Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 02-09-2012, 04:30 PM   #1
UltraPrimal
Canadian Slag
TFC Hercules: Should I wait or not?

When we first heard MakeToys and TFC Toys were both making their own "Not-Devastators", I was initially leaning towards MakeToys. Mainly because I liked the look and scale of it better.

But now that I've seen the reviews of all 6 of TFC's "Not-Constructicons" and seen the final, completed combined mode, I'm really liking their version better. Especially after seeing reviews of the first 2 Make Toys pieces and seeing how disappointing they are.

And now that all 6 have been released, I can probably scoop them all up at once. Only problem though is all the QC issues I've heard about. Not looking forward to having to "fix" multiple figures that each cost $100 already.

I'm kind of hoping that TFC will release a huge gift set of all 6 with any necessary fixes already done to them. I'm just slightly worried I'll miss out on something, like the red gun pieces. Which would seem like something they'd do as a way to help bring down the cost for anyone who doesn't want to drop $600+ all at once. And also as a way to make the people who bought the individual "Not-Constructicons" happy because then they'll have something "exclusive" that the gift set buyers didn't get. I can also see them doing some minor paint variations(like changing the color of Mixmasters drum and Bonecrushers shovel) to help further differentiate a theoretical gift set from the individual releases.

But my main concern is what if I wait for a hypothetical gift set with all the fixes, and it never comes? What if we just get the individual releases and that's it? And then it sells out and I'm boned. Or what if they do do a gift set, but it's in yucky G2 colors or something?

So, should I wait and see what comes? Or should I just buy them all now?
Old 02-09-2012, 04:36 PM   #2
shabooya
Banned
Re: TFC Hercules: Should I wait or not?

I think it would make no business sense not to offer all figures in one gift set at some point down the line...
shabooya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 04:38 PM   #3
chroma23
douchebag

see if u can get them for cheaper, i got mine for i dunno $70 bucks each locally in hk

BST on cybertron.ca: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=47234
FEEDBACK on cybertron.ca: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=16129
chroma23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 04:47 PM   #4
Pascal
Banned

Wait a couple months for someone to suffer from buyer's remorse. It will happen.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 05:00 PM   #5
Sureshot22
look behind you. tee hee
Sureshot22's Ebay Auctions

i think i would buy them now if you havent and are thinking about it.

i REALLY doubt they will ever have them in a gift set because they know not many people will be able to or want to drop $600 all at 1 time unless they have loads of money just sitting around.

i could be wrong but i highly doubt it will happen personally.

and you could be right about only getting them later in crappy colours (IF) they re-release them that is.

your call but I personally wouldnt wait on it. but i already have them so...

my 2 cents

PSN ID: SURESHOT22

FEEDBACK THREAD http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=9366
Sureshot22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 05:30 PM   #6
juxtapose519
Robot Master

It might be worth waiting a while, but I wouldn't wait TOO long. Just look at the ridiculous markup on City Commander.

Trade | Cybertron Feedback | TFW Feedback | Collection
juxtapose519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 05:33 PM   #7
General Tekno
Lugnut rules!
Send a message via AIM to General Tekno Send a message via MSN to General Tekno

Yeah; not sure how long I'd say to wait.
Old 02-09-2012, 05:38 PM   #8
Akroyer
Nexus Maximus

I was in somewhat the same boat.. I initially was more interested in Giant. But I ended up going Hercules, and couldn't be more pleased.

I just completed mine last week. And so far I have had no QC issues that I have been able to find.

Saying that though, Heavy Labors hips are apparently not QC but flawed. And will go bad if not fixed. But I just posed mine, and that's that. I don't move my stuff around all that much. And I have the replacement part from NB if I need it.

I wouldn't wait. Who knows if there will be a box set, and if there is things could be missing to bring the costs down. As others have said, trying to swallow a $600 price tag all at once would be a daunting task as well to sell to retailers.

Or other runs could be in G2 colors or something. Let alone possibly missing the red gun, or what not.

This was the most I have ever spent in the two or so years since I got back into things. And I was anxious about it. But everything seems fine, he looks amazing. And is very sturdy. He is the choice piece of my collection.

If you can afford him, I would get him now. He was very expensive, and I glad I was able to swing it. Since he was the one big piece from my childhood that I still have. I essentially now have the masterpiece version to stand with him.

Akroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 05:39 PM   #9
racerguy76
Nexus Maximus

Buy 10 sets now so you don't miss out,

or as Pascal says, wait for the buyers remore seller.
Old 02-09-2012, 05:44 PM   #10
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

If you want him and can swing/justify $600, then I'd personally buy them now (if it were me). I'd rather deal with the maybe dissapointment of seeing a slightly cheaper giftset later than missing them (if there is no giftset), or later finding out the giftset is yellow, etc.

Personally, I love how it looks/seems, but there's no way I can drop $600 on one. I can't justify $500 on a FortMax, let alone $600 on a Devastator.

Beautiful though. I'd buy one in a heartbeat if I won a chunk of change in the lottery or something. Or winning one would be a dream.

But $600 is almost a mortgage payment. Yikes.
Do you have Perfect Effect Powermaster Prime upgrades PC-15 (little Ginrai dude) and PC-16 (transforming Prime cab) - or Fans Hobby Powerbaser - and you want some hard-to-get MISB ER / TR figures (the 3 ER Coneheads, Runamok, TR Twin Twist & Top Spin)? PM me if you're interested in working out a trade!
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote