Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Old 09-16-2010, 04:24 PM   #31
Mighty_Galvatron
Canadian Slag
Re: Transformers Deluxe Figures on Sale at Toys R Us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruticus82 View Post
I don't see how it's cheating if you're doing everything entirely within their posted policies. They could easily avoid this by making their return and price adjustment terms the same length, say 30 days for both.

Just curious, would you see it any differently if you did this:

1. Buy one at regular price, keep it MISB.
2. Head there during a sale, receipt in hand, and return it.
3. Walk over to the shelves, wait for the customer service reps to restock the shelves with the item you just returned, buy it on sale, and walk out with it again.
Muahahahahahaa
Mighty_Galvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 05:19 PM   #32
JLvatron
Chosen 1

Quote:
I don't see how it's cheating if you're doing everything entirely within their posted policies. They could easily avoid this by making their return and price adjustment terms the same length, say 30 days for both.

Just curious, would you see it any differently if you did this:

1. Buy one at regular price, keep it MISB.
2. Head there during a sale, receipt in hand, and return it.
3. Walk over to the shelves, wait for the customer service reps to restock the shelves with the item you just returned, buy it on sale, and walk out with it again.
Nope, same cheating. Not in the spirit of basic society trade.

It's Definitely legal per the written rule, but I'd hate to live in a world where we are all acting like New York lawyers. Especially regarding something that deserves our respect as Transformers does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty_Galvatron View Post
Muahahahahahaa
Thanks for agreeing with me, fellow Galvatron!

JLvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 05:56 PM   #33
sideswipe88
Stig's Asian Cousin

Quote:
You can get a price adjustment by just bringing in the receipt, no box necessary, as long as you're within the 14 day period. I've done it several times.

If you want the price adjustment but it's after 14 days (but within the 45 day return period) the easiest thing to do is this:

1. Go buy a new transformer at the sale price, identical to the one you have at home that you paid full price for.
2. Walk over to customer service with your new transformer, and your old receipt (non-sale price).
3. Return the toy, say your cousin already had one or something similar.
4. Walk out with your refund.

You've now essentially paid sale price for the one at home. It's the same effect as a price adjustment except you have 45 days to do it. Although again, I will note that I have no idea if TRU considers this abusive or not. If you start doing this en masse for dozens of toys every year, they might get upset and ban you from future refunds. I wish we had a TRU Q & A thread so we could ask them...

If you're actually trying to return one for some reason (it has two left hands, etc.) I think you need original packaging and all the original accessories etc. It helps if you tell them why you're returning (what's wrong with it.).
thx man i'l probably do it tomorrow.
sideswipe88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 09:04 PM   #34
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon

Going to pick up Drift and wave 2 Generations if possible.
Old 09-16-2010, 09:45 PM   #35
Tekkamanraiden
G1 Original
Tekkamanraiden's Ebay Auctions

An extra Drift might be nice to have.

Feedback http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=19772
Tekkamanraiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 09:51 PM   #36
Perceptor
Alternator

Today I went to my local TRU and saw that there are lots of bots that I want on the pegs, so I returned many of my MISB figs purchased over the last month at regular prices. I plan to head there first thing in the morning to buy them back at sale price. I figure since I returned them today, when there are no sale signs, it's not cheating. Plus I take the risk that within opening minutes all those bots are gone... highly unlikely since they are multiples of all bots I returned on pegs.
Old 09-16-2010, 09:56 PM   #37
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perceptor View Post
Today I went to my local TRU and saw that there are lots of bots that I want on the pegs, so I returned many of my MISB figs purchased over the last month at regular prices. I plan to head there first thing in the morning to buy them back at sale price. I figure since I returned them today, when there are no sale signs, it's not cheating. Plus I take the risk that within opening minutes all those bots are gone... highly unlikely since they are multiples of all bots I returned on pegs.

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 10:16 PM   #38
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

Cheating? Sounds like playing by the rules to me
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 12:30 AM   #39
RedOktobre
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLvatron View Post
Ooo, I'd expect a hassle for ANY customer service price match/adjustment.
Agreed!

During my last price match/adjustment at the Customer Service counter last year, the assistant manager/supervisor "lectured" me a bit before processing the refund. She stressed that they normally do not do price adjustments, but will process my request as a "courtesy".

I just "grinned and beared it". I was tempted to argue back, but I bit my tongue instead. I just wanted to get my refund and run! I didn't want my day ruined from engaging in a verbal fight with the manager.

Quote:
You can get a price adjustment by just bringing in the receipt, no box necessary, as long as you're within the 14 day period. I've done it several times.

If you want the price adjustment but it's after 14 days (but within the 45 day return period) the easiest thing to do is this:

1. Go buy a new transformer at the sale price, identical to the one you have at home that you paid full price for.
2. Walk over to customer service with your new transformer, and your old receipt (non-sale price).
3. Return the toy, say your cousin already had one or something similar.
4. Walk out with your refund.
Yeah.

I considered employing your trick last year if the manager refused my price adjustment. I was even planning to "lecture" her about what I was prepared to do to get what I want!

View my collection on Youtube at the raginroninreview channel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxoEydL-p6s

Sales Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...800#post360800

Feedback: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=2648

Disclaimer:
All statements or views expressed by the board member, "RedOktobre", are purely personal opinions which may or may not be substantiated by relevant facts. Any perceived insult resulting from opinions asserted by the said board member is absolutely unintentional.
RedOktobre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 08:23 AM   #40
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOktobre View Post
Agreed!

During my last price match/adjustment at the Customer Service counter last year, the assistant manager/supervisor "lectured" me a bit before processing the refund. She stressed that they normally do not do price adjustments, but will process my request as a "courtesy".

I just "grinned and beared it". I was tempted to argue back, but I bit my tongue instead. I just wanted to get my refund and run! I didn't want my day ruined from engaging in a verbal fight with the manager.
That's funny, because when I called my store up to ask what their price adjustment policy was they told me straight up 14 days, and I've never had an issue with a price adjustment within the 14 day period...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOktobre View Post
Yeah.

I considered employing your trick last year if the manager refused my price adjustment. I was even planning to "lecture" her about what I was prepared to do to get what I want!
except this one time, when they refused to give me a price adjustment on star wars figures because it was "Buy 1 get one half off" on "Saturday only". So I was there on the Saturday, with my receipt, and they said they couldn't give it to me because I hadn't bought them on Saturday. "No problem" I said, I walked over to the star wars isle, checked out with 2 figures, then walked back over to the return aisle and returned those two figures to the same person on my old bill. I explained to them what I did, and at first they were concerned that they had to keep those two toys aside for me so I could repurchase them (actually helping me out) but then I explained that they didn't need to do that, and just process the refund, and so they did.

They didn't seem to have any issue with it, then again they are just front line staff and are probably trained to be helpful...or at least the ones at my location are.

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
deluxe, figures, sale, toys, toys r us canada, transformers