Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-16-2007, 10:13 PM   #1
Hound
Robot in Disguise
The Movie at Home

Just finished watching the movie at home and, dare I say it, I think I enjoyed it even more here then in the theater.

I don't have an HD DVD player (yet) though I do have a 51" HD widescreen TV with a good player using an HDMI cable. I found that I could see the action better and more clearer than at the theater.

Is this the exact same as the theater release? I mean, I only saw it once there but it just seemed to flow better, especially the battle in Mission City. May just be the smaller, clearer picture and the fact that I had seen it before.

One other thing I noticed was that while in the Witwicky backyard OP only said "my bad" and "oops" once each. Hearing all the complaints online about how he said such comments about half a dozen times actually convinced my that he had. This second viewing didn't seem to drag it out that much. Did they edit it?

It's probably just my shoddy memory...

P.S. Am I one of the only ones who actually watched the movie first before looking at any of the special features?
Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 10:44 PM   #2
Nyghtwynd
Robot in Disguise
Re: The Movie at Home

I watched the special features first and now watching it as i type with commentary (at the S7 Pursuit scene), and yeah, maybe you're the only one lol
Nyghtwynd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 10:54 PM   #3
Nightbeat

The main differences I have found are that (at least to me, I might be nuts) the bass overall and the music seem to be a bit muted from their original theater versions. Part of this is my setup at home versus a full size theater of course.

Because of this, I find the dialog much easier to hear.

And oddly enough, I actually appreciate the score even more now. Enough to make me feel better for spending 25 bucks to get it shipped here.
Nightbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 11:43 PM   #4
Hound
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyghtwynd
and yeah, maybe you're the only one lol
Thought so... lol. But it might have something to do with only seeing it once in the theater and being pretty sure I saw much of those featurettes before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightbeat View Post
And oddly enough, I actually appreciate the score even more now. Enough to make me feel better for spending 25 bucks to get it shipped here.
That's what I had thought too - I really enjoyed the score this time, even with bass sounding full. I'm awfully tempted to pick it up.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:57 PM   #5
darthrage
Beast Machine

Its great!!! You can catch so many things you missed in the theaters. I watched it 9 times in the theater and I still didn't catch some things.

And to top things off, I can see things more clearly because its not a giant screen and not sure where I should focus my eyes on. I remember people said the camera was too shaky during the action but actually when you watch it at home (I have a 42" HD LCD), I don't find any shakiness at all.

I can't get enough of that Mission City battle!!!!
Old 10-16-2007, 11:58 PM   #6
Nyghtwynd
Robot in Disguise

Did anyone catch after watching the movie the menu after? with the teaser, the ad for autobotsrollout.com, and the Iron Man Trailer?

LOL i love it how they used that song for the trailer :P
Nyghtwynd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 12:01 AM   #7
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

I found it a little easier to see everything that was going on as well on the smaller screen. Maybe I was too close when I watched it in the theatre(twice). But I did find the action scenes much easier to follow on the small screen.

And I watched the Beginnings Prequel first as well, so you may still be the only one Hound. I'm waiting to maybe pick up the two disk one with the robot heroes in the states soon, so I'll wait till then for all my bonus feature watching.
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 12:10 AM   #8
Paradigm-Shift Prime
Unit Warrior

I find the action scenes to be much better of a watch on the smaller screen at home. I've just watched the normal dvd on an hdmi-cable dvd player/tv (26" wide) and the characters seem much less blurred out and scrambly. Since the movie is all about the last battle for me (not a fan of the hollywoody human elements), this made the @home watch nice n enjoyable!
Paradigm-Shift Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 02:11 AM   #9
Protoman
The Legend

Also the 2nd Extras DVD has some secret "easter eggs" in them, just go into any of the menu selects (the main, Our World, Their War, ect) and push up, down, left or right till your icon ends up off the normal track. You will have the "Casting of Mojo", The Bay Bot, Another cut scene from the movie and the credits.
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 03:20 PM   #10
Hound
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyghtwynd View Post
Did anyone catch after watching the movie the menu after? with the teaser, the ad for autobotsrollout.com, and the Iron Man Trailer?

LOL i love it how they used that song for the trailer :P
Ya, that was a nice surprise that I forgot to mention. I had heard about the Ironman trailer and was really happy to see it there. The song's a natural for the movie!

So, am I still the only "First Disc First" oddity?