Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-22-2008, 12:11 PM   #41
Hound
Robot in Disguise
Re: Universally Satisfied?

Thanks for the feedback Sureshot22. What is it about the mold that you don't like? Colour, transformation, appearance? Convince me before I buy it!
Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 12:28 PM   #42
pandaprime
aficionado!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound View Post
Thanks for the feedback Sureshot22. What is it about the mold that you don't like? Colour, transformation, appearance? Convince me before I buy it!
annoying little propellers...

Feedback thread:Cybertron.ca
Items for sale thread: Selling TFs
pandaprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 12:30 PM   #43
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

I think there are a few things wrong with Tankor (*cough Octane):
1. The "comb of death" weapon has to be removed during transformation and I'm not a huge fan of removing pieces to transform something...takes away from the fluidity of the transformation. As a bonus at least the comb isn't his only weapon unlike Movie Ratchet, or BW Ramulus.

2. The truck mode has an open back which exposes the split in half plane cockpit.

3. The size...his plane is a C-130 Hercules which is a big friggan plane and it drives me nuts when Powerglide being an A-10 Warthog which is 1/3 of the size of a C-130. So I would have been happier if Octane was an ultra and Powerglide be made into a deluxe.

All these aside though I love Octane...its the only updated version we have of the character and the fact that he's still a triple changer makes me happy. Not to mention he has 2 guns while keeping his tall, slender figure you can put him in some really cool gunslinger poses. I highly recommend getting him.

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 12:43 PM   #44
Sureshot22
look behind you. tee hee
Sureshot22's Ebay Auctions

see thats why i originally got him. some seem to like him. i just think he is horrible. but to each their own.

the props are very annoying as is the weapon having to come off during transforming like was said.

i personally dont like how the alt modes look. but again being a triple changer i guess you have to take what you can get.

personal opinion, i just think its a really crappy figure compared to all the other awesome classics that have come out like prowl, sunstreaker etc. they look awesome in all their modes. tankor IMO looks like garbage in all of his.

just buy it at wallymart like i did and then you can do like i did if you also think he is garbage.
Sureshot22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 10:18 PM   #45
crimbot
Some Guy

Just opened up my Universe onslaught and he is Damn Great. My favorite Universe Figure so far... I just love big bad decepticons!!
Old 08-22-2008, 10:49 PM   #46
Sigma Magnus

Got Powerglide & Heavy Load a few days ago.

Heavy Load's great, but the one gripe I had was the design of the cannon, it made holding Drillbit a bit of a challenge.

Powerglide is great as well, but the only problem with the figure was a QC error with the little pegs on his sides that connect to the wings to form his arms, & that was the fact that the pegs were a little oversized. Let's just say, some shaving of the pegs had to be done to fit.

Anyone else have this QC error with Powerglide?

Also known as ShiningKnightSilverbolt on Seibertron.com.
Also known as TheDarkOfNight on Youtube. {youtube.com/user/TheDarkOfNight}

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

Last edited by Sigma Magnus; 08-22-2008 at 10:53 PM.
Sigma Magnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 03:02 AM   #47
Stoneclaw
Stoneclaw's Ebay Auctions
Send a message via MSN to Stoneclaw

Onslaught is an amazing figure, he is probably one of my favorites, Powerglide is kinda retarded. Deluxe would have been a better fit for him. I think an Ultra Shockwave would be sweet
Stoneclaw is offline   Reply With Quote