Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 11-20-2014, 07:13 PM   #11
Crobot91
Metroplex
Re: Your thoughts on the 86 Movie

Great movie; some of the best animation ever IMO.

The soundtrack helps too.
Old 11-20-2014, 07:25 PM   #12
Ironwave
Seek and Destroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metroplex79 View Post
all main featured Cybertronians but Arcee had toys, names and lines spoken, vs the dozens of Cybertronians that showed up with no lines (or lines that I can understand), and/or no names, and/or no toys.
Unicron, Primus, both Bases (Cons, Bots) never got toy releases
Old 11-20-2014, 07:30 PM   #13
Metroplex79
Little Guy with Firepower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironwave View Post
Unicron, Primus, both Bases (Cons, Bots) never got toy releases
Whoops, forgot about Unicron

(but technically, Unicron is not a Cybertronian, so I am still correct)

Primus, Metroplex, and Trypticon weren't named, and besides Trypticon was born in Five Faces of Darkness Part 4.

A team that's only a shell of its former self
Savage Blitzkrieg Squad [MIC]

Metroplex79 is a good and safe city to do business in!!! Take the tour.
These people stopped by:
Cybertron.ca feedback thread

New and old buyers welcome here:
Cybertron.ca sales thread
[CONTINUING POST-TFCON UPDATE]
(last update: Feb 12/14 @ 9:15am EST, slight edit)
Metroplex79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 07:39 PM   #14
Ironwave
Seek and Destroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metroplex79 View Post
Whoops, forgot about Unicron

(but technically, Unicron is not a Cybertronian, so I am still correct)

Primus, Metroplex, and Trypticon weren't named, and besides Trypticon was born in Five Faces of Darkness Part 4.
You named Arcee as she is the only one with no toy release , so I was assuming you were mentioning the whole G1 Transformers toy releases. Unicron is not a Cybertronian, but he does have a Transformers robot mode and Primus never got one either. Trypticon was build in FFOD part 4, so he did get a toy release after. What about Autobot City? did it had a toy release? I am not talking about Metroplex cause we don't see Metroplex in the movie as part of Autobot City
Old 11-20-2014, 07:45 PM   #15
Harry Prime
Post and roll out!!

I was 11 years old and got to see the movie in the theatre.
It was magical-
Ya, it was hard to watch all those autobots get killed off and when i saw Prime die, i think i saw a 30 something year old guy in the theatre wipe away a tear, it was a big moment seeing Prime die. I remember worrying what would happen now to the autobots, i was sucked right in with all the drama of Prime gone.
Unicron was an amazing character, so menacing and unstoppable.
I still own an original VHS copy of it with the oversized plastic case. When it first came out on VHS i rented a copy of it. I set my tape recorder up next to the TV speaker and recorded an audio version of the whole movie and listened to the movie by my bed side countless nights before falling asleep.
I loved the soundtrack, had a copy of the tape for many years and still enjoy listening to it. It was great to hear Vince DiCola's syth work in the new Angry Birds Transformers.
Imo it set the bar too high for season 3, but i don't blame the movie for how bad season 3 got.

Last edited by Harry Prime; 11-20-2014 at 07:47 PM.
Harry Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 08:00 PM   #16
JLvatron
Chosen 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironwave View Post
You named Arcee as she is the only one with no toy release , so I was assuming you were mentioning the whole G1 Transformers toy releases. Unicron is not a Cybertronian, but he does have a Transformers robot mode and Primus never got one either. Trypticon was build in FFOD part 4, so he did get a toy release after. What about Autobot City? did it had a toy release? I am not talking about Metroplex cause we don't see Metroplex in the movie as part of Autobot City

We do see parts of Metroplex in the movie, like his white shiny tank. It's explained in FFoD that his Transformation cog had been damaged during the battle, which is why he couldn't Transform and Arcee & Springer had to manually Transform him to battle station.

Also, Primus was not in the G1 cartoon.

JLvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 08:07 PM   #17
JLvatron
Chosen 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Prime View Post
Ya, it was hard to watch all those autobots get killed off and when i saw Prime die, i think i saw a 30 something year old guy in the theatre wipe away a tear, it was a big moment seeing Prime die. I remember worrying what would happen now to the autobots, i was sucked right in with all the drama of Prime gone.
I was 15 and didn't cry when Prime died. Partly cause everybody knew he Would die because the commercials kept marketing "Does Prime Die?!"
Also, something told me right then & there that Prime would be back.

But when Galvatron was born, as insanely cool as that was, I somehow knew we wouldn't see Megatron again and I was saddened to say goodbye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Prime View Post
I still own an original VHS copy of it with the oversized plastic case. When it first came out on VHS i rented a copy of it. I set my tape recorder up next to the TV speaker and recorded an audio version of the whole movie and listened to the movie by my bed side countless nights before falling asleep.
You, Rap!!!

JLvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 09:24 PM   #18
Echotransformer
Loves all things G1-ish..

It's a great movie for sure, and holds up well in many aspects...my kids like it, so I know there's something meaningful in there beyond my own nostalgia.

I really like that they added a female element...as a kid I didn't care, but these days I think it helps broaden the appeal of the movie and add some depth to the characters. And hey, killing off a bunch of characters is still regarded as a bold move for what is theory a kids movie...and this is inline with the tv cartoon, which in some episodes explored mature themes like racism, climate change, corruption, etc.

The animation still looks great, the music is fun and catchy but I think the movie shows how far sound effects and mixing have improved, I actually find the sound pretty terrible.

And judging it as a movie, the pacing could be better...it starts off pretty quickly but lulls in the latter half, only to climax quickly and offer a somewhat abrupt ending.

But lastly,on a positive note: to this day there are some scenes that I still think are really well done, they give me chills...like Hotrod first shooting at the shuttle and the choreography of how the deceptions jump out and fight, or the way the two ships take off from the Jukion planet (with accompanying haunting score) to the scene in the belly of Unicron where HotRod first find Galvatron, his surroundings aglow in the light of the Matrix.

Yep...still cool after all these years.
Echotransformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 09:54 PM   #19
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

Awesome movie, animation is top notch, great voice actors. best story out of any of the tf movies so far

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 10:50 PM   #20
Protoman
The Legend

The important piece of TF fiction ever.
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman