Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > TFcon Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 09:12 PM   #121
sarmick01
Canadian Slag
Re: TFcon 2014 Guest Request thread

I never did understand the need to collect autographs. As far as I've ever known when someone writes on something it devalues it. Especially something that is MISB or MOSC. Personally just talking with them is good enough for me.
Old 04-17-2014, 09:50 PM   #122
Knockout
I can't anymore. Done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarmick01 View Post
I never did understand the need to collect autographs. As far as I've ever known when someone writes on something it devalues it. Especially something that is MISB or MOSC. Personally just talking with them is good enough for me.
I don't plan on selling items I get signed ever. It's for my personal collection. But if the guest dies in the future, you can get even more in value for an item that's signed.

As soon as we hit 100 likes we will be having a sale!

Old 04-18-2014, 10:51 AM   #123
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarmick01 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockout View Post
I don't plan on selling items I get signed ever. It's for my personal collection. But if the guest dies in the future, you can get even more in value for an item that's signed.
Yeah, pretty much this. ↑↑↑↑

It's like a work of art. It might be worth something now, but after the actor's pass on and no one can get their autographs anymore, they become worth money.

Do you have any idea how much a DeForest Kelly or a James Doohan goes for these days?
Old 05-08-2014, 07:47 AM   #124
Big Filipino
Protectobot

Having just read through the last few posts, I'm pretty sure the guy who brings his mom does in fact go back in line multiple times and limits himself and his mom to the maximum allotted items each time around. I know him from past conventions and he's actually a pretty nice guy and is not looking to bend the rules for the sake of getting autographs.

My 2 cents on the topic are this: free autographs were fun while it lasted. I can appreciate the need for change and it sounds like it's par for the course when it comes to how other conventions operate.

The introduction of a fee will likely curb or eliminate any desire I had to stand in line and get anything signed. As it is, I am not a big autograph collector but just figured I might as well since they're here and it's free. As others have pointed out, I'd rather pay for a toy than someone's signature.

Last edited by Big Filipino; 05-08-2014 at 07:52 AM.
Old 05-15-2014, 01:50 PM   #125
LadyBug
Generation 2

I'm not even sure why we have a guest request thread since you guys clearly don't listen to us. This year is by far, the weakest year for guests since I've been attending. Clearly at this point, you guys don't even seem to care who you get.
Old 05-16-2014, 09:58 AM   #126
Trailbreaker
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyBug View Post
I'm not even sure why we have a guest request thread since you guys clearly don't listen to us. This year is by far, the weakest year for guests since I've been attending. Clearly at this point, you guys don't even seem to care who you get.
+1

Add that to the fact that they will start charging for autographs and I'm not very imprerssed. Maybe with the start of TFcon Chicago they are planning to drop this event altogether and move it there permanently.

I'm still hoping that they add another name in the next two months though.
Old 05-16-2014, 10:41 AM   #127
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyBug View Post
People have been asking for Su Blu for years, now that is happening. The request thread for every single year has her name in it multiple times.

In the 2013 request thread several people asked for Garry Chalk.

Try to keep in mind that there are a lot of factors that have to come together to attract a guest to a convention.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Old 05-16-2014, 11:50 AM   #128
Trailbreaker
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
People have been asking for Su Blu for years, now that is happening. The request thread for every single year has her name in it multiple times.

In the 2013 request thread several people asked for Garry Chalk.

Try to keep in mind that there are a lot of factors that have to come together to attract a guest to a convention.
I quite enjoyed seeing Garry Chalk, but he was just there a few TFCons ago. I expected more for the 30th anniversary.
Old 05-16-2014, 07:00 PM   #129
Knockout
I can't anymore. Done.

Since I just got laid off on Tuesday, I'm perfectly okay with them not finding someone I want to see. Because then I won't have to figure out where the extra money is coming from so I can see them. At the moment, I've got enough for amenities and my commission pick up.

As soon as we hit 100 likes we will be having a sale!

Old 05-16-2014, 10:06 PM   #130
RageD
Energon

Quote:
This year is by far, the weakest year for guests since I've been attending. Clearly at this point, you guys don't even seem to care who you get.
You must have forgotten about Aaron Archer. That alone is epic. Sue Blu is ALWAYS requested and Gary Chalk is probably the best convention guest I've ever met.