Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 02-27-2014, 11:54 PM   #1
badusername
Generation 1
FedEx International Shipping - Brokerage Fees

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience shipping/receiving internationally with FedEx and if they could comment about applicable brokerage fees. I'm interested in purchasing an item worth $15 USD, to be shipped from the States up here to Canada using FedEx International Ground Shipping. However, I have no idea how much (if anything) I'll get charged for brokerage fees - I've looked online for any information on how brokerage fees are calculated, what the minimum price of an item seems to be for a brokerage fee to apply...basically I need to figure out how much in brokerage fees I'd be spending on an item of this value. Does anyone have any experience with this shipping type or a link to how FedEx calculates this? much appreciated!
badusername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 12:00 AM   #2
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus
Re: FedEx International Shipping - Brokerage Fees

I'm not sure what they charge in brokerage fees, but if the item is under $20 it should not be hit by any customs/duties/taxes by Canada Border Services.

If it's not subject to anything like that, it's difficult to see why they should charge you any brokerage fees at all. But I'm sure they would still charge you some mandatory amount...I'm going to say in the $5 to $10 range...but that's a pure guess.

Is regular USPS not an option?

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 12:50 AM   #3
badusername
Generation 1

The only option available is the FedEx international ground shipping, which I've never used before. I researched some of the differences between services like FedEx and USPS, and the brokerage thing was the only big difference as far as I could tell. When I looked up experiences that others had when using FedEx, the fees were a large amount but they were also buying high-valued goods. I just couldn't find any info/documentation on anything in the price range I have listed above, but your answer helped sort things out, so thanks!
badusername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 12:53 AM   #4
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!

My father recently ordered something by FedEx from the US. Had to pay tax only. No customs or brokerage.
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 01:12 AM   #5
Abraxys
With full honors.

15$ is safe. But for the future avoid fedex and ups like the plague. Got charged 40$ for a 75$ item once.....never again.

Abraxys is offline   Reply With Quote