Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-23-2015, 02:03 AM   #31
nuropa
Robot in Disguise
Re: Quickslinger and Brake-Neck, Where and how much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironclaugh View Post
So with the Deluxe Groove... he will only be available in that set... no individual release right?
Takara is not doing individual releases amd claiming there is no oversea release for Deluxe Groove on their site. . No one knows if Hasbro will release one like they do with quickslinger and brake-neck.
nuropa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 02:45 AM   #32
ironclaugh
Armada

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuropa View Post
Takara is not doing individual releases amd claiming there is no oversea release for Deluxe Groove on their site. . No one knows if Hasbro will release one like they do with quickslinger and brake-neck.

Yeah figured. It's a hard choice. I will be able to pick up a complete NA Hasbro Defensor for like 80CAD with clever sales and price matching. So do I live with Rook and just not spend the $200+ CAD so my Defensor can have a Motorcycle leg LOL
ironclaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 03:03 AM   #33
Chigimus
Masterpiece

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanBot View Post
The pull of Hasbro BrakeNeck is just too great. Amazon is offering 10 bucks off if you apply for their credit card.

I'm already getting him via Unite Warriors, but I wonder how different the Hasbro one will be? I have no idea why but I'm almost ready to get both Tak and Hasbro versions

Why?...I can't explain it. Oh well, at least I'm not getting the autobots, right?
There are quite a few differences actually...

Hasbro:

Takara:

In robot mode, the pieces that makes up the bicep swivels, the hands, thighs and collar are all red in Hasbro's version whereas all those same pieces are grey for Takara. The forearms are also swapped where Hasbro has grey and Takara's forearms are red. It's a complete reversal of those colors on those pieces with the exception of slightly different paint apps for the chest and near the feet.

In alt mode, Takara's grey color is uniform across most of the body and the Decepticon badge is centered on the hood whereas Hasbro has a metallic grey app on the hood from the rest of the plastic grey and the badge is offset. The rear window is painted red on Takara where as Hasbro didn't even paint it and left it grey. Hasbro doesn't paint front grill or headlight housings either where Takara painted them black and silver respectively. The red across the sides of the vehicle is less glaring on the Takara version than Hasbro's, but that damn bicep piece causes a break in color consistency for both versions. You either get an ugly vertical red strip that runs below the side windows on the Hasbro version or you the red horizontal skirt is interrupted by grey on the Takara version.

It's SO frustating trying to decide which version to get mostly because of that bicep swivel piece interfering with the rest of the color scheme. Personally, I think Takara's version sports the lesser of the 2 evils, though I liked the thighs of Hasbro's version more. Can't even frankenstein the legs from Hasbro onto the Takara torso because the lower legs are pinned together at the knee and I don't want to lose the red rear windshield that comes with Takara's lower legs. First world problems, right?
Chigimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 03:09 AM   #34
Chigimus
Masterpiece

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironclaugh View Post
Yeah figured. It's a hard choice. I will be able to pick up a complete NA Hasbro Defensor for like 80CAD with clever sales and price matching. So do I live with Rook and just not spend the $200+ CAD so my Defensor can have a Motorcycle leg LOL

Since you're getting Hasbro Defensor for what seems to be lower than what most people would have to pay, you could always sell it for as much or more than you paid if you had to. I would wait a bit longer to see Takara's full color reveal of the set before pulling the trigger on pre-ordering their set. All we have seen so far is a paintless test shot of Groove and none of the color schemes for the remaining 4. It's worth waiting to see how much of a difference there will be. If it turns out the Takara set for the other 4 aren't that much different or somehow worse than Hasbro's from your perspective, it's definitely not worth paying that upmark just to get their Groove.
Chigimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 04:10 AM   #35
ironclaugh
Armada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chigimus View Post
Since you're getting Hasbro Defensor for what seems to be lower than what most people would have to pay, you could always sell it for as much or more than you paid if you had to. I would wait a bit longer to see Takara's full color reveal of the set before pulling the trigger on pre-ordering their set. All we have seen so far is a paintless test shot of Groove and none of the color schemes for the remaining 4. It's worth waiting to see how much of a difference there will be. If it turns out the Takara set for the other 4 aren't that much different or somehow worse than Hasbro's from your perspective, it's definitely not worth paying that upmark just to get their Groove.
Yeah plus... I kind of have a feeling they will retool it to make an Afterburner. If they do... i can always do a custom Groove.
ironclaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 09:50 PM   #36
CanBot
Cybertron

I was never one for repaints and such things, but wouldn't you know it...I'm actually wanting both the Takara AND Hasbro versions of Menasor.

When it comes to shelf space, I cringe at the idea of the whole Combiner Wars in the next couple of years. Where's it all gonna go

I think seeing all the members of all teams as individual bots will make a pretty sweet pic.

And when it comes to marketing, I think Hasbro knows it's on to something huge. I'm sure they haven't seen sales like this across the board in some time. You've basically got the situation where all these deluxe figures are 'gotta haves' if you want to complete the combiner; and even more if you want to complete the teams, with the IDW guys.
Old 05-23-2015, 09:56 PM   #37
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Ordered from Amazon.com but for Defensor I will more than likely get the Takara version and then just pick up Rook for fun. I would rather have the deluxe Groove over the legends one
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 10:03 PM   #38
JohnathanKong
Generation 2

I thought this was a comparison between the Hasbro and Takara version of Defensor, https://www.facebook.com/gikpacbr/ph...type=1&theater. I'm waiting for the Takara version for sure if this is really what's coming out because it has Groove as the leg.
JohnathanKong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 10:09 PM   #39
slag
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned1701 View Post
on Amazon.com 2 days ago for 45.91 US shipped

same here
slag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 12:46 AM   #40
Bnz Toy
Generation 2

Hey guys, Slingshot is ready for order at TRU.com and Air Raid is ready for order at TRU.ca.
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...entPage=search
http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index....uctId=58055176

Bnz Toy is offline   Reply With Quote