Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-11-2008, 10:55 AM   #1
Hound
Robot in Disguise
Universally Satisfied?

I've been toying with the idea of buying some of the Universe line but I thought I'd ask you guys first about how you've felt about them.

Do you like them? How do they fit in with the rest of your collection? I have movie and alternators and wondered how they'd fit in. I guess they'd be alright around my movie line figures but how do guys that actually have them feel?

Are they alright quality-wise? PoS? Fill me in!
Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 11:05 AM   #2
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon
Re: Universally Satisfied?

If you love G1 you have to buy this line.
Old 08-11-2008, 11:27 AM   #3
Optimus_Prime
Teensformer

The Universe line combined with the Classics line seems like the most important line IMO. We're even getting past molds represented in the line as well as past characters. I don't see anything bad about this line. It represents G1, the most important TF line, and other TF lines from the past. I would definitely recommend getting this line.

Optimus_Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 11:27 AM   #4
crimbot
Some Guy

The new Universe figures are only like a 6 or 7 out of 10 as far as figures go in my opinion, which aint bad. I just think they feel a little bit cheaper than the classics did. I have all the classics already, so I plan on getting all the Universe as well.
I just think it's a personal preference. You like the toy? buy it! My Ninja turtles don't fit in with the TF's but I got em anyways
Old 08-11-2008, 11:31 AM   #5
Code of Honor
Twitter: @Seikaku09
Send a message via Skype™ to Code of Honor

I don't really like G1 but I love these. I have figures from every line starting at Beast Wars and up, and they'er just the same as all rest, they'er Transformers how could they not fit in the other Transformers.
Code of Honor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 12:21 PM   #6
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Megatron View Post
If you love G1 you have to buy this line.
I would have to say this. It is G1 updated with modern articulation, etc. A must buy so far!

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 12:55 PM   #7
aximili
Machine War

I totally agree that this Universe line is a must if you want cool updated versions of G1 characters.

I'm going to skip the tiny Legends (I might get Cosmos though in case they never make him a bigger main toy) and Robot Heroes. But the main line so far has been fantastic with cool transformations that aren't frustrating.

I know they're calling it Universe so they can put whatever they want in it, but I'm a little baffled as to why they are making up characters (Yes, I know technically they're all made up) and calling them "Classics Series".

Heavy Load, Dropshot, Storm Cloud? They may or may not be based on a character that appeared somewhere in a comic, but I've never heard of them. And this seems to be limited to Decepticons so far, which kinda sucks because they already make more Autobots and I like to have some sort of parity with the sides. I guess I'll buy Heavy Load and call him Mixmaster. Any other ideas on how I can justify buying the others?

Oh and Yay for the Beast Wars classics too! They're old enough to call them classics now and I'm finally old enough to buy them all! I still remember saving all my allowance to buy Inferno...
aximili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 01:02 PM   #8
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Get them

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 01:15 PM   #9
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aximili View Post

Heavy Load, Dropshot, Storm Cloud? They may or may not be based on a character that appeared somewhere in a comic, but I've never heard of them.
I know some Universe toys don't sport the "CLASSIC SERIES" label. Is it the case with those redecos (especially those of older molds)?
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 01:20 PM   #10
Hound
Robot in Disguise

*sigh*

Now it looks like I don't have a choice but to get them. I love the G1 characters and I love the newer style transformations and articulation. Sounds perfect to me but my wallet just shed a tear. All I have to do is be selective... yea that's it... selective...
Hound is offline   Reply With Quote