Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Cybertron.ca Marketplace > Wanted Items

Old 01-24-2018, 03:27 PM   #21
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions
Re: Need help e-bay nightmare. ( prime FE cliffjumper Head)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MULTIPLEX View Post
Your envelope probably ripped or tore open because it was too thick and got snagged in one of their sorting machines. To have it in the official USPS bag is not something someone can fake unless he works for USPS. I think that was just a coincidence.

The original problem of the head being missing is questionable though.

Let us know how it turns out.

Oh and definitely make him file a case. You may have to cut your losses but make him go through the hoops at least. It's not easy to win against a "not as described" claim without pics or video to prove him wrong. The burden of proof is on the seller I believe.
Agreed on all of the above however there is another option for you depending on how you originally sent it but it could be tough simply because the item was sealed which is the Canada Post insurance but if you didn't pay for it or use a service in which it's included you could be SOL with that option. At this point though you seemed to have demonstrated your case with the second head and working with the buyer so let it play out. I believe eBay will tell him to send it back, the funds will be put on hold until you actually receive the item back and he must prove he sent it back with a tracking number. Best of luck and do keep us informed.
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 04:42 PM   #22
timcrook
Cybertron

You sold a mosc toy. Tell him to contact Hasbro.
Old 01-24-2018, 04:43 PM   #23
Nocturn
Previously Dead

Yeah keep us posted, this is tremendously bizarre through and through - hope it all shakes out decently in the end.

As far as I can tell, you're absolutely not in the wrong, so hopefully eBay sees it that way.
Old 01-24-2018, 04:54 PM   #24
ANDROID PRIME
Robot in Disguise

From ebay.

"We are contacting you today about the Transformers Prime First Edition Figure (eBay item: .......) that you recently sold.

We have reviewed all the information and we have found the buyer has a valid claim covered under the eBay Money Back Guarantee. With this in mind we have decided that the best outcome for this situation would be to have the item returned. With these returns the seller is responsible for the cost of return shipping. To allow time for you to arrange this return we have put this case on hold for 5 days (until 1/29/2018).

Because this is an international return, we cannot issue a return shipping label to your customer on your behalf. The options we recommend to arrange the return are to send your customer a prepaid return shipping label or to send your buyer money through PayPal using the "Send Money" option to cover the cost of return shipping. You can also issue a full refund to the buyer without requiring a return, which will close the case.

If a shipping label is issued to your buyer, we require that you also provide this label to eBay. This will ensure that we are able to confirm that shipping has been arranged and require that the buyer return the item for the refund. This message has been forwarded to your personal email account () from which you can respond with the label attached. Please do not change the subject line as it will help the message get routed directly to us. You can attach up to 5 files at a time (not to exceed more than 5 MB in total size).

If you choose to send money, you will need to reply back to this email with a screen shot of the PayPal Transaction. We will need to be able to see where the money was sent, and the amount that was sent as well. We would also encourage you to provide this information to your buyer through eBay messages.

If eBay has not been notified that return shipping has been arranged by 1/29/2018, eBay will be required to move forward with the claim process. This will result in a full refund being issued to your buyer without the item being returned during the claim process. If eBay has to refund the buyer, you will not receive a credit for the final value fees associated with this transaction.

We appreciate your time and cooperation in this matter. "

Looks like I'm screwed. The figure isn't worth the return shipping costs.
ANDROID PRIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 05:02 PM   #25
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Wow I have never seen that before. I've heard about it though a long time ago. May I ask what your feedback score is as a seller? that might have some influence on the decision they came to
Old 01-24-2018, 05:06 PM   #26
ANDROID PRIME
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by wervenom View Post
Wow I have never seen that before. I've heard about it though a long time ago. May I ask what your feedback score is as a seller? that might have some influence on the decision they came to
100 @ 100% I've never had any issues before and I always try to go above and beyond to make things right. i.e sacrificing the head off of my personal cliffjumper.
Old 01-24-2018, 05:23 PM   #27
Nocturn
Previously Dead

Christ. Sorry.
Old 01-24-2018, 05:23 PM   #28
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

That is most unfortunate. As I said I have never seen eBay implement that before, just sucks that it appears that this guy scammed you and won. Well be sure to block him from any of your future auctions
Old 01-24-2018, 05:46 PM   #29
ANDROID PRIME
Robot in Disguise

Thanks guys.

So I'm still looking for a FE cliffjumper head to replace mine. so currently I'm out 73 USD and 2 FE Cliffjumpers.
Old 01-24-2018, 09:58 PM   #30
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

I'd help if I could, but mine broke the damn socket joint so I'm kind of in the same boat as you, need a new FE Cliffjumper for my collection... Really a shame about this BS. Seriously, the guy opens a MOSC figure and then claims the head was missing... I have bought many Hasbro figures over the years and FE was back before they were cutting costs at every turn and the only time I ever came across a missing piece was with one of the Cybertron Mini-Con two packs.

It's possible the head was missing, there's no real way to verify it though at this point. Really shitty deal. It's shit like this that made me stop using e-bay.