Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 11-03-2010, 12:44 PM   #111
Stapler
Nexus Maximus
Re: Transformers quality control issues of 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfan View Post
I wouldn't use glue at all...some like clear nail polish, I use testors clear coat
Never thought of clear coat! Thanks, bud.

Looking for: - Energon Snow Cat's mini-con connecter piece.

- Hasbro MP Rodimus prime junker (need left shoulder/arm).
Stapler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 09:28 PM   #112
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions
Unhappy PCC limb issues & QC

Been picking up PCC lately with the sick sales (and found a Destrons/CrankCase set). A while back I bought the Destructicons because the drones are sick. Now that I've got more, I realize... man, I got a bad batch.

The dune buggy drone basically slides on. It doesn't click. So as soon as I move the gestalt it comes off. The truck foot doesn't pop on correctly, it wants to slide on at an angle. Too bad I didn't return them originally, because I really like this particular drone set (Mudslinger is w/e) but even with TRU's $15 sale I don't want to rebuy the damn thing.

I've got no issues with the Combaticons, Destrons or Aerialbots (except Skyburst is ass, but I got the set for $12 at Canadian tire & promptly swapped out for Leadfoot). They snap in with an audible click and hold together very well. The line is definitely a mixed bag but I'm enjoying the concept and the more successful attempts.

Just wondering if anybody else has had similar issues with the Destructicons in particular or drone limbs in general.
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 09:30 PM   #113
Dragon Knight
Geass'd
Re: PCC limb issues & QC

I picked up a bomb shock with the sale. On mine, his jeep foot the one with the two missile launchers doesn't seem to want to stay on...standing up it's fine, but if I try to fiddle with it, it pops right out.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:32 PM   #114
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by chans formers View Post
recent ones=

pcc 5pac mudslinger,actually his drones,the left shoulder (dune buggy) and his left leg(red madmax looking car with the cowcatcher on the front),both don't want to stay connected;(
I just posted about this in the general discussion, I have similar issues with the Destructicon drones. The dune buggy simply does not click into place so falls off easily. I'm good with the cowcatcher car, but the other leg, the truck, does snap in but I have to really finangle it. Usually it goes in angled and odd and doesn't quite want to stay.
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 09:52 PM   #115
Larkhainan
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Ro View Post
Just wondering if anybody else has had similar issues with the Destructicons in particular or drone limbs in general.
There's massive QC issues with the PCC line, no idea why it in specific is seeing so many problems - from what I'm told Hasbro QC has dropped in the last two lines, but PCC is a serious hot bed - regardless I've read about tons of issues with them.

A poster from the US on another board had some luck just taking the ones with bad parts back to the store, another took it up with Hasbro directly and they responded by shipping him some other PCCs.

Either way it has kept me from buying any of the line even though some of them look fantastic.
Larkhainan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 10:09 PM   #116
Akroyer
Nexus Maximus

I've had good luck with Bombshock. Had to return the Aerialbots once. And recently when I was transforming them, the leg / hip joint broke on Skyburst. So now, he sits in Plane mode and I use the Searchlight Commander as the main body.

I still plan to get Steamhammer and Grimstone for the 5 packs, and I like the look of the Rallybots. I've been a lot more impressed with the 2 packs. I've been loving the mini cons.

Akroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 10:16 PM   #117
Onslaught
Combaticon Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Knight View Post
I picked up a bomb shock with the sale. On mine, his jeep foot the one with the two missile launchers doesn't seem to want to stay on...standing up it's fine, but if I try to fiddle with it, it pops right out.
So far that's the only major problem I've encountered with the drones. I think the problem is with the connection ports in the drones, they're only being held by little tabs and it would seem that sometimes those tabs don't do their jobs properly ie. are worn out straight from the package or in the case of my armored car drone, completely nonexistent. It would be great if they came up with a better idea for how to connect the drones to the figures, if they choose to bring back the line after the movie stuff.

One other QC problem I encountered was with one of the ball joints on my Caliburst Mini-con. It actually broke off, which surprised me as I was putting little to no force on it while transforming it to gun mode.
Onslaught is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 07:28 PM   #118
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

I've found that several of the leg drones just don't stick on my PCCs. I'm working on a hack/fix, but no luck so far.
Do you have Perfect Effect Powermaster Prime upgrades PC-15 (little Ginrai dude) and PC-16 (transforming Prime cab) - or Fans Hobby Powerbaser - and you want some hard-to-get MISB ER / TR figures (the 3 ER Coneheads, Runamok, TR Twin Twist & Top Spin)? PM me if you're interested in working out a trade!
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 07:32 PM   #119
joshimus
Metroplex

I'm finding a lot of the toys have a few loose joints like Straxus one entire leg is loosish and the PCC combaticons, the jeep won't stay connected at all, even if fit into other combiner bodies.
My biggest issue I came across was Blue Fallen. Of all the customizing and repainting i've done i've NEVER had a toy fall apart where it makes the least sense. His should (not the main one that has the spike thingy but the body peice shoulder) before where the joint is to rotate, crumbled apart. Not the part where the pin is or would make more sense to break, but that actual part on the body. Crumbled off like it was butter...crumbly butter. Plus a few other things but either way, i've NEVER had a toy break like this that I didn't inflict on the toy myself.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 07:45 PM   #120
Akroyer
Nexus Maximus

Just got my Predaking 2010 opened up this evening. And he seems to have a lazy left side.

The peg that folds out from Divebomb to connect into the shoulder is just a tad loose, so as to give a bit of a dip on that side. And I can't figure out what it is, but one leg seems to be slightly longer than the other. So he seems to have a droopy left shoulder and his left leg sits just a shave too low than the right.

And when I unfolded Divebombs wings to fully extend them when combined into Predaking one corner of the sticker was folded back on itself. I was able to fix it, but if you look close you can see the crease.

Akroyer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power core combiners