Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-14-2014, 03:07 PM   #11
Deception
Crossover
Re: Transformers series question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzwing View Post
I think it's really up to every collector's individual interpretation of what they want to display together. I display my FOC toys with all my CHUG stuff as well for an example.

Again, it's up to your own discretion. I think the Universe 2.0 line is very much a continuation of the Classics line. The original Universe line, not so much.
this. as of right now my "chug" collection i'm going for a new "modernized" version of every g1 character that came out. i've been swapping out/updating characters that i feel made them more g1ish eg: taking out gdo swerve for the new legends swerve. my aim is not however getting multiples of the same character from the chug line eg: foc bumblebee and rts bumblebee and i'm sticking to mainly g1 characters so not planning on getting a generations armada starscream. i will still buy figures like waspinator because they're just awesome figures to begin with but they currently have no place in my shelf. as for third party figures, i like the scale of green giant and i try to get my combiners close to this scale as possible. so no tfc figures for me. mmc feral rex on the other hand is an exception to this because he's an awesome figure.

Last edited by Deception; 05-14-2014 at 03:12 PM.
Deception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 11:11 PM   #12
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions

Universe was it's own sort of continuity.

Classics came after, and was continued in RTS, Gen, etc.

Big retail don't like to carry "old" lines so Hasbro just has to change the name every so often. It's more or less the same line.

The IDW comics kinda throw a wrench into things as far as dividing and uniting series of figures. They borrow from a number of different incarnations across the multiverse for the characters that you can kinda blend different things together in any number of ways.

I mean, does the Generations Deluxe Armada Starscream go with the AEC figures, or with the Classics? Would there be a separate IDW section now? Since it's the "same" character and design, would Armada Voyager Starscream also go in with the IDW figures? What about War for Cybertron/Fall of Cybertron Starscream?

Since that breaks many rules, just display them and pose them how you like. Imagine your display as a bridge in the entire multiverse. Just make sure it looks awesome.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 01:03 PM   #13
jtkv
Robot Master

The problem with the IDW comics line is they have been miniaturized, same as the Prime/Beast Hunters line.
So they don't fit, scale-wise, with the older CHUG lines.

I have decided will display my figures in the following groups:
Animated
Classics, Universe 2.0, Generations, RTS
Prime
Beast Hunters
IDW
Movie-verse, HTFD, and others in any remaining spots :-)
For Sale List thread
jtkv is offline   Reply With Quote