Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > TFcon Discussion

Old 07-02-2014, 04:34 PM   #11
Knockout
I can't anymore. Done.
Re: Any confirmation on how much guests will charge?

There isn't any of the paying guests I'm willing to pay and see this year, so I don't care about the prices anymore.

As soon as we hit 100 likes we will be having a sale!

Knockout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 05:10 PM   #12
justprime
Animated

so you bring your child down cause he/she a Tf fan, wants the voice artist autographs from there favriot cartoon series and ends up dissapointed cause its going to be 80-100 bucks pluse.... fair? toughts....
justprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 06:11 PM   #13
General Tekno
Lugnut rules!
Send a message via AIM to General Tekno Send a message via MSN to General Tekno

That's no different than the standard situation at a convention, though. Most conventions of a certain size don't include autographs.
Old 07-02-2014, 07:41 PM   #14
Knockout
I can't anymore. Done.

There is only 3 autographs I'd ever pay for. Peter Cullen, 2NE1 and BIG BANG.

Otherwise no one else is getting my money. And not all cons charge, some cons do carry the guests in the budget completely so there is no use to charge. Like for example AN, which is a huge non profit con (27,000+ attended this year) carry their guests, no charges extra to the attendee. Even for concerts performed by Japanese artists are not charged extra. You pay only extra for the breakfast with the guests and the moonlight ball (though the last hour is open to all attendees)

But their a big con, so they can afford it. Fan Expo is also a big con (hatethemforlife) but still can't seem to figure how to put guests in the budget. Though that might be a Rogers problem. Well not anymore actually since they sold it to someone else last year.

Do I see it as fair to charge extra for guests, not really but there is really nothing you can do about it. It's up to you if you want to go through with it and if you do choose to see a guest, just budget for it.

As soon as we hit 100 likes we will be having a sale!

Knockout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 10:35 PM   #15
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

I find that at most conventions that if you have bought an autograph already most guests will allow for a photo to be taken as a part of the deal.

It can never hurt to ask!

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 09:40 AM   #16
Malwave
Resident Gryphon
Malwave's Ebay Auctions
Send a message via MSN to Malwave Send a message via Skype™ to Malwave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockout View Post
There is only 3 autographs I'd ever pay for. Peter Cullen, 2NE1 and BIG BANG.

Otherwise no one else is getting my money. And not all cons charge, some cons do carry the guests in the budget completely so there is no use to charge. Like for example AN, which is a huge non profit con (27,000+ attended this year) carry their guests, no charges extra to the attendee. Even for concerts performed by Japanese artists are not charged extra. You pay only extra for the breakfast with the guests and the moonlight ball (though the last hour is open to all attendees)

But their a big con, so they can afford it. Fan Expo is also a big con (hatethemforlife) but still can't seem to figure how to put guests in the budget. Though that might be a Rogers problem. Well not anymore actually since they sold it to someone else last year.

Do I see it as fair to charge extra for guests, not really but there is really nothing you can do about it. It's up to you if you want to go through with it and if you do choose to see a guest, just budget for it.
in all fairness, it's 20 bucks. And I assume you're coming to TFcon with more than 20 in your pocket. Otherwise you're doing it wrong.
Malwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 03:58 PM   #17
Swalloweddark
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by justprime View Post
so is it up to the voice artist ? I know Mr Chalk has to my knowlage never charged nor did David Kay, Neil Ross, Wally Bur, Venus, etc is this something the con started new? again with this many voice artists a blanket charge would seem fair/resonable,.. $ paid at the door and a limit to # pieces brought for signature ...just a thought
The con usually budgets guest in to its Quota whuch usually hikes the badge prices and dealer tables/artist tables per year but this Year TF con is not 'catering', per say, to the guest so the only way they are paying their way by is turning it to the attendees and charging for autographs. Prices are set by the guests not the con so whatever they think is fair is what they'll charge or how they are running the photo and autograph. The con has nothing to do with it now.

I'm luckily not interested in the guest this year. Find it a pretty sad Roll Call for this year and are more excited for the Artists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malwave View Post
in all fairness, it's 20 bucks. And I assume you're coming to TFcon with more than 20 in your pocket. Otherwise you're doing it wrong.
$20 isn't bad but it adds up. All my money is already spent for TF con from pre-orders. Just using the day to pick stuff up. No fighting the dealers crowd or caring to get in and get things first. perfect if you just want to enjoy the convention and not spend hours on end in the Dealers area.
Swalloweddark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 01:34 PM   #18
SlothimusPrima
Evil Autobot Emperess

The charge of autographs is probably because of the new TFcon Chicago this october so they dont have the extra money to pay guests. Or its because of that guy last year who had Dick Gautier sign over 20 figures in one go and none of the staff stopped him. He had two rubbermaid containers and one guy is all it takes to ruin a good thing.

I plan to get all the voice actors' autographs especially since 3 of them i maynever meet again...especially Neil Kaplan.

Last edited by SlothimusPrima; 07-08-2014 at 01:36 PM.
SlothimusPrima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 01:36 PM   #19
down_shift
Fortress Maximus

In my experience, which isn't much, guests will charge $20/thing. So if you wanted to get your RID Primed signed, plus a signed pic, PLUS a picture with them, that would be $60. Sometimes they will roll the prices, but not always.
down_shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 01:42 PM   #20
pulsedragon20
I win

There's a charge now! Sure Mark Ryan charged for his signature when he was a guess that year but no one else did.... Oh well, got to be more selective then.
pulsedragon20 is offline   Reply With Quote