Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-01-2009, 02:06 PM   #1
A1T1K2
QQ - Transformers Universe

Looking to obtain Optimus Prime, BumbleBee, Hot Rod and Grimlock but having difficulty locating these figures in store.

At this point in this particular series lifecycle, would it be better to turn to eBay/on-line retailers?

I'm beginning to think the likelihood of me finding these specific models in store are slim to none.

Last edited by A1T1K2; 05-01-2009 at 02:18 PM.
A1T1K2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 02:22 PM   #2
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one
Re: QQ - Transformers Universe

I don't want to crush you, but yeah...slim to none. you would have better luck getting the henkie(spell?) japanese versions online like at Yahobby.com or automaton. I'm looking to get another rodimus and grimlock to replace the ones that my wife knocked off my shelf and broke. I only had one of each.
wish ya luck in your search.

yahobby.com was only going to charge $10 shipping for a deluxe Henkei figure at a price of $19.99 to i think 24.99. Thats better than you would pay on ebay, most sellers shipping is atleast 20 bucks US sometimes more. I saw an auction for a universe legends Bumblebee for 9.99 and the shipping was 40 bucks. look around find the best price you can online...I think its your only way to get those figures.

Last edited by Matrix_Holder; 05-01-2009 at 02:27 PM.
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 02:22 PM   #3
DECEPTICON_BRAWL
Autocepticon

those are 3 years old they were gone a LONG time ago.

I VOTE FOR A LEADER CLASS FALLEN!!!!!
DECEPTICON_BRAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 02:24 PM   #4
JSon
Robo Warrior

I can't imagine you finding them in store at all. I had trouble finding most of those a year and a half ago. Your best bet is defiantly ebay as most online retailers are probably sold out

If your going to go to ebay for them you may want to consider purchasing the Taraka Tomy Henkei versions of them which are the imported Japanesse verision of each figure. Most online retailers still have these in stock and though they are rougly double (give or take) the retail price of the classics line, it may cost the same or even less to buy the Japanesse versions seeing considering the inflated prices on ebay as well as shipping and searching time. The Henkei versions are exactly the same figure just usually with superior paint applications and fancy vacume metalic.

The Heneki figures would be Mint in box, but if you just wanted them already opened and loose without packaging you may be able to find the classics for cheap on eBay.

Just for reference I JUST bought a Henkei Prime becuase I never did buy a classics Optimus and needed one, I bought my Henkei for $47 + shipping from Automation (all the sites on the right of the page are good Canadian places to look). I looked on eBay and most prices were at least that plus shipping, and considering the Henkei version I didn't have to bid on, combined shipping with other items, and is better than the Classics version, I think he was well worth it. But you never know, and if you keep you eye on eBay you may be able to find a good deal.

Last edited by JSon; 05-01-2009 at 02:33 PM.
JSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 03:00 PM   #5
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

Here's how I obtained my Classics:

Jetfire
-bought at Zellers in 2004

Starscream, Thundercracker, Skywarp, Acid Storm (all Henkei except for AS)
-through various trades, TC loose from eBay

Optimus and Nemesis Primes
-traded THS-02B and Robot Masters metallic G1 Convoy for them

Henkei Megatron and Classics Treadbolt
-bought on-line from A3U before they went belly up

Henkei Bumblebee
-bought from a specialty toy retailer for waaayyyy too much

Classics Rodimus
-aquired through trade

Well, you get the idea...Only my Jetfire was bought through conventional means 5 years ago. Nowadays you're hooped unless you go the expensive Henkei route or eBay.

Last edited by jjwankenobi; 05-01-2009 at 05:07 PM.
jjwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 03:01 PM   #6
onecoin
Banned

Just PP on the Classics, and go with the Henkei, in some cases it will actually be cheaper and its a definite quality upgrade.
onecoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 06:22 PM   #7
A1T1K2

Thanks everyone who responded. You had a lot of great information and I've managed to make a few orders as a result.
A1T1K2 is offline   Reply With Quote