Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 03-30-2019, 01:54 PM   #21
positivelyken
One Man Gestalt
Re: Initial thoughts on MP BW Megatron from HK...

Quote:
Originally Posted by predahank View Post
Dinobot had similar reports during this early stage and it turned out to be an issue with scary levels of tolerances. I don’t like the idea of having to worry about transforming my uber expensive transformer
It does suggest that we're reaching a breaking point (pun intended) in the quest to make a transformable figure as screen-accurate as possible in both modes, where the ability to achieve that result leads to more extensive and intricate panel-forming, smaller and thinner parts, tighter tolerances, and more areas that are prone to breakage.
positivelyken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 02:34 PM   #22
joshimus
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by predahank View Post
Dinobot had similar reports during this early stage and it turned out to be an issue with scary levels of tolerances. I don’t like the idea of having to worry about transforming my uber expensive transformer
I transformed Dinobot several times since I got him without issues. I am REALLY hoping Megatron turns out the same way.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 10:38 AM   #23
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wervenom View Post
So then it is a little more wide spread then. That is most unfortunate.
One guy unscrewing parts as a safety measure without really knowing if NOT doing so would damage the figure is hardly what I would call a QC issue report... Tons of buyers already have the figure by now. People with a positive experience often don't bother posting.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 11:10 AM   #24
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

I've already watched a review from Japan, seems fine to me.
https://youtu.be/WhNukGOgtgI

Here's another positive one:
https://youtu.be/OuseLxppLOA
ssjgoku22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 11:11 AM   #25
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
One guy unscrewing parts as a safety measure without really knowing if NOT doing so would damage the figure is hardly what I would call a QC issue report... Tons of buyers already have the figure by now. People with a positive experience often don't bother posting.
Generally yes but anyone, you included, should be grateful of the fact of potential warnings of breakage. Even if this serves as a warning to say "Hey, watch out for this part of the transformation" wouldn't everyone appreciate the heads up? Especially given the price tag?

Last edited by wervenom; 04-01-2019 at 04:04 PM.
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 11:34 AM   #26
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Quote:
Even if this serves as a warning to say "Hey, watch out for this part of the transformation" wouldn't everyone appreciate the heads up? Especially given the price tag?
I will say that even though I bought a TR Trypticon from one of the "good batches", I did the hip/tail fixes anyways (didn't clip the springs, just got them out and worked the hell out of them so they weren't so ball-bustingly strong on the candy-*ss plastic they used)

I also am super careful when adjusting the hip ratchets, and treat the tail joint tenderly

I wouldn't have done these things if people hadn't issued the widespread warnings of the QA issues that plagued Trypticon's release, and so far I've had no issues

So yes, I can appreciate fair notice of potential issues, better to have more warning than none
evenstaves is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 11:40 AM   #27
JonoPrime
Robot Master

Quote:
Generally yes but anyone, you included, should be grateful of the fact of potential warnings if breakage. Even if this serves as a warning to say "Hey, watch out for this part of the transformation" wouldn't everyone appreciate the heads up? Especially given the price tag?
I compeletely agree!

For me, it doesnt matter if an issue is on a mass scale per say. Just a friendly reminder from another collector to be careful or mindful or a certain aspect of a figure I find to be immensely helpful

Its the help from these forums I enjoy most.
JonoPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 01:54 PM   #28
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonoPrime View Post
I compeletely agree!

For me, it doesnt matter if an issue is on a mass scale per say. Just a friendly reminder from another collector to be careful or mindful or a certain aspect of a figure I find to be immensely helpful

Its the help from these forums I enjoy most.
I just passed on the info as a warning, nothing more. I have nothing against MP BW Megatron or TakaraTomy - I preordered two (was going to cancel one to see how it goes but was too late for that) anyway. May be there are issues or may be there isn’t. If some perceived this as a smear campaign or something may be I will just keep quiet next time... I supposed it is not my business.

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 02:25 PM   #29
JonoPrime
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadESL63 View Post
I just passed on the info as a warning, nothing more. I have nothing against MP BW Megatron or TakaraTomy - I preordered two (was going to cancel one to see how it goes but was too late for that) anyway. May be there are issues or may be there isn’t. If some perceived this as a smear campaign or something may be I will just keep quiet next time... I supposed it is not my business.

Nah man, dont be quiet ... Passing along this info was helpful for me and I appreciate it.
JonoPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 02:30 PM   #30
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadESL63 View Post
I wouldn't take it that way. I'm sure ppl appreciate the fact that you pointed it out and in this community especially here on this board help is and should always be appreciated. Don't let the perceived negativity ever stop you or anyone else from helping. Now I'm done preaching
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote