Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 11-18-2018, 05:09 PM   #1
ngnaw
Armada
Thundercracker Deluxe Generations 2011?

Hello, I have 2 Thundercracker figures and both were claimed to be authentic. I noticed on 1 of them though the cannon's trigger is painted all black and on my other figure the trigger is painted blue...

The one that looks authentic (blue trigger) I didn't buy it with instructions cause the guy didn't have it. The one with the black triggers, it came with official instructions but that's the one i'm not sure of. The 2 figures look exactly the same and feel exactly the same.

All reviews i've seen, the authentic Thundercracker has blue triggers on the cannons... Anyone out there know of them coming with black triggers?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181118_160519.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	42051  
Old 11-18-2018, 05:49 PM   #2
GotBot
Nexus Maximus
Re: Thundercracker Deluxe Generations 2011?

Interesting. Could it be from Henkei or maybe from the Game of Decepticons box set? I dunno.
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 06:30 PM   #3
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

I think the black trigger ones actually belong to generations Dirge. From the pictures you provided, the blue on the launcher doesn't match the blue on the missile. So everything could be authentic to hasbro. It's just that they're with the wrong figure.

Last edited by Sun Swipe Prime; 11-18-2018 at 06:35 PM.
Sun Swipe Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 06:35 PM   #4
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

My Game of Decepticons Thundercracker has blue triggers (I bought the loose bags set at the time but it should be the same as the boxed one). I can’t remember what color is the Henkei one (mine is in storage in the garage) but according to my Generations 2009 Vol. 1 book it shouldn’t be all black either.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4B09BFFD-4295-436C-A8DF-805CA148DEE0.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	42052   Click image for larger version

Name:	54DAAB5E-E1A4-48C3-8B99-4B4B05A0F721.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	20.7 KB
ID:	42053  

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately

Last edited by QuadESL63; 11-18-2018 at 06:39 PM.
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 07:41 PM   #5
ngnaw
Armada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post
I think the black trigger ones actually belong to generations Dirge. From the pictures you provided, the blue on the launcher doesn't match the blue on the missile. So everything could be authentic to hasbro. It's just that they're with the wrong figure.

Hmmmmmm they do look like Dirge's, just the launcher part obviously not the missile. I don't know if the seller knew this or if it came like that... I don't really mind was just going over it and noticed it after sale. Weird someone would ruin a Dirge to swap out just the launchers? Unless they lost the black missiles...
Old 11-18-2018, 09:19 PM   #6
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngnaw View Post
Hmmmmmm they do look like Dirge's, just the launcher part obviously not the missile. I don't know if the seller knew this or if it came like that... I don't really mind was just going over it and noticed it after sale. Weird someone would ruin a Dirge to swap out just the launchers? Unless they lost the black missiles...
Could be that someone put it together from a bunch of found parts sort of scenario. For example, maybe they found the body at a thrift store, and then later found the launchers, and then matched them with the body and missiles. They might have known they didn't belong together, or they might not have. Regardless, they could now sell it all as a "complete" figure for more than they probably paid for the parts individually.
Old 11-18-2018, 11:05 PM   #7
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Yeah what you have is a composite from different figures, thats why the colours dont match up to what they should be.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote