Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 11-08-2007, 11:17 AM   #1
Poho
Generation 2
@#$% CANADIAN TIRE!

I don't know about everywhere else, but the two Canadian Tire stores in my area are having huge 50% off sales this week. I went to check and see if they had any TFs, and luckily they did! They had them priced at 16.99, but i was thrilled when i noticed the talker that said WAS 16.99, NOW 8.49. I was like "SAWEET" and i grabbed Longarm and Payload and went to the cash. The girl rang them in and they came to 38.00. I said no way, they're on sale for half price, I'll show you the talker. So she went off for five minutes and talked to somebody I guess, and came back with Dxe Dreadwing and said "He says that it was only this one that is on sale because it was from last year."
I told her that was bullsh*t, but she was too airheaded to know what was going on, so I just wound up paying 16.99 for Longarm (I couldn't find him anywhere else in town). I'm seriously considering going back and talking to the manager. Dreadwing certainly isn't from last year.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
Xbox Live: Mr Poho
Poho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 11:33 AM   #2
Benzo
Plastic Crack Addict
Re: @#$% CANADIAN TIRE!

all movie toys were released this year and dreadwing was released last month... you should go back and talk to the manager.
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 11:38 AM   #3
tilallr1
Robot in Disguise

Not just a @#$% CANADIAN TIRE problem. But bascially a WALMART, ZELLERS, SEARS, TOYSRUS, etc ... problem. I have been shafted in this way by every major department store. Even when I have talked to a manager. So what do I do, I complain to corporate. Get a friend "We Don't Give a @#$%" email from them and that is that. Store officially black balled. Customer Service has really gone down the crapper.

Here let me give you an example, of my bad Sears experience. Went to exchange something at Sears. Didn't have a receipt, but this was a clearly marked Sears product which had a NO wear policy. If you must know it was for my son who is 5 months old. A button no longer buttons. So we are told that they cannot do a exchange without a receipt, store policy. Tried to explain that the policy makes absolutely no sense since this is a Sears clothing product (Clearly printed inside the clothing) and it has a NO wear and tear guarentee. Therefore I should be able to exchange without a receipt (Especially since NO ONE keeps receipts after about 6 months to a year on such a cheap item $6). Well apparently not. Talk to manager and they said nope. Talked to corporate and they said thanks for your feedback and that was it. WTF.

Sorry for the rant, but #1 reason I will never, ever by from Sears. They have been officially black balled in my books.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:22 PM   #4
optimus_mike83

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilallr1 View Post
Not just a @#$% CANADIAN TIRE problem. But bascially a WALMART, ZELLERS, SEARS, TOYSRUS, etc ... problem. I have been shafted in this way by every major department store. Even when I have talked to a manager. So what do I do, I complain to corporate. Get a friend "We Don't Give a @#$%" email from them and that is that. Store officially black balled. Customer Service has really gone down the crapper.

Here let me give you an example, of my bad Sears experience. Went to exchange something at Sears. Didn't have a receipt, but this was a clearly marked Sears product which had a NO wear policy. If you must know it was for my son who is 5 months old. A button no longer buttons. So we are told that they cannot do a exchange without a receipt, store policy. Tried to explain that the policy makes absolutely no sense since this is a Sears clothing product (Clearly printed inside the clothing) and it has a NO wear and tear guarentee. Therefore I should be able to exchange without a receipt (Especially since NO ONE keeps receipts after about 6 months to a year on such a cheap item $6). Well apparently not. Talk to manager and they said nope. Talked to corporate and they said thanks for your feedback and that was it. WTF.

Sorry for the rant, but #1 reason I will never, ever by from Sears. They have been officially black balled in my books.
I can see where you're coming from...but really, a $6 shirt that you've owned for close to a year, and you're complaining they didn't give you a new one? I really don't think that's an example of bad customer service, at least not to the scale you are implying.

OP - definitely go back...make sure you bring the manager to the aisle if you have to, unless they have removed the sign.

Personal story: my gf and I were buying a new set of dishware for our apt... there was a sign directly below our dishes saying $20 off. we brought the item to the cashier and it scanned without the sale...so she called a guy and he went and checked. came back, said there was no sale sign...i went and looked - the guy had actually taken the sign off the shelf. it was ridiculous.
optimus_mike83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 01:01 PM   #5
tilallr1
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimus_mike83 View Post
I can see where you're coming from...but really, a $6 shirt that you've owned for close to a year, and you're complaining they didn't give you a new one? I really don't think that's an example of bad customer service, at least not to the scale you are implying.
But isn't that the point. Its the principle of it. Its a $6 shirt and they have a NO WEAR guarentee on the item. I should be able to return the item in 500 years and still get the exchange as there is no limit in terms of time. The trick that they fail to mention is HANG ON TO THE RECEIPT. Otherwise the guarentee means nothing. They KNOW most people will not return the item and those that might have thrown out the receipt because its such a cheap item. Its a scam bascially to encourage you to buy their products. It was this guarentee that encourged us to buy from them, but after that fiasco, why would we be paying more for nothing. As Sears does overcharge usually.

The bad customer service came in that they said that the policy required a receipt but could not produce this policy in tems of writing in terms of their guarentee. Gave us a really hard time about it and orginally kept us waiting in line for over 30 mins. Which was unacceptable, especially when the manager was standing around and not at the cash. We saw alot of people walk away and not purchase items who waited in line for alot shorter a time. So yah I would say that was horrible customer service.
Old 11-08-2007, 02:32 PM   #6
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3

I would agree with you on this. If they offer that guarantee, they should stand by it (receipt or no receipt)... especially if it has the word SEARS stamped on the tag.

I've passed on Sears purchases many times because I can't find any sales people to help me. Gotta love the quality customer service you get today.

Edit: Here is something from Sear's Website that you might want to print:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sears
Our KidVantage® Wearout Warranty is simple:
  • it covers all children's apparel and footwear as long as the child for whom you bought the item continues to wear the size
  • if the item wears out, Sears will, at its option, either repair or replace it with the identical item in the same size, or if it's unavailable, a similar item of equal value in the same size
  • it covers children's sizes from infants' up to 18 in apparel, and up to senior kids' size 6 in footwear, with proof of purchase
  • all replacements or repairs can be handled through your nearest Sears Catalogue location
The KidVantage® Wearout Warranty does not apply to:
  • hosiery and underwear
  • any item sold at any Sears Outlet store or online at Sears Outlet web site
PRICE GUARANTEE
Sears will not be undersold on any Children's Fashions, Footwear or Nursery items. We will match any competitor's price on an identical item. Excludes all items in our Outlet stores or online at Sears Outlet site.
LINK

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.

Last edited by jourdo; 11-08-2007 at 02:36 PM.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 07:33 PM   #7
Dark Rage
白人看不懂

Quote:

I know your side has its merits, but the main reason that a receipt is essential is because as far as they know, you could have just picked that item from the shelves and claimed you bought it, or, that you stole it and tried to exchange it for another item or refund it.

I work in retail, and it's pretty fundamental, despite what you think. Paper documentation is fundamental when it comes to buying products and proving that you bought it.

Next time you buy something and don't plan to use it for a long time, better keep the receipt, no matter how insignificant the item is.

The receipt or invoice is especially important for big ticket items or items under warranty of course.

Claims of requesting the store to double check with your debit card or credit card to verify that you purchased it is just as ridiculous; they're not going to spend a lot of time and manpower just to verify if a customer bought something. Sorry to tell you this, but the customer is NOT always right.

The general consensus is that the larger the retailer, the more flexible the return policy is. Small businesses don't even have a return policy (or only exchange policy), unless it's defective, sometimes not even. However, no matter what the retailer size is, the store recepit is always needed.
Dark Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 07:52 PM   #8
BadJeff
Bite my shiny metal ass!

Agree.... You've gotta have receipts, always been that way, always will be. No receipt= recipe for fraud.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:59 PM   #9
Icetron

On-topic: I checked my local CT but the deluxes were regular price, self-scanners didn't work so I went to the cashier.

Less on-topic: I saw a lady get mad at two customer service people at Sears since they were talking about where to eat during their break or something and looked too lazy to help the lady out, so she got really mad and threatened to report to their manager. The manager came but she didn't really care...great service isn't it?
Old 11-08-2007, 11:59 PM   #10
optimus_mike83

no way man... poster above me said it right - there is no proof to show that you actually paid for that item. if you knew about the policy, and intended to use it if the garment wore out, why would you not keep the receipt?

it's a $6 shirt...sorry, but you're out 6 dollars. lesson learned.

Quote:
The trick that they fail to mention is HANG ON TO THE RECEIPT. Otherwise the guarentee means nothing. They KNOW most people will not return the item and those that might have thrown out the receipt because its such a cheap item. Its a scam bascially to encourage you to buy their products. It was this guarentee that encourged us to buy from them, but after that fiasco, why would we be paying more for nothing. As Sears does overcharge usually.
optimus_mike83 is offline   Reply With Quote