Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews

Old 10-29-2010, 09:46 PM   #1
Perceptor
Alternator
Hunt for the Decepticons Terradive Review

I am starting this thread as I am looking for fellow members who are kind enough to provide some reviews. I got him but am not sure if I should open/keep him yet. So if any of you have insights that would be much appreciated. Many thanks.
Old 10-29-2010, 10:52 PM   #2
GMfan
Robot in Disguise
Re: Hunt for the Decepticons Terradive Review

Please only post completed reviews in the reviews forum

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 11:45 PM   #3
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind

Don't have it, but check this out from TFW

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transf...view-pics.html
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 11:04 PM   #4
zuffyprime
Fortress Maximus

Youtube has some good reviews. Transformation seems amazing, but legs pop off VERY easily
zuffyprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 03:56 PM   #5
Perceptor
Alternator

I finally opened my Terradive and answered my own question. I was lucky and got a figure that had no loose joints and no problem with transformation and fitting pieces together.

So here is my simple review:

Alt Mode: Nice jet and the orange works quite well, the stuff underneath is fairly well tucked away in jet mode compared to other jets.

Transformation: Intricate and takes patience. Some parts when you pull them apart they feel like they could break... but didn't.

Robot Mode: Awesome posability... a lean figure that could be posed to look tame or very feisty/nasty.

I am glad I got him. Too bad some people have trouble with joints etc.
Old 11-06-2010, 01:25 AM   #6
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
Nexus Maximus

I picked this guy up on rollback a couple of days ago and just got around to opening him up today.

He's frikin' awesome, and might just displace Beast Machines Deluxe Jetstorm as my favourite jetbot. His transformation is extremely complex yet it's not really difficult; all the pieces have room to move, none of them have to occupy the same space at the same time, everything pegs together securely and it's usually pretty intuitive what you have to move next. The first time I transformed him I only had to glance at the instructions to see how the leg-wings were supposed to be arranged; everything else just went naturally.

His robot mode is very well-articulated along with being just plain good-looking. I'm amazed at how compactly his torso fits together despite being made up of about half a million parts all folded against each other. His leg articulation is decent but not amazing (ball-and-swivel hips, hinged knees that can't quite manage a 90-degree bend, no side-to-side ankle articulation) but his arm articulation is exceptionally good, with hinged and swiveled shoulders, double-jointed elbows and rotating wrists. He's also pretty much entirely free of restrictive kibble, making him very easy to pose.

His weapon is unusual for a jetbot, being a spear that transforms into a trident (yes, on top of the robot's transformation the weapon also transforms) and he can hold it in both hands and look great doing it. It also stores nicely on his back when not in use. He's also got a clip on his shoulder that can fit one of the new style interchangeable weapons that everything seems to use these days, although he doesn't come with anything to put into it.

The jet mode has a bit of undercarriage junk but overall it's a lot slimmer in person than it looks in the pictures. The spear can also be stored facing forward, with its tip hidden under the plane's body rather than sticking out the back. This gets in the way of the front landing-gear, though, so make sure you decide on whether you want him to be flying through the air or sitting on a runway before you attach the spear.

Overall, the only thing I'm not sold about with this figure is the colour scheme, but I'm sure Hasbro will offer some more variety on that front in the coming months. As far as the mould goes, he's absolutely awesome and I recommend him without reservation.

EDIT: IT looks like his knees actually bend a bit more than 90 degrees. Not sure why I couldn't manage that before.

I also have no problems with joint looseness on mine. Everything holds together nicely.

Last edited by Whisky Tango Foxtrot; 11-06-2010 at 02:09 AM.
Whisky Tango Foxtrot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 03:44 PM   #7
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

He is awesome, I may have to repaint one it into a GIJoe X-30 conquest

One thing I did notice is that the last pic in the instruction manual has a slightly different head, maybe an upcoming remold or a late change in design?
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 03:49 PM   #8
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus

I have him, really cool transformation, colours are a little bright, but all in all very good.

Only issue I have is his left hand is a little loose and pops off, but I haven't had any issues with the legs. Everything folds in and clips in nice and snug. One of the best original molds we've seen in a while, imho.

I think he'd make an excellent base for a movieverse Slipstream.

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote