Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-02-2015, 04:18 PM   #7581
Blitzwing
Armada
Re: BC Community Thread For Non-Sightings Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Prime View Post
Are the TF comics for the Chaos and Heart of Darkness series worth getting? I've gotten into TF RID and MTMTE series and REALLY like those. Recently I got the Omnibus for Infiltration/Escalation/Devastation, it was ok, but not great like RID and especially MTMTE. So, i'm just wonder on some peoples opinions on the chaos/HOD series. thanks
Heart of Darkness is largely considered the worst thing that IDW has ever done with the Transformers license, so I would avoid it. Chaos is ok, Livio Ramondelli's art is an acquired taste, some people like it and some people hate it.

If you're a MTMTE fan, I would recommend checking out Last Stand of the Wreckers by James Roberts and Nick Roche, it's easily the best mini-series that IDW has put out.

There was a lot of good older stuff from Furman as well, like Stormbringer and Maximum Dinobots. A lot of the Spotlight issues from that era were really great too.
Old 01-02-2015, 04:32 PM   #7582
Harry Prime
Post and roll out!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroShake View Post
Chaos is good, some of the issues were written by Roberts. Heart of Darkness on the other hand.. I'd skip it, it's probably the weakest of all the arcs due to it being linked to IDW's infestation series.

Mind you, Chaos and HOD are two mini-series that are part of the larger "Ongoing" series that continues after "All Hail Megatron".
Thanks for the info, appreciate it.
Harry Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 04:38 PM   #7583
Harry Prime
Post and roll out!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzwing View Post
Heart of Darkness is largely considered the worst thing that IDW has ever done with the Transformers license, so I would avoid it. Chaos is ok, Livio Ramondelli's art is an acquired taste, some people like it and some people hate it.

If you're a MTMTE fan, I would recommend checking out Last Stand of the Wreckers by James Roberts and Nick Roche, it's easily the best mini-series that IDW has put out.

There was a lot of good older stuff from Furman as well, like Stormbringer and Maximum Dinobots. A lot of the Spotlight issues from that era were really great too.
Thanks as well.
I loved Wreckers as well, very well done. I'm interested also in checking out Stormbringer and Max Dinos.
I heard they are releasing some sort of Spotlight Omnibus soon consisting of the first 13 issues (give or take an issue). I'll be looking for that. I have the Orion Pax and Megatron spotlights only, which I enjoyed.
Would you recommend All Hail Megs?
Harry Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 06:34 PM   #7584
Blitzwing
Armada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Prime View Post
Thanks as well.
I loved Wreckers as well, very well done. I'm interested also in checking out Stormbringer and Max Dinos.
I heard they are releasing some sort of Spotlight Omnibus soon consisting of the first 13 issues (give or take an issue). I'll be looking for that. I have the Orion Pax and Megatron spotlights only, which I enjoyed.
Would you recommend All Hail Megs?
For me personally, I wasn't a huge fan of AHM because I enjoyed what Furman was doing and AHM seemed to be a soft reboot away from that.

The beginning of it reads like an episode from the Sunbow cartoon, but then they slowly start to introduce things that connect it to Furman's run.

I would say that if you're a fan of big epic events and love the 1984-86 cast, it would be enjoyable. There are also some great Coda issues that take place towards the end of the run as sort of an epilogue to the story. Those are some of the best things to come out of AHM in my opinion.
Old 01-03-2015, 02:26 AM   #7585
Msol
Titanium

Loved LSotW and the 2-part Chaos Theory. Chaos itself was hard to read due to the art, but the story was interesting enough.

If you're enjoying MTMTE, I'd recommend finding Roberts' novel, Eugenesis. It's archived somewhere on the Internet. I added it to my iPad book app and it was great.
Msol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 07:52 PM   #7586
Msol
Titanium

I heart Magnus so muchhhhh

Last edited by Msol; 01-03-2015 at 07:59 PM.
Msol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 07:56 PM   #7587
kirbenvost
Fortress Maximus

Oh yeah, he's so good. Maybe not the best MP but one of the best.
Old 01-03-2015, 10:42 PM   #7588
kirbenvost
Fortress Maximus

Hey guys, I ordered Generations Legends Gears from BBTS and decided I don't really want him. He's still sealed, asking $12 cash, meet up near Skytrain weekday evenings. If there's anything else you want on my sale list I give discounts for multiple purchases.

EDIT: Sold.

Last edited by kirbenvost; 01-12-2015 at 07:28 PM.
kirbenvost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 03:20 PM   #7589
timcrook
Cybertron

Shelf warmers .... It was kinda hard for me to find Roadbuster and Skybyte at stores last year because of so many Rhinoxes on the shelfs even tho I go to the stores often.

This year, once I get a hint a new wave is out, I'm buying the shelf warmers from Bowmac TRU, Landsdowne TRU & Target and returning them to Metrotown. I don't mind spending the gas money.

Any thoughts on this? Will this work? Is this illegal?
timcrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 05:02 PM   #7590
kirbenvost
Fortress Maximus

Pretty sure it's not illegal. But Metrotown will probably notice and they won't like it and may even refuse to allow you to return stuff after awhile. I don't know, it might work? I think store managers order individually for their own store. It's just that the excess of stuff at Metrotown would almost certainly be noticed.