Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-07-2007, 08:25 PM   #21
Paradigm-Shift Prime
Unit Warrior
Re: TF Collecting tendencies

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfan101 View Post
I pretty much collect anything that transforms after G1. My favourites would have to be characters that are homages to the G1s because I love the G1 story and its characters personalities but I hated the overall stiffness, inaccurate, and fragile nature of the G1 toys. At least with the new stuff if it breaks (rarely does) its not hard to replace it. Only ones I don't collect would be LoC, Attackix, and 3'' Titanium. My favourite would have to be Ultra Magnus which I finally accuired (170 figures later) in the RID form which I may customize if I can get a second one to add some more light blue and red on him.
Inaccurate?
Paradigm-Shift Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 01:21 AM   #22
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Want examples besides WAY OFF sizes *cough metroplex?
Ironhide and ratchet vs. show versions,
Wheeljacks "Laforge" face/ape arms,
Pretty much every minibots head and arms,
Mirages toy head different from show,
Seekers with wings coming out of their legs and behind instead of their upper back,
Megatron's oversized scope cannon/trigger crotch/pistol barrel at the side,
Perceptors toy face had a mouthguard,
Blaster was just way to big to be playable with any other figures,
Omega Supreme missing a face,
Jetfire...well if that one wasen't obvious,
Astrotrain never having show accurate colours,
WreckGar's huge head,
Broadside had 2 different faces on the show neither similar to the toy,
Sandstorm's tv buggie mode wasn't close to the toy,
Superions toy lacked a mouthguard,
Galvatron had wrong colours and was another one of those "just to big" in comparision to everyone else,
Swindles transformation in the show totaly differnt from his toy,
Vortex didn't transform into the same helicopter as his toy,
Octane's arms that just did not disappear,
Cyclonus's toy had a different transformation and an oversized head,
Reflector ... well take the body of the middle piece and add it to the head of the other blue bot and you get something close to the show but then you'd be missing two more bots to make the camera mode

.....and thats just the obvious stuff
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 11:42 AM   #23
theLostSeeker
Generation 1

Quality over quantity is my motto. I only collect the figures that appeal to me, that's all. My favorite lines are Alternators and Masterpiece, but that doesn't mean I don't buy TFs from the other ones, on the contrary.
theLostSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 12:22 PM   #24
Nightscrabbler
mississaugascrabble.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradigm-Shift Prime View Post
Inaccurate?
Think he meant 'inarticulate'. Crossed wires.
Nightscrabbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 09:31 PM   #25
Dinobot Swoop
Machine War
Dinobot Swoop's Ebay Auctions

For me, like a couple others, it's the homage factor that does me in for a fig, which is why I love Classics so much (and probably why I dished out more cash than I should have to get Robotmaster Starscream, TC and Skywarp; heh) or the fact that I'm always looking for either a good ol' version of this or that character or the 'Ultimate version' of any character that homaged in more recent lines like, say, G1 Grapple whose more current version (IMO anyways) would be Energon Roadblock. Same goes for Cybertron Downshift (Wheeljack), Smokescreen and the TFCC Ironhide and Ratchet figs. Names don't matter that much to me anymore either, well not since kitbashing Super Link Hot Shot Fire into Bluestreak anyway. And I usually go for the best version, whether domestic or Japanese, and the more iconic characters if I decide to get the Japanese versions (i.e. Tele-Waspinator) because of the prices and all.

This usually get me to purchase to many versions of one character, as in the case of Classics Astrotrain and the club exclusive Astrotrain. Both are great - and I still have my G1 original BTW - but I sometimes wish I'd have waited a while longer to get the Classics version as I find that the club exclusive fits in better with the rest, even if he doesn't transform into a train at all. Meh. "Doubled" characters or "outdated" ones usually get stored away, or even given away as in the case of most of my Armada figs, making my friends' little boys very happy. 'Cept for BW Dinobot that is. Have and will keep all these for as long as I can.

What else is there... Combiners! I can never get enough of combiners and am trying to get the Classics Devastator set even tho' I have the Energon version. Had to import the Super Link Aerialbots because the Japanese version was just that little tad better looking (yeah, yeah, smudge s and globs of paints and everything), and the reissue Predacons where a must on my list and now sit proudly on my computer desk at home. And then there's dinosaur alt-mode TFs, like the Dinobots and most of the Beast Wars Neo bad guys I HAD to get.

Other than that, not much. Used to depend alot on the 'wow' and 'weird' factors, which led me to purchase all the Fuzors and to much of RiD/Car Robot (still regretting that Baldigus purchase tho'...), but that's cooled down quite a bit of late. Did get Titanium 6" Soundwave 'cause I'll probably never see the reissue in store and that Rodimus Prime fig calls to me every time I see it. The movie Real-Gear stuff I'll probably end up getting, too.

God hates you and doesn't want you to have toys.
Dinobot Swoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 10:49 PM   #26
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Put the green limbs from your energon Devastator and replace the black ones on the classics Devastator and you get a sick looking figure.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 06:59 AM   #27
Dinobot Swoop
Machine War
Dinobot Swoop's Ebay Auctions

Yeah, I saw some pics of this some time ago. It does look pretty sweet.

God hates you and doesn't want you to have toys.
Dinobot Swoop is offline   Reply With Quote