Idea why everywhere is posting it for $140+ CAD, other than for greed.
Yeah, that's weird. All of the American e-tailers like TF Source, The Chosen Prime etc. have it listed for $240 USD. Some of the asia e-tailers also have it listed for $240 USD.

I just checked Robot Kingdoms site (a Hong Kong e-tailer) and they have it listed at the $149.99 USD price.

That's really odd that everyone is marking it up nearly $100 USD.
Old 05-01-2020, 10:43 PM   #4
predahank
Storing is hoarding

They might be giving themselves a buffer in case shipping is more expensive in the future due to less flights. $100 usd extra is still pretty outrageous so I'm not defending the pricing by any means.
predahank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 11:31 PM   #5
joshimus
Metroplex

Yeah, if that's past the 300+ range i'll still with ROTF Leader Screamer and my giant awesome 3A Screamer.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 12:48 AM   #6
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshimus View Post
Yeah, if that's past the 300+ range i'll still with ROTF Leader Screamer and my giant awesome 3A Screamer.
Or you can get the ko when it releases. I purchased the ko of MPM Megatron and it was better quality than the official (it was actually painted and it made some minor engineering changes that made the robot mode slightly cleaner). It was a little over $100 vs. Takara's $250.
Old 05-02-2020, 08:45 AM   #7
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Well considering the price trajectory of all MP lines from HasTak, this doesn't surprise me, if true.

After being a near completionist for the MP line I have bailed. The prices are just too damn high (��). I'm out.

Just sticking with main line stuff now.
canprime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 10:10 AM   #8
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
Or you can get the ko when it releases. I purchased the ko of MPM Megatron and it was better quality than the official (it was actually painted and it made some minor engineering changes that made the robot mode slightly cleaner). It was a little over $100 vs. Takara's $250.
Your KO is all plastic. There were no engineering changes. Some of the rubber parts got replaced with harder plastic though.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 10:20 AM   #9
optimusb39
Animated

Quote:
Absolutely agree with this. The paintjob is so much better!
optimusb39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 03:31 PM   #10
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Your KO is all plastic. There were no engineering changes. Some of the rubber parts got replaced with harder plastic though.
The official looks like the ko in comparison though. The official is straight up unpainted plastic (looks nothing like how he's supposed to look). The ko has diecast in the lower legs and some on the arms.

Last edited by ssjgoku22; 05-02-2020 at 03:39 PM.