Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-28-2007, 09:20 AM   #1
danaustin1975
12 G1 Transformers - what are these things worth?

SCROLL DOWN TO THE NEXT POST FOR PHOTOS

Hi there,

thank you for reading my post.

I'm not a Transformers collector, and infact I've just come on here to find out anything I can about some old Transformers my Dad pulled down from the loft, so any info such as the value or interest (if any) of these figures would be really appreciated.

I can't figure out how to upload photos on here yet, but I have the same post on RebelScum and there are photos on there, the link is;

http://threads.rebelscum.com/showfla...vc=1&PHPSESSID=

I was considering selling them recently, but on second thoughts decided against it (mainly because they make nice ornaments to look at and they're a piece of my childhood). And besides, I had no clue what price to ask of them, has anyone any ideas?

Although I'm clueless to these figures, I do know something about grading, I'm a star wars collector, and although the C scale can be personal, I'll try my best to grade them, though I don't know to be honest if the C scale works the same for Transformers as it does for Star Wars figures, they all have slight wear to stickers, and the occassional rubbing to the plastic:

Optimus Prime (complete and with trailor) C8.5 (slight wear around the window edges)
Soundwave (complete and with buzzsaw) C8.5
Ramjet (I think)(complete) C8
Grimlock (missing sword) C8
Warpath (complete) MINT
Battletrap C8.5
Swerve (C8)
Flywheels (C9)
Topsin (C7 - a leg doesn't transform)
Jazz (C5 - in need of repair)
Prowl (C5 - in need of repair)
Galvatron (complete) MINT
danaustin1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 10:32 AM   #2
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3
Re: 12 G1 Transformers - what are these things worth?

The reply in the thread you linked makes sense. Check eBay completed listings to see what things are going for currently.

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 10:50 AM   #3
Aernaroth
Metroplex

Sorry for being vague, but they are worth precisely as much as you can find someone willing to pay for them.

If you wanted, you could post a thread in the buy/sell/trade forum, see if anyone makes any offers, and that would give you a rough estimate. Also, if the offers seem like enough to you, then you can sell them right then and there.
Aernaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 11:30 AM   #4
danaustin1975

thank you guys, I appreciate your response, I really do. I'm going to check ebay now and then and see if I can find some listings for the same figures as mine, I just wondered if these figures were common that's all. I saw someone on RebelScum offering to sell a Soundwave C7 for $90 and that made me think, they're not that much are they?

I won't sell these though, I just wondered about their value to Transformers collectors.

Thanks again.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:53 AM   #5
the.mitten

I'd have to agree that ebay will give you a good range. For example, I've seen Soundwaves, Grimlocks and Optimus Primes go for as low as $30-$40, but as high as $80-$90. With ebay, it's all about timing. Supply and demand, so obviously if 100 other people are selling Soundwaves you won't get as much for them. Your figures look in decent condition too, so you'd be able to get good value for them if you one day decide to sell.
the.mitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 04:13 PM   #6
Mega_Zarak
Generation 2

I think 90$ for a C-7 Soundwave is way too much. Anyone paying that much is crazy. A 30$-40$ price is more realistic.
Mega_Zarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 04:58 AM   #7
danaustin1975

Yeah, that's what I thought, and I'm not a collector.

I've checked out ebay and been watching a few of the Transformers I have, and the prices are variable, a Grimlock went for £16, while there was a couple of buy it nows at £30 odd so I think about £16 is about right. I think Optimus Prime is the most valuable one that I've got, on average, he was going in the £20's region.

Thanks guys for your help. When I've finished collecting certain star wars things, I might just start getting a few Transformers (the boxed items look really good) and go from there - so I might join you on here in the future as a fellow collector.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:00 AM   #8
RandomFerret

Stuff is worth twice as much now as it was this time last year. And it will be worth half as much by this time next year. This is what happens when they take a retro property and make a movie out of it, all the old stuff shoots up.

If you ever want to sell, do it now.