Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > TFcon Discussion

Old 01-08-2014, 02:20 PM   #1
LadyBug
Generation 2
Travel by Greyhound?

I've never traveled by any other means but car when I travel international. I am considering traveling by Greyhound this year since I am meeting up with friends this year. I won't have any one else with me, so driving by my self for 5 and a half hours + is a long drive. I was thinking of taking Greyhound partially since it's only $72 round trip. And if I tend to buy a bit in the dealer's room, I can always pay the hefty shipping fee.

Have you've took Greyhound international before? And if so, what was your experience like? I haven't road Greyhound in years. But I think it will be the most efficient way to get to TFCon this year.
LadyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 02:59 PM   #2
Slayback
Animated
Re: Travel by Greyhound?

While this was obviously a very extreme case - being stuck on a bus for 5.5 hrs is something i personally would avoid at all costs. That being said -cost is prob something you should factor in.. as well as where the hell does the bus stop? is it in toronto? that sorta thing. i think i would take a flight before a bus trip.

feedback :http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=31815
Slayback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 03:04 PM   #3
Rodimus Prime1
Ride in Style

train might be better, at least you can get up and move around.

I always preferred the train over the bus

Wants: >

Feedback

Collection
Rodimus Prime1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 04:20 PM   #4
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions

I tried it once but the dog was too small and didn't even make it a block before collapsing. I would recommend taking the bus instead.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 01:18 AM   #5
TwinTwistR
OP's windshield scrubber

Haven't crossed the border by bus myself, but have talked with a few friends who have. If the drive takes 5.5 hours by car, then figure at least 8-9 hrs by bus. And then there is figuring out local transit to get from the bus station to the hotel. If the expanded travel time doesn't bother you and you have a good book to read, then sit back, let someone else do the driving, and have fun.
Old 01-09-2014, 02:04 AM   #6
LadyBug
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinTwistR View Post
Haven't crossed the border by bus myself, but have talked with a few friends who have. If the drive takes 5.5 hours by car, then figure at least 8-9 hrs by bus. And then there is figuring out local transit to get from the bus station to the hotel. If the expanded travel time doesn't bother you and you have a good book to read, then sit back, let someone else do the driving, and have fun.
That's what I was thinking. I will be the only one driving from my area that I know of, so unless I can find someone to carpool with, I would rather let someone else who gets paid to drive, to let them drive. Not to mention, gas seems to be going up slowly. Here, it's about $3.45 a gallon. I know it roughly takes slightly less than two tanks worth of gas to get to and from. Luckily, I don't have tolls to worry about, but I'm just trying to think of the cheapest and most efficient way to travel this year.
LadyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 08:37 AM   #7
razin
Canadian Slag
Send a message via MSN to razin

If gas is creeping up there, wait til you see it here. Consider yourself lucky. We avg 4.87 a gal here.
razin is offline   Reply With Quote