Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 03-16-2018, 08:33 PM   #191
Yonoid
Nexus Maximus
Re: Tru flyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chigimus View Post
No, the current deal is Buy one get one half off, not buy 2 get one half off. The coupon is buy 2 get 1 free with the condition that the freebie has to be of equal or lesser value. By your logic, that's 20, 10, and scan the coupon to wipe out the other 20. I see what you mean, but that shouldn't work. Why would they take off 20 when there's a lesser value item already available to wipe out?

It should be 20, coupon wipes out the 10, and 20. If things had worked out as intended, it should add up to $40. That's why I think this was manually entered and therefore Maple got the benefit of the cashier's screw up. YMMV.
I think it has to do More with their system. I bought 4 deluxes in a transaction and the bogo discount didn’t show up until they hit enter or some thing. Then the line item shows the $10 and $10 off.

I applied the $20 coupon after that which applied to the whole order. Probably in the 2 for 1 coupon it just removed the last item which happened to be $20.

I had a 15% off r club coupon which didn’t work on top of that though.
Yonoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 08:53 PM   #192
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
No, the current deal is Buy one get one half off, not buy 2 get one half off. The coupon is buy 2 get 1 free with the condition that the freebie has to be of equal or lesser value. By your logic, that's 20, 10, and scan the coupon to wipe out the other 20. I see what you mean, but that shouldn't work. Why would they take off 20 when there's a lesser value item already available to wipe out?

It should be 20, coupon wipes out the 10, and 20. If things had worked out as intended, it should add up to $40. That's why I think this was manually entered and therefore Maple got the benefit of the cashier's screw up. YMMV.
Hmmm, good point, unless the coupon was applied FIRST in the system and the half off thing wound up being applied SECOND. I mean if one takes priority over the other that's possible, though I'm not 100% sure. The Winter Savings coupons did come out first after all. Could be a tier system kind of deal.
Old 03-16-2018, 09:35 PM   #193
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper6 View Post
Hmmm, good point, unless the coupon was applied FIRST in the system and the half off thing wound up being applied SECOND. I mean if one takes priority over the other that's possible, though I'm not 100% sure. The Winter Savings coupons did come out first after all. Could be a tier system kind of deal.
When I realized how good the total was, I paid and then bought 3 more deluxes. Then I got to see how it happened. I didnt writ it down, but it was something like this:

(9.99)
(19.99)

The system sees them all as the same price, 19.99, so its not like the cheaper one is free. You get one half off, due to the BOGO offer and then another free due to the coupon.

And for the other question, it went smooth as butter, I didnt realize until the total came up when it was time to pay, I was expecting to see 40$. They just scanned the ticket and the system did the rest.

The odd dollar is a donation for autism.

The computer also allows the 10% off coupon to stack too.

Last edited by MapleMegatron; 03-16-2018 at 09:47 PM.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 05:38 AM   #194
Chigimus
Masterpiece

OK, I tried it out with the wave 1 prime masters earlier tonight and now I realize what's going on. The discounts are somewhat multiplicative, not additive and are calculated independently from each other based on the original price. That's why the "lowest" item doesn't become the freebie from the coupon.
- 8, 8, 8
- The BOGO-50% means $4 comes off to be divided evenly over 2 "linked" items: 6, 6, 8
- The B2G1F coupon means $8 will have to be divided evenly over the 3 items as well which works out to be $2.667
- My refund values on the receipt worked out to be $3.33, $3.33, and $5.32.

Last edited by Chigimus; 03-17-2018 at 05:46 AM.
Chigimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 09:28 AM   #195
ngnaw
Armada

Quote:
OK, I tried it out with the wave 1 prime masters earlier tonight and now I realize what's going on. The discounts are somewhat multiplicative, not additive and are calculated independently from each other based on the original price. That's why the "lowest" item doesn't become the freebie from the coupon.
- 8, 8, 8
- The BOGO-50% means $4 comes off to be divided evenly over 2 "linked" items: 6, 6, 8
- The B2G1F coupon means $8 will have to be divided evenly over the 3 items as well which works out to be $2.667
Excellent work! I was trying to figure this out without actually going to buy something. In the end it's a 50% off deal!
Old 03-17-2018, 11:54 AM   #196
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
- 8, 8, 8
It went pretty smooth right? But I don't know why you say the savings are multiplicative rather than additive when all they're doing is adding savings on top of each other.
Old 03-17-2018, 12:39 PM   #197
Chigimus
Masterpiece

Yes, it was all automated, no manager approvals required, no manual fudging of the prices. I'm only phrasing it as multiplicative because in my mind, if it were additive, the manipulation of the B2G1F coupon pricing would've been determined inclusive of the BOGO-50% results, but as I said, the breakdown of the coupon is based on the original prices. In other words, if it had been additive, this is how it would've worked out:

- 8, 8, 8
- 6, 6, 8
- supposed additive discount would mean $6 would need to be divided over 3 items, not $8. So the result would've been 4, 4, 6 otherwise.
Chigimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 01:24 PM   #198
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngnaw View Post
Excellent work! I was trying to figure this out without actually going to buy something. In the end it's a 50% off deal!
Even more if you add the 10% coupon. The system will accept it, but the cashier might not so ymmv.
Old 03-17-2018, 01:48 PM   #199
joshimus
Metroplex

Where did people get the Hasbro coupons from?
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 01:59 PM   #200
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

No good TF's at my TRU yet so bought some Marvel Legends instead
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote