Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

View Poll Results: Do you collect G1 figures/toys?
Yes 53 58.24%
No 18 19.78%
Not really 20 21.98%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-23-2013, 08:41 PM   #31
Plainsjumper
Machine War
Re: POLL: Do you collect G1 figures?

I have a few. Cosmos, Whisper, some other minicons...
Plainsjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:06 PM   #32
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

Interesting... Right now the "no" and "not really" folks, i.e. The non-G1-collectors, outnumber us G1 collectors 30-28. And yet I keep encountering strong options (elsewhere, not here) that try to push a belief that people who don't collect G1 are somehow less of fans. A belief that's always bugged me even though I do collect some G1.

This poll reinforces for me how varied us fans and collectors are, and that's awesome.
Do you have Perfect Effect Powermaster Prime upgrades PC-15 (little Ginrai dude) and PC-16 (transforming Prime cab) - or Fans Hobby Powerbaser - and you want some hard-to-get MISB ER / TR figures (the 3 ER Coneheads, Runamok, TR Twin Twist & Top Spin)? PM me if you're interested in working out a trade!
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:09 PM   #33
FEZaid
Arabian Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaliebot View Post
Interesting... Right now the "no" and "not really" folks, i.e. The non-G1-collectors, outnumber us G1 collectors 30-28. And yet I keep encountering strong options (elsewhere, not here) that try to push a belief that people who don't collect G1 are somehow less of fans. A belief that's always bugged me even though I do collect some G1.

This poll reinforces for me how varied us fans and collectors are, and that's awesome.
Glad it showed results for you and me, too.
Old 04-23-2013, 10:32 PM   #34
laffy
Crossover

yes yes and yes and some day I will be able to retire and live off my toys. any of the new toys are never going to bring in value like the G1s can...
laffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:40 PM   #35
Bruticus
B&K Collectables

All of G1 1984 to 1988, less the pretenders that never appeared in any series, including the Japanese ones.

-----------------------------------------------------
Add B&K Collectables to your Facebook HERE

Follow B&K Collectables on your Twitter HERE

Subscribe to the B&K Collectables' newsletter HERE
------------------------------------------------------
Cybertron.ca Feedback Thread --> http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=18760
Bruticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:41 PM   #36
Vain
Spin Drive Smasher

I don't go out of my way to collect G1 simply because I'm anal about the condition of my figures. I want them pretty pristine which means they're more expensive and well as a university student, I don't have a ton of cash to blow.

I do however grab as many as I can for great deals. I also have most of my favorites in G1 form.

G2 on the other hand, I'm all over that! <3

"They can't beat the Best"

Follow me on Instagram: @Dropdead_Charlie
Game with me on PsN: Dropdead_Charlie

-------------------------------------
Vain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:51 PM   #37
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaliebot View Post

where do you hear that? lol. never heard that before, but i tend to stay away from most g1 hate threads on tfw, which i'm guessing might be where tempers flare and dumb shit gets said lol

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:32 AM   #38
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
Nexus Maximus

I'd much rather have a toy with working knees and elbows than one with die-cast metal. I've got a couple of G1 toys in my collection, but most of them were bought as part of lots. The only one that I sought out specifically was a knock-off of Jetfire, which it pretty much the only G1 figure who's engineering holds up today.

When I want to get my '80s nostalgia fix, I buy Gobots. They're generally better toys than what Hasbro was putting out at the time, anyway.
Old 04-24-2013, 12:51 AM   #39
steamwhistle
Crossover

G1 & Masterpiece here...

It is G1 which spawned my interest -- the original cartoons were effective advertising.

I used to have a large G1 collection -- probably about 100. Some time ago - perhaps 20 years - I didn't see much use for them, and auctioned them over on a newsgroup. uggh -- I miss them now.

I bought some of the re-issues when I noticed they were out. I never actively scoured the Internet for info regarding releases and release dates until last year. Of course, that was a bit late.

As a child, I had dreamed of having the full set of Transformers -- in triplicate, of course. One boxed, one in a display pose, and one to play with, but sadly, that dream likely won't happen.

Realistically, I'd like to have the G1 collection, original, or re-issues, starting with all the TFs pictured in the original fleet brochure that came with the toys.

G1 for me... I just couldn't get into the subsequent lines & cartoons, although I do buy one here or there if the toy has a G1 character name and looks interesting.
steamwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:30 AM   #40
grizzly519
Alternator

My main is G1 but i will buy from newer series if i think the figure is cool for example big convoy,rotf bludgeon,and most recently thundertron.
grizzly519 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
figures, generation one, poll, toys