Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews

Old 12-08-2010, 05:21 PM   #1
Ozrein
Stunticon
Transformers Ongoing - #14 - Discussion

I just picked up this comic and had some thoughts.

Spoilers ahoy, if you dont want spoilers, then stop reading. This is your one and only warning.

I liked it overall, it definately seemed like a 'filler' issue though. Progressed the story a bit and left the end open for the next, what I assume to be, BIG issue. And I cant ever complain when we get Soundwave art and Stunticons in the same issue.

The only thing I found strange is Rumble's colouring (yes I'm refering to Rumble being the blue guy). The cover got it right but inside is weird. He looks like Ratbat, being two shades of purple instead of the appropriate shades of blue. Unless I'm missing something and this is a new bot.

I also liked the Megatron gun. But found the last page rather weird, it's supposed to be Megs but I thought he was rebuilt in the last issue, did they lose his head somewhere along the line? I dont remember that in AHM. Something doesnt quite add up.

However the use of such a weapon at least makes sense how it did so much damage to BB.

Also I didnt really notice him much before but I'm really liking Brawn in this IDW-verse. That would be a kick-ars toy, imo. Kind of similar to his ROTF version but much more G1-Brawn-y.
Old 12-10-2010, 10:24 PM   #2
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag
Re: Transformers Ongoing - #14 - Discussion

I'll agree it was a bit of a slow burn, but it was interesting and I i think it sets things up nicely for what ever happens next, so it's fine with me. I wouldn't call it filler because if you remember last issue, that was filler.
Old 12-17-2010, 12:37 PM   #3
SMOG
zombicon

The comic got it WRONG... double wrong.

Rumble IS the red one. Always was in every source except the G1 cartoon, which frankly... just got it wrong. New versions of G1 Rumble toys are also always red, so if you don't believe me, then believe Hasbro.

The reason this is a double screw-up is because Rumble was already established to be the red one in IDW's continuity. So they pulled a switch for no good reason.

However, if you ARE in the oldschool G1 cartoon camp, you shouldn't be complaining about the colours... the interior art shows Rumble in his true G1 cartoon colours: purple & blue!

Seriously... go back and watch the cartoon. Rumble was never coloured like Frenzy. He was always lavender and blue. If you're going to give Rumble G1 cartoon colours, you should at least get them right.

zmog
SMOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 01:32 PM   #4
Protoman
The Legend

Not a bad issue, but I think this is just a bridge into #15 which is when the shit really goes down.
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 02:40 PM   #5
Ozrein
Stunticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
Not a bad issue, but I think this is just a bridge into #15 which is when the shit really goes down.
I'm really hoping so. I'm looking forward to the smack-down Megatron will be handing out over th next few issues, since the action so far in the ongoing has been lackluster, imo.

For that reason, I'm starting to prefer the original 'ation sets, they were long enough to convey a decent story and plot but short enough to keep the action moving along.

Even AHM ended up having to have a couple 'filler' issues just to get to the full number of issues in the series... of course then they did another 4 to tie everything up.

Still, I'm glad to be seeing a more unified style being used over the past few issues. I do like the movie/kind of classic/kind of alt-bt/kind of MP hybrid designs.
Old 12-18-2010, 03:18 PM   #6
Fireflight
Machine War

I think the biggest improvement in this issue was the use of fully colored eyes instead of just the movie-verse pupils.
Fireflight is offline   Reply With Quote