Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews > Transformers Video Reviews

Old 01-03-2018, 11:04 PM   #11
down_shift
Fortress Maximus
Re: POTP Rodiumus Prime - pretty awful, unless you take another perspective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
I think it's one of the best mainline leaders we've gotten in years outside of the movie lines. It's really fun. All it needs to be perfect are covers to hide the fists in truck mode.
That would be nice, but that wouldn't be my first issue to fix.

For some reason, whoever designs Hot Rod just can't get the arms to look good. They always look too long. Like a little kid wearing a long sleeve shirt that's just a little to big for them. I have the same beef with Jazz, but I feel like.its worse on Hot Rod. The exhaust weapons on his arms look brutal too, but understand that takes a back seat to the arms for me.

Will this stop me from buying Unicrodimus, probably not. Buuut I'll be more than happy to wait for a REALLY GOOD sale.
down_shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 11:08 PM   #12
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
I think it's one of the best mainline leaders we've gotten in years outside of the movie lines. It's really fun. All it needs to be perfect are covers to hide the fists in truck mode.
We don't always agree but I always respect how you call'em like you see'em, Pascal. I am surprised you actually like this guy. Glad to hear he was a win for you.
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 11:30 PM   #13
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by down_shift View Post
For some reason, whoever designs Hot Rod just can't get the arms to look good. They always look too long.
I don't know about that, arms straight down, the hands end up at a normal height compared to a human being. Maybe it's the fact that the arm covers sit lower than the hands that make them look longer to you?

Other than the combination and how it was handled (not what I was expecting at all), another thing that impresses me is the head sculpt for Rodimus. It's really... commanding. Liking the plastic too.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 11:50 PM   #14
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

So in the box, in combined mode, the smaller figures fists are clearly visible around the hips/lower chest of Rodimus. Is that forever or is there a step to hide them better?

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 12:13 AM   #15
Pascal
Banned

Straight from the front, the chest hides them. You can see them from below or from the sides. The arms have to be that way because of how they slot into the backpack for stability.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 05:51 AM   #16
optimusb39
Animated

the only thing this line is good for imo, is to inspire a 3rd party company to do better versions.
the concept is awesome for the evolution of the primes, execution... not do much.
optimusb39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 07:59 AM   #17
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
So in the box, in combined mode, the smaller figures fists are clearly visible around the hips/lower chest of Rodimus. Is that forever or is there a step to hide them better?
I wondered the same thing, but nope, they just hang out. Mine probably stand out more where I painted them. As was noted, they need to be at that orientation for hooking to the trailer. Also, no one has mentioned this, but the Hot Rod thighs as shoulders need to be specific in their orientation to allow the shoulder movement, since it is the sane hinge as the smaller Hot Rod's hips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimusb39 View Post
the only thing this line is good for imo, is to inspire a 3rd party company to do better versions.
the concept is awesome for the evolution of the primes, execution... not do much.
That's my general thought too. The molding is great and the engineering ideas are creative and outside the box but I feel like the execution shows that the concept can still be improved. I mean, how many combiner methods were explored before we got a nice, smooth connection like cw had? Not to say those were all successes...I'm lookin' at you Menasor, but the connection method is effective and easy.
Old 01-04-2018, 08:42 AM   #18
Lioconvoy81
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotBot View Post
Why do you speak such nonsense when you say nothing of value? I can't, and don't seek to, please all the people all the time. If you don't like my style, then either suggest ways to improve, in your opinion, or just plain don't watch - easy peasey. Not everyone likes everyone else's style and that's cool too, but I'm not going to quit because someone disagrees with how I approach a topic.
I can’t offer you much in terms of suggestions for improvement, as I didn’t watch beyond your opening monologue. As soon as I saw the run time I quit. Taking 48 minutes for a video review of a mainline toy is beyond excessive. You need to get that down to about 12 minutes.

Beyond that, you need a better setup. The lighting and backdrop are of poor quality.
Lioconvoy81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 08:46 AM   #19
Longshot
Pretender

I love the face sculpt but the rest of him is okay in my eyes. I will wait for him to go on sale to get him just because I like his alt mode a lot more than his robot and it will complement my DX9 Carry. Though my son (8 years old) just absolutely adores him and think he and Optimus are the greatest things since sliced bread.
Longshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 11:42 AM   #20
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lioconvoy81 View Post
I can’t offer you much in terms of suggestions for improvement, as I didn’t watch beyond your opening monologue. As soon as I saw the run time I quit. Taking 48 minutes for a video review of a mainline toy is beyond excessive. You need to get that down to about 12 minutes.

Beyond that, you need a better setup. The lighting and backdrop are of poor quality.
There ya go, constructive suggestions. Much appreciated. No way for me to cut this particular guy's review down. I know it ran long and sorry about that but there wass sooo much to cover with him, he was so polarizing and since none of the tabs on mine are remotely toleranced well at all, the transformation took forever with the guy. Ironically, I am hoping to work some on the lighting soon. Shooting in the night with these short days can be a challenge sometimes. As for the backdrop, it is generic as not to take away from the figure. Still, any bright ideas on what you would like to see instead? It is all about trying to improve and whether implemented or not, feedback like yours can certainly be helpful.