Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 11-03-2020, 10:02 PM   #111
CyberDragon10K
Predacon Rising
Re: Earthrise appreciation thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonoPrime View Post
If you can manage to knock the pin itself out, then you may be able to reset it. I dont have my copy near by so Im not sure how accessible that part is.

You could also try a little lube to help with the tightness. Ive done this on a few bots before but it can be hit ‘n miss with the overall success.
I sent an e-mail to Hasbro directly asking them for input on this. No idea what to expect, but I'll start looking into how to knock out the fatheaded pin I guess. Got shock oil to spare, but the plastic bottle lid has cracked over the years (stopper is fine though).

Thanks for your input.
CyberDragon10K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 08:56 PM   #112
RodimusRocks
Machine War

Don't know how you guys feel about the Prime Wars trilogy and the toys that came out of it, but as a new collector who has been loving WFC and it's G1 accurateness, seeing the earlier line's molds, particularly Combiner Wars they all look horrible to me.

Big blocky chunk boys with weird proportions and cheap looking alt modes. I specifically despise Optimus and Motormaster. They look so bad to me.

At the time did people actually like what Combiner Wars was doing?
RodimusRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 09:57 PM   #113
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodimusRocks View Post
Don't know how you guys feel about the Prime Wars trilogy and the toys that came out of it, but as a new collector who has been loving WFC and it's G1 accurateness, seeing the earlier line's molds, particularly Combiner Wars they all look horrible to me.

Big blocky chunk boys with weird proportions and cheap looking alt modes. I specifically despise Optimus and Motormaster. They look so bad to me.

I did and still do. I agree Optimus as a motormasger retool isn't great, and motormaster ended up being mediocre in two modes and a LOUSY torso. Aerialbots were great, superion was great. Bruticus is great. Defensor I'm less hyped on but I enjoy his limbs quite a bit. The breakdown robot mold is meh. Dead end is great. I enjoy victorion. UW computron is outstanding though perhaps he doesn't count. Potp abominus is same thing, and is awwwwesome. Titans return deluxes are almost all out fucking standing across the board.

You're right that is a different aesthetic. But I might suggest it's a faithful "modernizing" of the various combiner designs. They were all fairly chunky. CW Magnus smokes siege imo. CW Megatron was amazing. I miss proper legends class and am glad they are returning for kingdom with core. Cw had fun small dudes.

I would say the biggest issue was the vast amount of repaints. None of them outside maybe trailbreaker looked good.

I dunno. I'm also not a slave to g1 accuracy. Siege and ER have their own issues. Pick your poison of course! There are good toys in each line imo.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 10:47 PM   #114
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:

Yeah, didn't care for anything combiner wars after War for Cybertron came out. Titans Return has some good looking figures though.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 09:33 AM   #115
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Quote:
CW HotSpot single-handedly pulled me back into TF collecting after a huge downtime, thought he looked awesome in-box at the store

Yeah there's some duds but I honestly love combiners, ever since Scramble City it the coolest gimmick bar none
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 01:02 PM   #116
Pascal
Banned

CMDstore has some Kingdom Core Class figures in stock (Rattrap and Optimus; Vertebreak is sold out).
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 03:06 PM   #117
NightshadeX
Robot Master
NightshadeX's Ebay Auctions

Quote:

Combiner Wars (actually I stuck with Unite Warriors) was awesome (to me). I loved the heck out of it, and I still do. After the shrinking of Deluxes that occurred during Thrilling 30, it was nice to see full-size Deluxes again. And to have a fully functioning combiner gimmick after the monstrosity that was WFC Bruticus: also awesome.

To have a premium Devastator with six Constructicons, also awesome.

The mold re-use got insane, for sure. And turning non-combiners into combiners was weird (although I still like the UW molds). But to get real scramble city combiners, it was great. Even if Motormaster might look weird, the other three of the original 4 torsos are solid. And UW Computron is excellent.

Titans Return and POTP were also good. TR was great to get classic headmasters back, and pseudo targetmasters (I suppose you need to like those years of G1 toys). The "turn everyone into headmasters" was a bit much, like CW, but still some solid toys.

POTP was definitely the oddity of the trilogy without much of a defining trait to them. It was great to get all five Dinobots again in correct molds, and Abonimus. But the sticker-tastic explosion... not so great.

Having said that, I definitely like Siege and Earthrise and I think the attempt to have a scale between them is pretty great. Siege and ER and SS 86 feel like they will be my definitive takes on the characters they release, but I will never knock CW or TR for the core characters they brought us that I would be skeptical if they would re-do them again.
NightshadeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 03:17 PM   #118
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightshadeX View Post

Titans Return and POTP were also good. TR was great to get classic headmasters back, and pseudo targetmasters (I suppose you need to like those years of G1 toys).
huge! The post s3 toys get very little love, so Titans Return and POTP were awesome in that regard.

If you take out the "let's repaint everybody into s1/2 cards," CW is much stronger with the actual scramble city teams.

Anyway, of course people "actually lked what they were doing then."

I think Siege is mostly a misfire. I think ER is better, with crazy shit like Quintessons, a dynamite Datsun mold, ER Wheeljack is beautiful... Grapple is an example of being too G1 for its own good.

Old 11-06-2020, 08:29 PM   #119
NightshadeX
Robot Master
NightshadeX's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
huge! The post s3 toys get very little love, so Titans Return and POTP were awesome in that regard.

If you take out the "let's repaint everybody into s1/2 cards," CW is much stronger with the actual scramble city teams.

Anyway, of course people "actually lked what they were doing then."

I think Siege is mostly a misfire. I think ER is better, with crazy shit like Quintessons, a dynamite Datsun mold, ER Wheeljack is beautiful... Grapple is an example of being too G1 for its own good.
I was liking Siege when it came out but really you are right. Didnt they freaking redo almost every s1/2 release that was in siege in earthrise except the lambo mold (astrotrain was basically an early earthrise)?

With rumoured ultra Magnus in kingdom, siege is kind of an annoying line in retrospect. I love the quintesson and alicons and such in earthrise. But I will admit I liked getting cog, brunt and sixgun in siege
NightshadeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 12:13 AM   #120
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightshadeX View Post
I was liking Siege when it came out but really you are right. Didnt they freaking redo almost every s1/2 release that was in siege in earthrise except the lambo mold (astrotrain was basically an early earthrise)?

With rumoured ultra Magnus in kingdom, siege is kind of an annoying line in retrospect. I love the quintesson and alicons and such in earthrise. But I will admit I liked getting cog, brunt and sixgun in siege
The weaponizers were my favorite part! Especially cog. The rest can kick rocks.